No announcement yet.

Finnegan's Garage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sometimes, like in soap operas and TV series, unsolved problems serve as the segway into the next episode. There may be some production influence going on here......
    Did I miss something? The last I saw was that Mike was staying with Roadkill as well as the new show.
    Last edited by oletrux4evr; January 18, 2020, 07:28 AM.
    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Originally posted by 65RHDEER View Post
      One thing I dislike about MT shows, they always rush the end... They hire the track for a length of time and then run out of time probably because of poor planing. So many of the shows are let down by the rush at the end.

I would have liked to see that truck run with the bigger set of lowering blocks removed and the bug in the nitrous system fixed, half an hours work???

I like the new Finn show and think it will do well. Will we see one a week as they say we will, I think they will be working hard to keep up that output.

So the question I have now is who will be the other in Roadkill from now on?
      I agree - I like the cheapness, I like the concept, but I don't like the roadkill-ish-ness that they're in a huge hurry.... with just a little bit more time that truck could have done a lot better.
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

I agree - I like the cheapness, I like the concept, but I don't like the roadkill-ish-ness that they're in a huge hurry.... with just a little bit more time that truck could have done a lot better.
        Isn't The theme of theirs, Don't let perfect get in the way of done.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric View Post

Isn't The theme of theirs, Don't let perfect get in the way of done.
          another 24 hours and that truck would have been far more impressive.

Comment

another 24 hours and that truck would have been far more impressive.
            I haven't seen it ,so I'll take your word for it.

Comment

Finnegan's new show on MTOD, well worth the watch - especially as he scared a race car driver

In other news, I continue to agree with Jeremy Clarkson's comment about why the Stig never spoke.... "race car drivers have nothing to say." But lord can he drive (Pobst)..... which is well illustrated in this show.
              Not only is Randy extremely skilled but he also isn't scared one bit.

Comment

• Originally posted by 65RHDEER View Post
                One thing I dislike about MT shows, they always rush the end... They hire the track for a length of time and then run out of time probably because of poor planing. So many of the shows are let down by the rush at the end.

I would have liked to see that truck run with the bigger set of lowering blocks removed and the bug in the nitrous system fixed, half an hours work???

I like the new Finn show and think it will do well. Will we see one a week as they say we will, I think they will be working hard to keep up that output.

So the question I have now is who will be the other in Roadkill from now on?
                The rushing isn't by design or done on purpose. We attempted to perform a ton of work in a short amount of time leaving zero time to test it before race day. The decision to only have the track for a limited amount of time is done purely for budgetary reasons. Yes, I would have loved to have even 1 more hour to wrench on the truck or another day to track test it and the results would have been dramatically different. There simply wasn't time or money to do so.

A day at the track goes by rather quickly. By the time the crew assembles on site, rigs the camera gear, films "beauty shots" of the vehicles etc...its about lunch time. Then the cameras are mounted to the cars and the crew spreads out across the track. If there's even a small vehicle break-down or camera malfunction the next thing you know its 5pm and the track manager is ready to go home or charge you for another day.

It certainly affects the quality of the show but it's something that simply comes with territory.

Comment

• Originally posted by FINNEGAN View Post

Not only is Randy extremely skilled but he also isn't scared one bit.
                  I'd like a second opinion on that, I suspect that poo came out of Mr. Pobst when he was your passenger... after all, there was that lawn incident.... good TV, though.
                  Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; January 19, 2020, 11:00 PM. Reason: not sure why I think Pabst blue ribbon, but it got me this time.....

Comment

• I gave it a watch last night . V8 S10s are a weakness of mine and I've been trying to finish my forth one up for the last three years but life keeps getting in the way . I was quite surprised at how well it handled at speed . Even what you started with . I figured it'd be a tail happy beast but it actually seemed to handle .
                    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• Another Wednesday, another "Faster with Finnegan" I like it

The Dragular is out this week.
                      Tim
                      Melbourne Australia

65 Hardtop Impala, 70 GTS Monaro, 93 "80" Landcruiser

Comment

• All this means is like roadkill, fin's garage youtube will slowly die off.

Comment

• busy boy.... a Finnegan's garage

wonder when his energy drink is going to come out

Comment

• Originally posted by FINNEGAN View Post

The rushing isn't by design or done on purpose. We attempted to perform a ton of work in a short amount of time leaving zero time to test it before race day. The decision to only have the track for a limited amount of time is done purely for budgetary reasons. Yes, I would have loved to have even 1 more hour to wrench on the truck or another day to track test it and the results would have been dramatically different. There simply wasn't time or money to do so.

A day at the track goes by rather quickly. By the time the crew assembles on site, rigs the camera gear, films "beauty shots" of the vehicles etc...its about lunch time. Then the cameras are mounted to the cars and the crew spreads out across the track. If there's even a small vehicle break-down or camera malfunction the next thing you know its 5pm and the track manager is ready to go home or charge you for another day.

It certainly affects the quality of the show but it's something that simply comes with territory.
                            Sounds like the tail wagging the dog, or the photographer telling the bride to she can't go to the reception. Film crew should get a time budget, tell them they get two hours then track is hot! Take pictures of what is left after the race is over.

Enjoyed the show, looking forward to the next one.
                            http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                            1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                            ​​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell View Post

Sounds like the tail wagging the dog, or the photographer telling the bride to she can't go to the reception. Film crew should get a time budget, tell them they get two hours then track is hot! Take pictures of what is left after the race is over.

Enjoyed the show, looking forward to the next one.
                              meh, a good driver could handle it without getting into lawn care.

Comment

• so that's how the pros do it... we got a gift too.... I had a V8 S10 Blazer whose headliner was held up by thumb tacks... which is good, except it was a 4x4 so occasionally I'd land hard enough to pop the pins out.... let me tell you, sitting on those things was attention grabbing
                                Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; February 12, 2020, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X