No announcement yet.

Finnegan's Garage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kinda surprised they didn't reinforce anything before removing the floor....I guess the firewall and trunk front bracing kept it square and parallel.
    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• I took a bit of interest in in what happened at the Freedom Factory over the weekend and watched a few Youtube peoples reports since then.

Does anyone know the reason why Finnegan wasn't a starter next to Freiburger for the race?

I read something but I'm not putting it here as I read it on the internet!
      Tim
      Melbourne Australia

65 Hardtop Impala, 70 GTS Monaro, 93 "80" Landcruiser

Comment

• Two guys on the opposites of the country separated by Covid...I wouldn't read too much into too much.

Comment

• I rant, occasionally, about how one MTOD guy seems to be getting his ideas from my builds (which is HIGHLY unlikely).... that said, they really need to stop following me or at least read the entire threads...
          Finnegan - that locking ring on the distributor.... yeah, it sucks... sucks even worse if it can loosen later (which I dunno if you've had happen or not...)...

I still have a oil leak that requires pulling the pan to fix... I haven't because I'm scared what I'll find... there wasn't 'much' metal in the filter, but my warm, idle oil pressure is low (20 psi) and that is not a good sign... ah well, I have all winter to rebuild it
          Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; November 23, 2020, 02:03 PM.
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• this belongs here...

Comment

• Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• I'll give it a thumbs up also those wheels tucked into the quarters looks great.
                  Last edited by 65RHDEER; November 28, 2020, 05:09 PM.
                  Tim
                  Melbourne Australia

Comment

• Those original wheels were cool , oh well . We had a guy in the ECTA that got a cad up to I think 204 at the Ohio Mile . Seems like it was a 73 . I remember his first name was Sean . To me it seems a shame if your going to cut the whole bottom out and pitch the frame to start with such a nice car but ......it is Mike's car . I also wonder if a new car was needed because that hemi was just to expensive to keep together . And yeah , I know the last time wasn't the engines fault .
                    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

• I was bummed that they cut up something soooo clean. At the same time, rust work before you get to the things you want to do flat sucks.

Comment

• I always wondered how to infuse a Christmas tree with a delightful hint of tire smoke... now we know

Comment

• Originally posted by StillBobHolmes View Post
                          I was bummed that they cut up something soooo clean. At the same time, rust work before you get to the things you want to do flat sucks.
                          yet it's neither rare nor special. Right now, in my local FB marketplace are two - a 63 and a 65 Cadillac 2 door HT cars for less than 5k ea... and they're not selling... just sitting. Remember Finnegan got this car after it had been sitting 20 years... and if he didn't buy it, it'd still likely be sitting.... to be honest, I think, often, people are complaining more that someone else got a rust free car to modify than they are about preserving for a generation yet to come.... most people couldn't care less about the future kids.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

yet it's neither rare nor special. Right now, in my local FB marketplace are two - a 63 and a 65 Cadillac 2 door HT cars for less than 5k ea... and they're not selling... just sitting. Remember Finnegan got this car after it had been sitting 20 years... and if he didn't buy it, it'd still likely be sitting.... to be honest, I think, often, people are complaining more that someone else got a rust free car to modify than they are about preserving for a generation yet to come.... most people couldn't care less about the future kids.
                            Same thing here, my 65 impala has no real interest in it from the people apart from it's a nice big American car. The Impala was double the price of an EH Holden Premier when new.
                            Since Covid the Classic market has boomed in Australia and any old Holden has gone up in value buy say 30%, not the Chev still going for about 20k, same as about 20 years ago...

That was a great Finn's Garage, had a few laughs
                            Last edited by 65RHDEER; December 4, 2020, 05:36 PM.
                            Tim
                            Melbourne Australia

Comment

• Did 12 volt get beat by a girl? watch and see!

Comment

• Hatervision

Comment

Working...
                                X