No announcement yet.

Finnegan's Garage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I found it okay, I knew how the story ended so I didn't find that much suspense in it.

For me there is never enough footage, Drag Week runs about 110 hours so we've seen less than 1% of the week!

How lucky was it that Finn had a spare ECU and it didn't fail for the rest of the event. The gearbox thrash was good. I was thinking like Finn and would have been scared of doing more damage to the box with that 2nd gear run.

Tony, when he first gets behind the wheel
    Tim
    Melbourne Australia

65 Hardtop Impala, 70 GTS Monaro, 93 "80" Landcruiser

Comment

• Having a good understanding of how the transmission works, like Tony showed, is a good thing...I didn't realize until I saw the video, how the gear on the countershaft split and dropped out of the way.

I went up to the tower to talk to Brian after he finished announcing, and I was there when Mike cam up and did the little interview with David. Mike was beat. He looked like a zombie. And they still had to stay up till 6:30 am to get to the hotel back near VMP.

Yeah, those 110 hours are serious hours!
      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

• Originally posted by squirrel View Post
        Having a good understanding of how the transmission works, like Tony showed, is a good thing...I didn't realize until I saw the video, how the gear on the countershaft split and dropped out of the way.

I went up to the tower to talk to Brian after he finished announcing, and I was there when Mike cam up and did the little interview with David. Mike was beat. He looked like a zombie. And they still had to stay up till 6:30 am to get to the hotel back near VMP.

Yeah, those 110 hours are serious hours!
        and that you haven't received a purple heart is a travesty....
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• I'm surprised you haven't got one for carpal tunnel sustained in the line of duty, on the keyboard....

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

• Originally posted by squirrel View Post
            I'm surprised you haven't got one for carpal tunnel sustained in the line of duty, on the keyboard....
            I know, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by FINNEGAN View Post

thanks. I'm looking forward to driving it. I think it's gonna be a lot of fun to go fast in. right now that truck has a 49/50 weight bias. I think when it's all together it'll be close to 50/50.
              Do, these newer Chevy engines still have the bosses for the front motor mounts, that the 50's cars used? instead of using side motor mounts, make a front motor plate and rubber mount the plate ends inside the frames "C" channel then bolt on brackets to "box " The frame area that the plate sits in, to keep it from bending the top of the frame from the torque.
              Just an idea.

The lack of mounts and frame stands on the sides will free up a bunch of room, but It depend if the newer engines have those bosses still and if the rack isn't in the way, The mount would be a low plate and not make the front dress (a/c,alt/etc) a mounting headache as it be below it all, unlike a full on racing motor plate.
              Last edited by Eric; December 25, 2019, 06:56 AM.

Comment

• laughing at the snow stuff, my opinion is blown Prius* when you can see the water misting off the tires of the other vehicles, blown LS unicycle when the road looks wet but there is no misting....

*watch

Comment

• learned a couple things, love watching pros work. maybe next up on Plastic Fantastic, I'll build its hoop....
                  Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; January 6, 2020, 08:19 AM.

Comment

• Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• In that I saw a sweet Suburban parked behind the Ramp Truck at the salt, I wonder how it's days are spent now.
                      Last edited by 65RHDEER; January 13, 2020, 09:42 PM.
                      Tim
                      Melbourne Australia

Comment

• I'm kinda confused.
                        The video ,Mike said the parts were sourced from brothers . They are in cali.
                        AMD and goodmark are in his backyard, and most likelt where Brothers get their stock.
                        So why buy from a place in cali and pay the shipping to cross your country? Is shipping cheap in your country?
                        Or were the parts drop shipped from his backyard.
                        Last edited by Eric; January 14, 2020, 09:23 PM.

Comment

• Finnegan's new show on MTOD, well worth the watch - especially as he scared a race car driver

In other news, I continue to agree with Jeremy Clarkson's comment about why the Stig never spoke.... "race car drivers have nothing to say." But lord can he drive (Pobst)..... which is well illustrated in this show.
                          Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; January 16, 2020, 06:35 PM.

Comment

• Not Sure If I can get/watch mtod here.

Comment

• You can subscribe at a reasonable cost to watch it online.

Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                              HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• One thing I dislike about MT shows, they always rush the end... They hire the track for a length of time and then run out of time probably because of poor planing. So many of the shows are let down by the rush at the end.

I would have liked to see that truck run with the bigger set of lowering blocks removed and the bug in the nitrous system fixed, half an hours work???

I like the new Finn show and think it will do well. Will we see one a week as they say we will, I think they will be working hard to keep up that output.

So the question I have now is who will be the other in Roadkill from now on?
                                Tim
                                Melbourne Australia

Comment

Working...
                                X