Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre-order your Ridetech Street Grip Suspension for 58-64 Impala and 55-57 Chevy today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-order your Ridetech Street Grip Suspension for 58-64 Impala and 55-57 Chevy today

Today's discerning hotrodder wants to enjoy driving their older musclecar as much as they enjoy driving their new Camaro. You want ride quality. You want handling performance. You DO NOT want to spend weeks or thousands of dollars to accomplish this.
    RideTech feels the same way! That is why the StreetGrip suspension system was created.

The virtues of a quality RideTech suspension system have been well-documented on highways and race tracks all over the world. Now, we have combined this history of product quality and racing success into the intelligent hotrodders efficient suspension system...the RideTech StreetGrip!

We have now finished the development of 3 new Street Grip Suspension Kits for the 68-74 Chevy Nova, 58-64 Impala, and 55-57 Chevy. The 68-74 Nova kits are shipping now where as the Impala and Tri-Five kits will be ready to ship at the end of this month (May). If you pre-order you kit you will receive the bushing removal/installation tool.

If anyone has any questions feel free to let me know.
    CHECK US OUT AT:
    www.ridetech.com

How well do these setup work/hold up in drag racing? I assume a little on the tight side, particularly on the front. Do the composite rear leaf springs hold up? I read 50lbs less weight and less axle wrap and think that's a pretty good thing, but at the same time wouldn't want them breaking by using them in un-intended ways!
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

And the job link at the top of the website doesn't go anywhere
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

How about you guys send me a suspension for the 65 GTO to test... for science?

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
          How well do these setup work/hold up in drag racing? I assume a little on the tight side, particularly on the front. Do the composite rear leaf springs hold up? I read 50lbs less weight and less axle wrap and think that's a pretty good thing, but at the same time wouldn't want them breaking by using them in un-intended ways!

You can use this suspension drag racing without issue. Those composite leaf springs are very strong. I have seen it twisted 180* without it splintering or deforming. So saying that they are strong would be an understatement.
          CHECK US OUT AT:
          www.ridetech.com

Comment

Originally posted by Thumpin455 View Post
            How about you guys send me a suspension for the 65 GTO to test... for science?

Well I would love to.......................but unfortunately we tested the science before we released it.
            CHECK US OUT AT:
            www.ridetech.com

Comment

You can never have too much science.

Comment

That is true
                CHECK US OUT AT:
                www.ridetech.com

Comment

He can test it on the Mackinac Bridge for you too -
                  Phil / Omaha

Comment

Winter testing! I can do winter testing too! The OE's do it up here, always seeing black bra wearing preproduction models driving in blizzards here. The ZR1 a few years back was one of the more interesting, and the pack of Hemi Challengers and Chargers with huge black boxes bolted to the passenger side dash.

We have very scenic twisty roads up here, think of the promotional videos of a corner carving 65 GTO ripping through the fall colors hanging over a twisty two lane road in the upper peninsula...

you know you want to....

Comment

The kit for the 58-64 Chevys...
                      The 58 uses a unique one year only wish bone upper arm, not one arm and a panhard bar like the 59-64 cars do.
                      So is there a separate 58 only kit?
                      Last edited by Spaceman Spiff; May 9, 2016, 03:40 AM.
                      58 Plymouth Sport Suburban. 526 cubic inches of angry wedge! Pushbutton shifted 9 passenger killer!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Spaceman Spiff View Post
                        The kit for the 58-64 Chevys...
                        The 58 uses a unique one year only wish bone upper arm, not one arm and a panhard bar like the 59-64 cars do.
                        So is there a separate 58 only kit?

That is correct. However the Street Grip Suspension doesnt touch the upper wish bone or the panhard bar. Everything else from 58-64 is basically the same.
                        CHECK US OUT AT:
                        www.ridetech.com

Comment

Working...
                        X