Here I Go Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here I Go Again

I got attacked by another truck . Tuesday my vette go hit on the way home from work . A lady was 3rd back and got stuck behind someone turning left . I don't doubt she looked in here mirror but being in a suv and me in a low sports car , she didn't see me. Caught me in the drivers door about midway back . Sounds wierd but it put a dent in the door as well as scuffing it pretty good cracked the door jamb pretty good and cracked the quarter panel several ways scraping it up pretty good as well as cracking the rear bumper cover . Heres the fun part . 41 year old unlicensed driver . Yeah you know she just wanted to swap info and pay me latter . So I asked , " Why don't you have a drivers license? " She tells me a few unpaid seat belt tickets . So I'm thinking , if the state of Indiana can't get $50 out of you , how am I going to get the cash to get my car fixed . So the bad part is she seems well known in this area and all her friends keep preasuring me to let her go and their friend has a body show and they will fix my car . I kept thinking a was going to get killed over this . It took the cops 40 minutes to get there . Then seemed bothered that I called for the police to fill out a report . He seemed a lot less concerned the all she had for i.d. Was a zeroxed copy of a Indiana I.D . card . Yeah not ever a zeroxed copy of a drivers license. But keep telling me she has inurance .Got out alive but missed my chance to vote . I'll try to post up some pics . Anyone want guess how many dollars damage ? I haven't gotten any estimates yet . And yes , I have full coverage and uninsured motorest .
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

that sucks.
      Today, I am looking back at my snowchovel starting to hover in the bed of my gmc..

turn back around to a mailbox sideswipe at 65mph.

I swore it spun around in circles like a gryro.
      Being sure no one was chasing me with a mini aircraft gun, I finally stopped at the local church and found I hit nothing.

the breeze of millimeters must have spun it.

snowchovel.
      where'd I get that.
      must be mexico..

Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

No drivers license, but insured? Very doubtful..
        I know of a guy who never had a lic but always had insurance, when he got hit, none of the ins companirs would pay anything to him.. Was not his fault.. Only had no lic.. Had full coverage.. Got nothing for getting hit..
        Bet the ins may not pay..

Comment

I smell a skunk. This kind of behavior can only be bad news in my opinion. Hope you prevail though, good luck.
          Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Dont let her get away with it. Thats a bunch of crap.

Comment

Typical police response a bunch of no good lazy SOB. They are only interested in writing tickets not police work and how is it that people feel they can just break the laws with no license or insurance. This happens more often than you may think. The scam here is buy a 6 month policy, get insurance card then cancel insurance. State police are SUPPOSE to go out and collect the license plate off the car.......think they do, well think again, to busy hiding with radar gun to collect revenue. And police wonder why they don't get respect.
              Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
              The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Future vette hack sorry to hear you were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Sounds like you were on a 4 lane undivided road, I don't like those. In NC if the traffic volume is not to high they have been doing "road diets" restripping for 3 lanes one each way and a two way center left turn lane + bike lanes. When the volume is high. No left signs get hung up because of all the crashes.
                Last edited by Russell; May 8, 2016, 01:24 PM.
                http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                ​​​​​​

Comment

I have thought about buying another vette if it gets totaled , I've thought of finding a good body and swaping my drivetrain and then making a vette cart , then again I have this 91 RS camaro in the drive. It would be pretty cool to lower the body on the slightly lenghtened vette chassis . But thats all getting the cart before the horse . What are you guys guess on estimates .
                  Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dave View Post
                    Typical police response a bunch of no good lazy SOB. They are only interested in writing tickets not police work and how is it that people feel they can just break the laws with no license or insurance. This happens more often than you may think. The scam here is buy a 6 month policy, get insurance card then cancel insurance. State police are SUPPOSE to go out and collect the license plate off the car.......think they do, well think again, to busy hiding with radar gun to collect revenue. And police wonder why they don't get respect.
                    They as a "system" make more, pulling over the car with no insurance and driver with no lic. tac on the tow and impound and most likely auction of vehicle..
                    they are not going to go get plates..

Comment

Dan, I think it was the first time I ever took Red to Ohio, you pointed out to me in person that I had more money in tires than you had in any of your cars. I think that's a good thing when everybody is trying to kill you. You ride as a passenger in a car, it wrecks....you drive a car, somebody randomly runs into you.

I would offer you a ride in Red to anywhere you want to go, anytime, but I don't know if I'd have you drive or ride. Either way, the car gets wrecked, and I'm not superstitious....
                      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

I'm not quite sure what that last paragraph means but what I think your saying is I'm jinked to be in a car wreck every two to three years. Even if I'm not driving . The one in the mustang as a passenger was the worst .
                        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

My dad had an oncoming car cross the line and the was the end of Corvettes for him. Apparently it never occurred to him how easy they crumble.
                          Last edited by G-Motive; June 16, 2016, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Update : I've gotten 2 estimates . One is $7500 the other is 10,000 something
                            All this on a perfectly comfortable and drivable car. That could possibly cost 4000 to 4500 to replace . So now I have to wait for their offer and see what the buy back is .
                            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

the vette is over a quarter century old... it's a collector vehicle... tell the pencil pushers to ante up!
                              Patrick & Tammy
                              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Working...
                              X