X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Random thought thread

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
    Good call on the Cherry Bomb!

We'll need video of the 6-popper blowing through it!

Brian
    x2!
    I'm probably wrong

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY2
      Originally posted by Eagle Kammback
      I hate it when work I can't do is required

Eagle is in the muffler shop now, 2.5" pipe from the manifold back, and a cherrybomb glasspack I told him
      very few of us DONT farm out exhaust work...get over it.
      I don't farm out exhaust work. But then, my exhaust looks like crap and parts of it fell off of other cars to find their way onto mine.

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY2
        Originally posted by tedly
        What the hell did you do to deserve that inhuman fate? Were you Ghengis Khan in a former life or something? :o
        Me and 3 other guys will be running the base camp, setting up and tearing down...if we don't go...it will be up to the 8 female hippy teachers...plus I am trained in first aid CPR and my buddy is an EMT...so....they kind of need us...I volunteer at my kids school a lot..I don't know if I am over compensating for my parents lack of involvement or because I like it...last year was really a good time because my only interaction with the kids is when we cooked and served them...and the other guys were pretty cool....there are more parent volunteeres but they are all hippy lovey dovey tree hugger types and just wander around with the kids all day...no real help at all...
        All those years in the military and you haven't learned the most important rule. Never ever volunteer for nothing. :P
        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Yep, spring is here, grass is green and growing, and needs to be mowed every 4 days or so. Or is it that I'd rather drink beer outside and need something to do at the same time ?
          Phil / Omaha

Comment

Had wind gusts over 100mph two days ago. Lot's of damage through out town. Spent the day yesterday cutting a giant willow tree that came down on my neighbor's house. I made it through OK, but my yards look like an obstacle course.

Comment

Arms today, tear 'em up.

Comment

I am kinda at a loss for decision...
                I have a 1987 subaru, dual range..still a daily driver. I still feel awkward about show stuff. The 25 year mark coming up... I do not want to go to a rice gathering.. I want to go to a real machine gathering. I cannot tell waht the meet coming up is, never been to one. I openly admit I am not a fan of the "new" (post 1990 legacy) subarus :
                this is from my diary.
                subaru meet
                I really have to go to one. A meet coming up soon is at a tuners business, that means builders of subarus. If oem something sucks, I bet they admit it. There is an offroad category, but my sube is not really in it..got invited by a moderator to go there and enter for free, sounds like I could go there and like it.

Two weeks to make the car as a show entry is not quite possible..but to ponder having a 1 in a million automobile as a daily driver, capable of the 213 mile trip..well.. I guess that intrigued an invite. 25 is and was the goal for me to start taking it places..maybe get there sooner. Works in progress are seen all the time at gatherings. I have only been to hot rod meets..and that was a long time ago. Or hung out at winterport dragway, not much ricer, or speedway 95..not much little cars there either. This would be a first for me, and all by myself.

The crowd that mixes hondas and toyotas with subarus keeps me away from it. I know the original subaru?and it aint rice.
                Previously boxer3main
                the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Just go the frikkin' car show.
                  That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

I'm headed out!
                    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Just helped a girl with her car, 86 Eagle Wagon, all I needed was WD40, sticky throttle
                      why is it that when you aren't single, is when you find yourself with women that like you, but when you aren't single, they are nowhere to be found
                      Well, Aubrey moves back to Maine in a week and a half, so I may have myself a back up girl 8)
                      Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Comment

I dunno dude, a girl in a 1986 Eagle wagon may be weirder than the furry chick. :D

Comment

I don't know why it's so much fun to pick on you Eagle, but it is! ;D
                          I'm probably wrong

Comment

What do you do when you go to a car show with a dozen pin stripers having a panel paintin' party for charity? Get the car striped. Duh.
                            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver
                              What do you do when you go to a car show with a dozen pin stripers having a panel paintin' party for charity? Get the car striped. Duh.
                              And then you take pics of it. ;)
                              I R Bob
                              You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                              2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

The fewer old t-shirts I have tied around crank journals, the closer I am to happiness.

Comment

Working...
                                X