Reporting in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reporting in

I've been gone for a while. Concentrating on finishing my degree and taking care of the kiddos while mamma works. I'm on the last half of my last quarter to get my electronics and robotics degree and I've been out interviewing for various jobs all week. Low and behold, the most promising opportunity is an engineering technical position that has nothing to do with my degree. They like my experience over the last bunch of years at my previous job. Anyway, long story short, I'm back checking in on things. Everyone still kicking? My Cutlass died, spit out a cam bearing. Read all about it here: http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...q4-swap/page12
    1970 Camaro RS - SOLD | 2000 Camaro SS - Traded in for a Hyundai...
    1966 Ford Thunderbird - SOLD | 1963 MGB, abandoned V8 project, FOR SALE/SCRAP

1978 Cutlass - Post Lay-off daily driver

Sucks to hear about the car but good luck with the new job.

Comment

Checked out your Cutlass and noticed your from Washington, were you located? Good luck on the job hunt. The big flying tube company might be worth a look?

Comment

Originally posted by ratpatrol66 View Post
        Checked out your Cutlass and noticed your from Washington, were you located? Good luck on the job hunt. The big flying tube company might be worth a look?
        I'm in Kirkland currently. I was with big flying tube company for about 6-1/2 years before being laid-off. That's why I went back to school. On their dime too. Currently, they're not actually hiring for many positions due to a new round of big lay-offs (6,000 or more workers being cut). Not sure I really would want to go back either to be honest. Looking for something smaller.
        Last edited by 1970camaroRS; May 11, 2016, 11:49 PM.

Comment

Went to Boeing about 4yrs ago. Not bad but not great? If you have been there you know! Lots of other opportunities up here. Are you planning on going to the GM nationals at Pacific raceways this year? I want to take my beater GTO and be the guy talking about fixing it someday.

Comment

Good to see you back. Bummer about the Cutlass - what are your plans for it? And best of luck on the job front - things are better than they were a couple of years ago.

Oops - Just checked your link. Sounds like the Cutlass has a future. I think it was trying to spit out that Chevy motor - it wants an Olds.

Dan
            Last edited by DanStokes; May 12, 2016, 04:41 AM.

Comment

Good luck with the new job. Too bad for the car.

Comment

Dang, you're miles away ;)
                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                  Dang, you're miles away ;)
                  Yeah, we go to Woodinville at least three times a week for groceries, Red Robbin, Target, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                    Good to see you back. Bummer about the Cutlass - what are your plans for it? And best of luck on the job front - things are better than they were a couple of years ago.

Oops - Just checked your link. Sounds like the Cutlass has a future. I think it was trying to spit out that Chevy motor - it wants an Olds.

Dan
                    No, doesn't want an Olds. Just wants to go faster! Not going to do that with an olds motor...

Comment

Originally posted by ratpatrol66 View Post
                      Went to Boeing about 4yrs ago. Not bad but not great? If you have been there you know! Lots of other opportunities up here. Are you planning on going to the GM nationals at Pacific raceways this year? I want to take my beater GTO and be the guy talking about fixing it someday.
                      No, I'm going to be doing other things with my car that weekend. I run with a "street car" organization that runs no prep and roll racing events on rented facilities. Lots of late-model high HP daily drivers without cages...also, I'm not a fan of sitting around while my car sits still.

Comment

Working...
                      X