No announcement yet.

Finnegan's Garage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The previous owner hasn't taken down the Facebook Market place ad . It pops up for me in Indiana under C30 chevy . Listed for $20,000 . Wonder if they made him take it back ? LOL .... I'm sure they had it running that day .
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• I COULDN'T BELIEVE AFTER PAYING THE GUY HIS ASKING PRICE OF $20,000 THE ORIGINIAL OWNER WANTED $80 BUCKS FOR A BATTERY !!!!!!!! I'd be showing his last name all over the place to embarrass him .
        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• Finnegan was so excited about his purchase that he forgot to basic test.... I think there's plenty of blame to go around. But let's recap. He knew the truck was parked for 10 years... so who changes tires on a vehicle during those 10 years? it was clearly park inside during that time, so that wasn't misrepresentation. It ran around town.
          but against the seller, okay, it broke while driving to the airport.... and he just put a fuel filter in it.... let's give the guy the benefit of the doubt for just a second - if that was a first, then how would he know the fuel system was compromised? he didn't even have jumper cables. But back to the fuel issue - Finnegan left his brain in Georgia, because he didn't ask "why would it plug?"

Nope, I don't think the seller did anything wrong (yet if Finnegan pops in here and tells us the seller knew, then I'll change my mind) - I think Finnegan got excited and forgot his head. The time to negotiate the price was in the parking lot of the auto parts store - at least a couple thousand off when he 'noticed' the tire issue and 'because I'm now afraid it's not going to make it home.' Yet he paid full price, who does that?

and not condemning in buying a vehicle I looked at with rose colored glasses, I've done the same thing.... but I wish he'd spent a bit of time thinking what he was doing before blasting the seller on his pulpit. Last time I checked, when buying a car there's this thing called 'trust but verify' and 'have a mechanic look at the car first'. Many mistakes, and now Finnegan seems be bullying this guy because Finnegan didn't check the car out.

That ain't right either.... but then again, Roadkill is made by those situations, and this situation is made for YouTube clicks and monetization.... and also, had it been me selling - especially after this diatribe - I tell everyone I stand behind every car I sell; and push if necessary... the guy helped Finnegan and spent more then a 1/2 day helping him... just to get shamed on the internet.

After all, the only thing here it seems is Finnegan is proclaiming that because he's a nice guy the seller should have spent thousands before some guy from out of state shows up to buy a truck from him.... does this guy, you know, the heir of the original owner of the truck, even know who Finnegan is? he drives a stock Nissan truck (and to be clear, his dad had to DIE for this sale to happen).... as I said, I wish he'd thought more about blasting - but then again, he didn't think when he bought the truck so perhaps it's like wishing a kid in a wheelchair could walk.

Clearly the lesson here is don't sell anything to anyone who has a TV show or YouTube channel. They expect a brand-new-30 year-old car. Yeah, that's reasonable.
          Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; January 15, 2019, 07:48 AM.
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• But maybe I'm being unfair... let's compare and contrast... watch these two videos

If anyone had the right to say "hell with this" then toss everyone under the bus, it was Cletus, but Cletus saw the YouTube potential and ran with it.... and we're learning as he learns.... and he gets those sweet, monetized clicks....

Comment

• Yeah , I'm familiar with McFarland . And he was great about the whole thing . But he was going to blow that motor up anyway . He knows that the vette cart has gone as fast as it's going to go without a body so he needed another car to put a Leroy style motor in or he will continue co come in 3rd place .

I would also agree that the seller of the car hauler did everything he had to and yes everyone should have figured on replacing the 2 inner mostrear and the fronts on there own dime and before leaving town , but really a guy gives you everything you wanted for the truck and you can't be a stand up guy and buy an $80 battery after all the grief you see they're going thru ?
              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• Edit - yeah in reality this truck is probably free .
                Last edited by Dan Barlow; January 18, 2019, 07:12 AM.
                Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
                  Yeah , I'm familiar with McFarland . And he was great about the whole thing . But he was going to blow that motor up anyway . He knows that the vette cart has gone as fast as it's going to go without a body so he needed another car to put a Leroy style motor in or he will continue co come in 3rd place .

I would also agree that the seller of the car hauler did everything he had to and yes everyone should have figured on replacing the 2 inner mostrear and the fronts on there own dime and before leaving town , but really a guy gives you everything you wanted for the truck and you can't be a stand up guy and buy an $80 battery after all the grief you see they're going thru ?
                  who bought the fuel tank, pump and hose? who bought the filters? it's Craigslist, not ebay, not a dealership, it's a guy who lost his dad getting reamed by Finnegan who seems to think he is entitled to a free truck. Please, Finnegan made bank on the clicks, if he's willing to cough up dollars to the guy he bought it from for the extra clicks, then okay, I'll buy your story....

and what do you bet the guy is getting death threats now?

with all that said, Finnegan ain't perfect and I'll still enjoy the free entertainment.... but I won't be feeling sorry for him, he made even more money on this because otherwise it would have been "drive big truck back to Georgia, the end"....
                  Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; January 15, 2019, 01:56 PM.

Comment

• I was surprised Finnegan had no Idea of what trans was in it, seams like he did very little research before the purchase.
                    Tim
                    Melbourne Australia

65 Hardtop Impala, 70 GTS Monaro, 93 "80" Landcruiser

Comment

• Originally posted by 65RHDEER View Post
                      I was surprised Finnegan had no Idea of what trans was in it, seams like he did very little research before the purchase.
                      For sure , Just look at the shift indicator. And if it had one it would burn the trans up just hauling that big box around !
                      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

who bought the fuel tank, pump and hose? who bought the filters? it's Craigslist, not ebay, not a dealership, it's a guy who lost his dad getting reamed by Finnegan who seems to think he is entitled to a free truck. Please, Finnegan made bank on the clicks, if he's willing to cough up dollars to the guy he bought it from for the extra clicks, then okay, I'll buy your story....

and what do you bet the guy is getting death threats now?

with all that said, Finnegan ain't perfect and I'll still enjoy the free entertainment.... but I won't be feeling sorry for him, he made even more money on this because otherwise it would have been "drive big truck back to Georgia, the end"....
                        We don't know what the seller told Mike, as far as the trucks upkeep/what it'll need, etc.
                        craigslist or not, if you claim it is ready to go. and has been driven/started up while it was in storage,etc. you kinda expect it to have small issues, but expect the fuel system to have been cleaned, and other such stuff.
                        This is a classic case of priced to good to be true, but can't say no, and against better judgement, buy it. without looking it over first. cause when will the next time a low miles race rig show up to buy.
                        I'm sure the seller was less than truthful about the truck. and did nothing to it, and why it was D.O.A. in an autoparts parking lot. but ymmv.
                        The seller knowing whom was buying it, should've known it end up on youtube. and should had been forthwith on all the trucks issues/needs.
                        20k isn't free. and 20k was way to much for a rig with that many issues. FACT.

The lesson to take from this, is don't believe everything the seller is telling you, and don't jump the gun, no matter how giddy you get over a vehicle. go look it over before handing over the funds.
                        Mike knows better, and the seller should've known he'd get skewered if the truck was a rolling p.o.s.
                        I can't feel bad for either of them. but I'll bet Mike trusted the seller more than he might have if it wasn't a gearhead/racing family over just some dude selling a truck.
                        Goes to show the brotherhood of the hobby doesn't always mean crap.

in the end Mike got a nice rig that once they fix the problems will serve him well. problem is, it was a 20k truck. put the words uhaul on the side instead of the race team decals and it is a 5k truck all day every day.
                        Low miles on old junk have just as much problems as high mile units. only difference is one looks clean and new. and the other won't look that way.
                        Last edited by Eric; January 16, 2019, 04:03 AM.

Comment

• I chuckle every time they were talking about how pristine the truck was while in the truck and the saggy headliner was flapping in the breeze.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                            I chuckle every time they were talking about how pristine the truck was while in the truck and the saggy headliner was flapping in the breeze.
                            It is a running gag, just like the mazda with olds in bed running tens.

dry humor lost on so many.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric View Post

actually, the mazda is simply lost....

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric View Post

Oh I think they actually meant it and in context to when it was built , that head liner is nothing . Pull that thing down and glue some new fabric to it and you could have it fixed for 40 bucks . Pristine, I except it .
                                Mazdaratti - Once they remember where they left it after a few coronas they will bring it back and c aswell the whole thing a dream sequence .
                                Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Working...
                                X