PSA, get checked! Colonoscopy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSA, get checked! Colonoscopy

I went for my annual physical last week. Doc asks me when my last colonoscopy was. Ummm, 10 years ago. I wasn't able to leave until I made an appointment. Last time all was good. This time I had 2 polups, a small one and a medium size one. Doc says they looked benign.

The last time the prep involved drinking this gawdawful stuff. This time it was 2 part. Once last night and once early this morning at 5 AM for my 9AM appointment. The mixture wasn't too bad. It was a powered mix that tasted like flat diet Fresca or lemon lime soda. The worst part for me was the fear of accidentally eating something in the office. I've know 2 people in the past with not so good outcomes. One had a base ball size benign tumor and the other had colon and liver cancer.
    Tom
    Overdrive is overrated

I couldn't agree more, two years ago for me and all good. It's not nearly as bad as it was years ago since they completely knock you out so you sleep through the whole thing.
    I cracked up the receptionist when they gave me the pictures they took and I asked "What, no wallet size?"
    Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

They put me under. I started to freak at first even though I've been under 3 other times. All of a sudden everything went black but I could hear everything just fine. Then I realized they had just turned off the lights in the room. Next thing I knew I was awake and it was all over.
      Tom
      Overdrive is overrated

Comment

At my age it's a part of life. The first time (many years ago) they pulled out a polyp or two and none the last time so they told me to come back in 10 years. I think I have a couple of years left. Glad to hear that they have the prep down to something a bit more tolerable - and glad yours was OK, Tom!

Dan

Comment

Me too Dan!
          Tom
          Overdrive is overrated

Comment

they come near my butt, kick to the face.

I pooped in the woods today.
            nature check.
            all good.
            Previously boxer3main
            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by boxer3main View Post
              they come near my butt, kick to the face.

I pooped in the woods today.
              nature check.
              all good.
              Barry, you only have to worry if you feel two hands on your back.
              Tom
              Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Awful. Funny! Awful...

Comment

a BS colonoscopy... sounds a bit redundant.
                  Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

My friend kept putting it off until he was rushed into the operating theater.....a cancerous tumor blocking his gut.
                    He caught an infection no chemo.
                    Started chemo then they had to halve his liver.
                    Another infection, bile escaping nearly died.
                    No chemo possible more cancer on the liver.
                    Opened him up again, couldīnt do a thing, sewed him up.
                    Itīs been three years now since the original op, now he does chemo every two weeks.
                    The cancer is abating.

An endoscopy is important too, they found an anomaly at the entrance to my stomach,
                    on a scale of one to four to it going cancerous Iīm at three.
                    It can be removed by tying the growth off or doing radiotherapy.

Weīre like old cars...more years more repairs.

Comment

Good luck, Malc! We kinda like you here and want you to stay around as long as possible. Besides, who else would maintain the BangShift Spanish bureau?

Dan

Comment

Thanks Dan, ainīt going nowhere ifīn I can help it.

Another big one is Glaucoma, high pressure in the eyes........yup, got that too but eye drops every night have reduced it.
                        If not diagnosed, itīs a simple test, and treated it can lead to optic nerve damage and irreversible blindness.
                        I only have my misses to thank, ex nurse, she knows this stuff and gets me, and the immediate family sorted.

Comment

I prefer to refer to the procedure as a "borescope inspection" I'm having my 50,000 hour borescope inspection next week.

Comment

I was on Chemo for my thyroid, every thing ok now. But during treatment woke up feeling bad and went into the kitchen to sit down. Wife was awake, next I know I am on
                            the floor and she is calling 911. I had a GI bleed it was late last year. Colonoscopy in hospital the next day. New colonoscopy is scheduled for 6/28/16 to double check.

Nick

Comment

Working...
                            X