No announcement yet.

Finnegan's Garage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow ! I've created a monster , just because I was jealous of another kid's toys. There are lots of things in life that I can't relate too but somewhat enjoy watching . So I think I'll just watch and keep my mouth shut ..... for a change

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy

WHATAREYOUTALKINGABOUTIDON'TTAKETHISTOOSERIOUSLY!! !!!!

sheesh, some people and their van down by the river.
      It was not a van by the river, it was a shop by a racetrack thankyouverymuch!
      I'm probably wrong

Comment

• Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
        Would you be doing ramp truck burnouts if you couldn't put them on You Tube? Maybe so, but would you attack them with the same fervor?
        Dude, I have done burnouts in every single car I have owned except the Jetta we just got (or at least tried to in a couple of cases). That will be taken care of in the not too distant future probably. If by doing a big smokey burnout with it meant I would probably get enough in revenue to cover any tires or repairs and then some? I'll melt those suckers to the rim. Are you going to stand there and tell me you wouldn't?

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
        ...shouldn't a little bit of effort be put into educating them about the pride and skill the majority put into the hobby/sport as well?
        How does it not do this already, and why should that be a requirement for something that appeals to people outside of our hobby? Isn't it enough that they are growing our hobby and bringing people into it while being genuinely entertaining and true to themselves?

If you don't like what they're doing and think you could do it better, step up and take your shot. I'll cheer you on as best I can.
        Last edited by tedly; September 29, 2020, 05:43 PM.
        I'm probably wrong

Comment

• Well, I have hope for the new Firebird. I will have to wait to see how it uh, caught fire because I don't subscribe. I have hopes they will build Poncho power for it. Maybe cast off Pro Stock pieces?
          My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

those must have been some pharmaceuticals.
            If only that were the case... That winter sucked. I'd say I would have preferred a van, but that wouldn't have a toilet in it.
            I'm probably wrong

Comment

• I like that generally Mike fixes things the right way . Don't get me wrong iI like road kill and road kill garage as well . Sometimes you just need to get 8t going .
              ...or keep it going for a little longer . I will miss the blown ramp truck though . I've thought of getting rid of the suburban and doing a big block C50 for hauling a boat . I realize they have been past needing it a few trucks ago though . Still have the truck you went out west for ? The one that milkshaked .
              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

there's such a good illustration on Roadkill Garage's latest vid. The bent Roadrunner that Finnegan and Freiburger saved is back, last time they used an $800 body to make a complete car (kudos). This time they fix a bunch of stuff - but notice, the roof was bare as was the interior and rust is taking a solid hold on it (crap). It's a shame, they saved it only to have it die again from neglect. If only they knew a guy who could throw a bit of sealer on the car to keep it from rusting in half.
                I heard about a fella named .............. Dulcich

Comment

• Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
                  O.K. I'm a grumpy old fogey but from time to time I think ALL the You Tubers need to stop and think "Would I be doing THIS THAT WAY if I wasn't making a You Tube Video of it?". There is never any shortage of interesting fun things to do with cars. Maybe all shouldn't involve symbolic clown make up. Would you be doing ramp truck burnouts if you couldn't put them on You Tube? Maybe so, but would you attack them with the same fervor? Would you have built a Drag Week car? Probably, or at least that type of ride. But would it have turned into Blasphemi?

The highest praise I can give Roadkill is I've met You Tubers that watch it, subscribe and have no background or experiences with hot rodding whatsoever. They just like the show. But, shouldn't a little bit of effort be put into educating them about the pride and skill the majority put into the hobby/sport as well?
                  I've been fortunate to carve out a living doing things I actually want to do with cars. I was racing overpowered jet boats, doing burnouts, building questionably safe vehicles and having fun long before a camera was pointed at me. With every episode I'm answering one simple question in my head; what happens if I....?" So to answer your question...Yes. . I'd still be doing the same stuff if it wasn't on YouTube, I'd just get it done quicker because I wouldn't be filming myself and then sitting up all night editing the video.

Drag Week was a personal goal for me. I did it twice before MT decided to film it. I've wanted a ramp truck long before Roadkill ever came into the picture. Every car I've ever owned was tested via burnout. The stuff you see built in my garage on my YouTube show is not the same rushed, hacked together stuff that appears on RK or FWF and this is solely because there's no deadline unless I give it one.

Comment

there's such a good illustration on Roadkill Garage's latest vid. The bent Roadrunner that Finnegan and Freiburger saved is back, last time they used an $800 body to make a complete car (kudos). This time they fix a bunch of stuff - but notice, the roof was bare as was the interior and rust is taking a solid hold on it (crap). It's a shame, they saved it only to have it die again from neglect. If only they knew a guy who could throw a bit of sealer on the car to keep it from rusting in half.
                    I'm sad that they took apart the C-body. Now it looks like a lot of other Mopars out there.

Comment

• Sad that Rescued Roadrunner became General Mischief. Now on to wonder if Disgustang will ever get paint and Motor Wheel Magnums.
                      My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

• Originally posted by FINNEGAN View Post

I've been fortunate to carve out a living doing things I actually want to do with cars. I was racing overpowered jet boats, doing burnouts, building questionably safe vehicles and having fun long before a camera was pointed at me. With every episode I'm answering one simple question in my head; what happens if I....?" So to answer your question...Yes. . I'd still be doing the same stuff if it wasn't on YouTube, I'd just get it done quicker because I wouldn't be filming myself and then sitting up all night editing the video.

Drag Week was a personal goal for me. I did it twice before MT decided to film it. I've wanted a ramp truck long before Roadkill ever came into the picture. Every car I've ever owned was tested via burnout. The stuff you see built in my garage on my YouTube show is not the same rushed, hacked together stuff that appears on RK or FWF and this is solely because there's no deadline unless I give it one.
                        Keep doing what you”re doing and thanks for letting us tag along.
                        I'm probably wrong

Comment

• That sugar has a bit of arsenic in it.

Comment

• FNG...yeah right. I'm back Bitches. Facebook bites so I'm back to the OG.

Comment

WB son!
                              A bit quiet here. Hmmmm.

Comment

• Mom and Dad drove a '57, I took my driver's test in a late '60s. Got a big old place in my heart for these.

The weight will help at 200.

Comment

Working...
                                X