No announcement yet.

Finnegan's Garage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm thinking the car doesn't like being stuck with a mopar engine even though it is a real hemi . I think paint it yellow put a black hash strip on the dog house calling out the cubes of a mountain motor big block chevy like the Monogram Badman 55 chevy and all will be good .
    Last edited by Dan Barlow; March 1, 2019, 10:55 PM.
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• Sooooo, Finnegan, is that Mazdaratti at 14:39?

Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; March 3, 2019, 10:21 PM.
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Just when you thought your Friday (or Saturday as the case may be) couldn't get better

wheelies

Comment

• That was an enjoyable adventure, thanks for taking us along Fin.

Back in the late 90's I road tripped with a mate and towed a 69 Camaro from Melbourne to Willowbank Raceway in Queensland and won the Fastest Street Car in Australia Shootout.
            Won it with a 454 and N2O. Ran an 8.86, twenty years ago.

Those trips scar the brain in such a good way!
            Tim
            Melbourne Australia

65 Hardtop Impala, 70 GTS Monaro, 93 "80" Landcruiser

Comment

• Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Originally posted by 65RHDEER View Post
                That was an enjoyable adventure, thanks for taking us along Fin.

Back in the late 90's I road tripped with a mate and towed a 69 Camaro from Melbourne to Willowbank Raceway in Queensland and won the Fastest Street Car in Australia Shootout.
                Won it with a 454 and N2O. Ran an 8.86, twenty years ago.

Those trips scar the brain in such a good way!
                Anytime you want to tell more of that story, please feel free...

Comment

• Originally posted by Loren View Post

Anytime you want to tell more of that story, please feel free...
                  I'll catch up with Jeff and try and find some photos of the trip to add to the telling, sit tight it will take me a few weeks...
                  Tim
                  Melbourne Australia

65 Hardtop Impala, 70 GTS Monaro, 93 "80" Landcruiser

Comment

• stuff stacked on a car, looks like my Fiat of course I can just hear the trolls screaming that he should sell it because 'he's not using it'....

Comment

• Great episode. Lots of info there .
                      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• Floater episode... err... boat episode

Comment

• What was that 1700 lb with driver ? Shoot , well over 1 hp per pound . Mike , your nuts !
                          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• I was watching something on YouTube, yesterday, where a guy was moving 2 literally priceless WW1 airplanes out of a shipping container with a $200 forklift, and a well-beat engine hoist. ... why do we do this? Finnegan has that $50k motor (guess) on a $50 engine stand.... I do the same stuff, but I have no idea why I risk it - how often have you seen a show car on a trailer that has 50 years on it since its last bearing service? .... maybe it's because it doesn't go wrong as often as it should... ah well, I ain't changing but find it amusing
                              Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; May 10, 2019, 08:26 PM.

Comment

• You Tube causes micro material. I clicked to get Turbo Boat and got 15 minutes of gas tank. Well, I clicked ahead a bit.

On the penny wise and pound foolish I hung around some ISCA car shows. The turntables people used, somebody a long time ago figured out how to build them out of washing machine parts. One of the feature cars on an island spot had a belt smoke on his. He would have had to take the car off to change the belt. But to make it work it was balanced so well he could turn the car by pushing on it. He would run around it as fast as he could leaving it spinning like a 45 RPM record and it would take half an hour or more to coast to a stop. I could see Finnegan or maybe SBG doing that.
                                Last edited by RockJustRock; May 11, 2019, 03:20 PM.
                                My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Working...
                                X