No announcement yet.

Finnegan's Garage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We had a 82 caprice that got that bad . We used straight pins with those round plastic heads pushed in diagonally, ( almost sideways ) . Man I have been missing that car here lately .
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• I suspect the price of ramp trucks is going to increase due to the market cornering antics of FG.... ah well, ramp truck ownership was only a pipe dream for me.

Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• I feel bad(ish) for Finnegan - but seriously, if the coolant is leaking out of the head I can only imagine the thought process is "Hoovie has nothing on me".
        And with that said, as one who suffers in silence about how 'terrible' the 6.2 and 6.5 Detroit diesel is.... remind me again, what is so awesome about a Cummins? for all the Cummins lovers - now would be a wonderful time to practice your right to STFU. That was a stock motor that squeezed out its headgasket... stock, 30k mile motor...

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
          And with that said, as one who suffers in silence about how 'terrible' the 6.2 and 6.5 Detroit diesel is.... remind me again, what is so awesome about a Cummins?
          I saw video footage of the Cummins maintaining a proper Interstate speed without having to be at the top of it's rev range.

Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

• Originally posted by BangShift McT View Post

I saw video footage of the Cummins maintaining a proper Interstate speed without having to be at the top of it's rev range.
            funny thing, the Detroit diesel does it as well - best part about it is it sounds awesome too. I watched their last Finnegan v. Cleetus (who noticed that the same guys who built the motor for Finn also built a motor for Texas speed?) - they blew the stock motor up, then Finn goes on about how Tony blew up the v2.0 .... umm, I didn't see Tony anywhere when they blew this truck up.... HOWEVER... my issue isn't them blowing motors up (after all, does anyone even blog Camrys?), it's a shot across the bow that the next cummins fanboy that dares breath a mumblin' word about my Detroit motors. There will be more coolant leaking from their heads then on a 5.7.
            Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; February 20, 2020, 08:35 PM.

Comment

• What he said ! I couldn't believe a 30,000 mile 5.9 Cummins could do that ! I like the brand and think they sound great . And they are Indians based !
              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• My guess is it's an age thing not miles. Dan just had the head gasket replaced in Truck 02 model 270k miles.
                http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                ​​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
                  What he said ! I couldn't believe a 30,000 mile 5.9 Cummins could do that ! I like the brand and think they sound great . And they are Indians based !
                  Do they come with fancy headdress?

Comment

• Why yes , of course. That's the official state hat .
                    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• Maybe they had some equivalent of Dexcool kn ot.
                      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Is he starting a towing company?
                            2 or is it 3 ramp trucks. and Now a toter
                            Last edited by Eric; March 11, 2020, 12:00 AM.

Comment

• Maybe as car shipping service . Or maybe lease them out .
                              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• Sorry you lost Bella, Mike. Glad the lake test went so well.
                                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                                HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
                                X