Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

May 14. the sun is shining, the sky is blue, and... it's snowing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May 14. the sun is shining, the sky is blue, and... it's snowing.

Yes it has been cold enough up here to have flurries in July, but this year I am out of firewood, don't have most of my stuff set up to heat without it yet, and there is snow falling in small flakes. Can't paint or shoot primer when its 38F in my shop. This year has many of us who live here wondering why we do. I guess its pay back for the mild winter where we only had two weeks below zero.

Canada can keep this weather, stop exporting it down here eh.

the wrong side of the bulkhead does amazing things.

looks like we'll hit high 30s from the same air mass come sunday night.

I spotted the last flakes a few days ago here...and then got real warm.
    I am like the hardwood trees. One day in the spring sun, and I am the 20000 year old dark melanin eskimo.

unlike my hairless sunshine neighbor named gene.
    he is the reason sunglasses exist...
    the reason emoticons are yellow, with question marks for a wig.
    Last edited by Barry Donovan; May 14, 2016, 09:36 AM.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Been reduced to burning pallet chunks... Now the pallet supply dried up.. Yep, got a fire in the stove today.. Was almost 90 yesterday.. 25* drop

Comment

Roasty-toasty here in coastal NC. It gets REAL different up in the mountains. I'll take warm every time.

Dan

Comment

I lived in the south for 5 years, can't say I enjoyed it other than the month of March. Even then the drivers are terrible, and life without AC means butt sweat. Why can't there be a place with a drag strip, cheap land, lots of trees, few people, no bugs, and always 87F?

Comment

I think that's called Hawaii. The down side is the Paradise Tax - everything has to be imported and costs a ton of $$.

Dan

Comment

We in Nebraska are experiencing a cool spring this year. That Canadian cold wind keeps blowing from the north. We have only day above 80* so far this year. It is the natural of things. Weather comes in cycles. Years of rain, years of drought. Years of heat and years of cooler temps.
              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Already have 8 days over 80*.. normally 2-4 days near the end of the month.. One day did not quite hit 90*.
                Weird stuff..
                Now it s raining and 52*
                Last edited by Deaf Bob; May 15, 2016, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Snowed here too. Blink and you would have missed it, but it happened. This sucks.
                  I'm probably wrong

Comment

Its been cool and wet down here . Grass is growing like crazy.
                    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Grass is growing here too,and it snows now and then..no wonder i still havent got a lowered square body fleetside ;)

Comment

Last year in Nebraska I painted the 68 outside in a T shirt middle of January, this year I can't get warm enough weather mid May to shoot epoxy primer so I can get the 65 done. It is usually a bit warmer here than it has been but I don't expect 80s. 60 to 65 would be wonderful, but no it takes all day to hit 50.

Comment

May 14th wouldve been my wedding anniversery. Julian and I stayed in and played video games for most of the day.

Comment

Three years ago yesterday I kicked the ex out. Best thing I ever did. Not getting another one of those, I'll stick to cars.

Comment

Sitting here hurting... Someone knocks, I get dressed.. Former neighbor that my daughter used to visit.. Cleaning up, selling the house
                              Hauled some fencing, hot water heater and gave me a 220v 5 hp 30 gallon Campbell Hausfield compressor with "Made in America" all over it.. Got knocked over.. Bent big pulley but works!

Comment

Working...
                              X