I Did Something at Work Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Did Something at Work Today

6:30 this morning ..... It's been an impossible two weeks, but there I am at work again. Yes, this insignificant guy at work pissed me off so bad, over a training issue, I don't mean on the internet forum pissed off, I mean in your face angry. It's been building up. Stress is stress. Yes. I unloaded, I mean redneck, cussed a little bit pissed off, and I wasn't typing on a keyboard, I was pointing my finger at his face, "YOU, by GOD...." The guy might lose his job over this. Again. He got fired once already and the union got him hired back, same guy, same problem. Boy did I ever get pissed OFF at him early early this morning and everybody there knows it, managers included. So now I'm probably the bad guy according to the workforce.

It had an effect at least on me. My boss endorsed my wild behavior, she did a high five with me when I told her about it. But I don't think a high five was in order. Not exactly fitting. I don't like that, I don't like doing that. I won the battle but it remains to be seen who wins the war.

I "love" my job. That is, I'd love to be done with it.

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Did I ever tell you how much I love retirement?

Sorry - I shouldn't rub it in. Still, it sounds like the Boss gets it and is willing to let this one go. But it's always harder to forgive oneself. Next time we're together I'll tell you my story so you'll know that I really DO know where you're coming from. Bob the Shrink helped but it still bugs me in the back of my mind and that was 45 years ago, more or less.

Dan

Comment

if you know you are right, the problem will erase with time on a bigger scale.
      you save everyone with the same headache.

..unless the war was worthless... then the battle is lost too. Then it repeats.
      total sham.. a worthless war.
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

So the dude got fired for something.....freakin' union got him hired back....he does whatever it was again......

And you feel guilty for telling him off? WTF?

If the morons were told they were morons, perhaps at least a few of the morons would realize they are morons and try to better themselves by being less moronic.

You should feel guilty if you had not told him off. At least this way he knows. Maybe nobody ever told him before......it's our moral obligation to tell people they are being stupid, so they can know and alter accordingly.
        Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post
          You should feel guilty if you had not told him off. At least this way he knows. Maybe nobody ever told him before......it's our moral obligation to tell people they are being stupid, so they can know and alter accordingly.
          You're got it nailed Stiney.

But I've got a headache. Although I should feel better after venting .....no, not a vent, a blowout. Big explosion. Everybody was surprised and amazed, I finally did it. I acted worse today at work than I ever have in 40 years.

Friends and enemies welded. Everybody takes sides, like there's not enough going on already.

Comment

RELAX... Have a beverage of choice and play a few riffs to work it out...he'll take care of himself with time... Karma has an odd way of making things right...
            Patrick & Tammy
            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Sorry to hear about you blowing your stack but it happens. I went off on a co-worker Thursday and called him a punk ass bitch, and a whole lot more. Probably making a trip to HR Monday? So my Friday was a lot smoother. Click image for larger version

Name:	Dilbert.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	14.5 KB
ID:	1104136

Comment

Originally posted by ratpatrol66 View Post
                Sorry to hear about you blowing your stack but it happens. [ATTACH=CONFIG]n1104136[/ATTACH]
                Picture a pathological liar, a tall immature kid who is in way over his head, a guy everybody on his own crew already hates because he tells lies 5 times a day, on the job. He tells lies that get his coworkers in heat, nearly every day. They talk about it, they even tell me about it.

And it all rolls downhill when he says, "Nobody ever told me not to do that." That's when he's trying to slough it off as a lack of training issue, which is another lie, and that's when I boil over. Big time. VERY big time. In front of the 3rd man in command of the whole mill. Why do any of us have to put up with anyone like that? AGAIN. I love beating my head against the wall because it feels so good to stop.

Comment

Stop??? I NEVER though of that concept... I'll have to try that at some point....
                  Patrick & Tammy
                  - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Some of you may know who I work for.... if so don't mention it in this thread . I work in a department that has production milling and assembly machines . From the day we are hired we have been told not to by pass guarding and not to stick or hands in machinery . If we do your risking being fired . It some point we have been told you will be fired . But funny thing is this man that is some type of recongised minority has gotten his hand in a pinch point 3 times in 25 years , and now we've all been warned that the NEXT time some one does they will push for them to be fired .........
                    Like if it isn't a minority, a woman , a trained monkey, anything thing but a white guy .No , I'm not a racist. I think everyone should be treated the same . But clearly that's not happening.
                    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Sounds like you are a long term employee, making to much.. and in the paper industry that is shrinking, isn't what they want..
                      And might be pushing as hard as they can to get you to quit.. If you quit, no unemployment bennies for you.. Unlike if they let you go..

Comment

Originally posted by JamesMayberryIII View Post
                        Sounds like you are a long term employee, making to much.. and in the paper industry that is shrinking, isn't what they want..
                        And might be pushing as hard as they can to get you to quit.. If you quit, no unemployment bennies for you.. Unlike if they let you go..
                        You're all over it James. Yeah, you've got it.

Comment

Sorry I even posted.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesMayberryIII View Post
                            Sorry I even posted.
                            Don't be. You are so right. Correct Sir.

EDIT: On target Sir. True. Yes.
                            Last edited by pdub; May 21, 2016, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Shoving out the old and wise to hire the young inexperenced fawkups!
                              See how fast that paper company gets wiped...(pun intended)

Comment

Working...
                              X