Track Announcer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Track Announcer

Went to the Kansas Nationals yesterday, and Brian was busy all day long with commentary, pit interviews, track interviews and Winner's Circle Wally presentations. Did any of you guys watch? Did he make it onto TV?? He was great in person!
    Last edited by oletrux4evr; May 23, 2016, 07:24 AM.
    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

I don't remember seeing him on tv yesterday, but i have seen him on other broadcasts and I would tend to agree....
    Patrick & Tammy
    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Went all 3 days.Brian kicked ass.Racing was great,increase in attendance,facility looked better than it has in years.New owners are at least listening to suggestions.Hope the trend continues.

Comment

We're privileged to have Brian as our track announcer at the ECTA and he is EXCELLENT! We have a small FM station set up so he broadcasts to the spectators and (assuming the have a receiver of some sort) everyone can listen and know what's going on. Brian takes the time to get to know many of the cars and bikes and adds commentary to each run and it makes the whole experience better.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by ksj2 View Post
          Went all 3 days.Brian kicked ass.Racing was great,increase in attendance,facility looked better than it has in years.New owners are at least listening to suggestions.Hope the trend continues.
          I hope that you optimism will hold true about the future of the Topeka track... as I understand the former owners of Cordova Dragway are now the managers of Heartland Park.... They did not take to suggestion too well and according to many, ran it into the ground, losing the World Series of Drag Racing... our biggest event...now we have a track with no national event and needs a new timing system, a total repave, and basically a new lease on life... We can only hope that the new president of the IHRA, Mike Dunn, can bring positive changes to bring back the glory days when Don Garlits ran here...
          Patrick & Tammy
          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Not only is Brian a great announcer, but a great tour guide for the North East as Darlene and I found out a few years ago!

Comment

Been to Cordova a few times.In 07 on DragWeek and again last year on DW.Love that place.HPT has had nothing but operators that fleeced the place at the expense of us local taxpayers.The City Commission decided last November that that would be no more.With the new Owners its all on them.If it fails it falls on them and not my tax dollars.I "have" to be optomistic

Comment

Looks like they are building a motocross track out on the northeast corner........that is a very good sign of things to come!
                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Yep. Used to be a test and tune was just the Friday before a bracket race.This year its been almost every Friday.

Comment

Working...
                  X