Random Thought Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Random thought thread

watching the PT video feed, they just gave Chad the Mic...
    Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Get breaking news and the latest headlines on business, entertainment, politics, world news, tech, sports, videos and much more from AOL

I wonder if common sense prevailed? To give you an idea of of what MSHA classifies as "Serious and Substantial" (S&S), we got 12 S&S citations last year in one day for the parking brakes not set in 12 Ford F-250's, that were turned off, parked on level ground and had wheel chocks set. :
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

MSHA, OSHA and what i deal with, AFOSH....they are all a tiny bit insane about somethings that are so stupid (parking brakes)...and not insane enough on others, like hearing protection, ventilation, eye protection...
        If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY2
          MSHA, OSHA and what i deal with, AFOSH....they are all a tiny bit insane about somethings that are so stupid (parking brakes)...and not insane enough on others, like hearing protection, ventilation, eye protection...
          MSHA goes majorly Ape $h!T over hearing protection, ventilation and eye protection. I'll throw fall protection in there too, all those rightfully so though.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick
            Originally posted by JOES66FURY2
            MSHA goes majorly Ape $h!T over hearing protection, ventilation and eye protection. I'll throw fall protection in there too, all those rightfully so though.
            Maybe MSHA doesnt have their collective heads up their asses....

OSHA and its evil USAF spawn AFOSH does...for example..I drive a fork lift all the time...from warehouse 4K's to big 15K's....but every year I have to recertify...WTF. I have to wear hearing protecction when using a vaccum cleaner...I can repair a jet engine, electrical, hydraulic, oil, fuel system expert,,,but am not allowed to jump start one of our trucks if the battery dies...i have a guy who can drive a 10T Diesel truck becasue he got a license in 1999 in ACC but a guy who had the same training from MAC cant becasue he is in ACC now....
            If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

I met a real 20th Century Fox today, and I ain't talkin about no damn furries this time
              At work today, I notice a girl in some interesting clothing, very disco-esque I thought, but wasn't sure as I don't look up womens disco clothing
              so I start talking to her, I ask her about her shirt, she said it took a while for her to find a vintage shirt that fit her right. She loves rock and disco, but most importantly fast cars, she said she is in negotiations to buy a 98 Z28 with a 6 speed.

You can guess what she told me when I asked for her number though :'(
              Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Comment

Maybe MSHA doesnt have their collective heads up their asses....

OSHA and its evil USAF spawn AFOSH does...for example..I drive a fork lift all the time...from warehouse 4K's to big 15K's....but every year I have to recertify...WTF. I have to wear hearing protecction when using a vaccum cleaner...I can repair a jet engine, electrical, hydraulic, oil, fuel system expert,,,but am not allowed to jump start one of our trucks if the battery dies...i have a guy who can drive a 10T Diesel truck becasue he got a license in 1999 in ACC but a guy who had the same training from MAC cant becasue he is in ACC now....
                if you could remember SAC with tankers, and every other gigantic thinking paranoid fast get up and go..it makes it even sillier.

very very blunt old school, if you were slow at something, GTFO... today it's worshipping femmies in places that should not have them. I was a crew chief that RAN down the taxi way (oh no! not running!)...for dear life dammit. The common sense MAN has to return and it makes real losers and real winners.. the yuppie stuff is for paperwok..reality never matched it exactly. funny..that transition of sac to amc or whatever..made a pussy out of all industry. Even the dates coincide.How does military do that anyway..being all the secret world it is.

I did have a mental break over going from SAC to AMC...just a kid, thrashed around. As if one group never ever knew the other... :lucky for me, I was not alone in my feelings.
                Previously boxer3main
                the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I'm working so much this week. wheel bearing has gotten to the point where I won't drive her, and I don'thave time to do it now, I'm just taking her to the shop, sure, it will cost a lot more, but she'll be back on the road quickly

I'll do the other side myself when I get time off, it doesn't need to be done, but I figured it will be a learning experience

In other news, I was told that I have a high risk of ending up in a mental institution, that makes me feel GREAT
                  Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Comment

Have you ever wondered what's in a name? Take my first name - Theodore. Means gift from God. I've joked for years that I am living proof that God has a sense of humor and will sometimes give gag gifts. I don't remember when I looked this up, but I was pretty young. My middle name? Never even thought about looking it up. Didn't like it. It was the source of constant teasing when I was little. It has been a family name for at least 4 generations, but I never cared for it. I was talking with my Dad earlier tonight and he told me something that has really set me thinking.

A little back story: When I was young, I had a lot of poison in me that I had to get out. I was a destructive little bastard, but not intentionally. I just didn't care. As I grew older and calmed down some, I had developed a liking for plants. Something about caring for them and watching them grow just calmed me and appealed to me. I have had a bunch of house plants and a few years ago, I started growing my own vegetable gardens. Turns out I have a slight talent for it. Plants just seem to do well for me. If you would have told me this 15 - 20 years ago I would have laughed in your face and told you you were nuts. It just didn't appeal to me then.
                    How does this little ramble fit with the name theme?
                    My middle name:

George - (Old English) Farmer.

I'll be damned.
                    I'm probably wrong

Comment

I'll be damned, I'll guess is the meaning of your last name ;D

Comment

I kinda like having to walk by a Big Block Buick on an engine stand to get to my front door.

Comment

Scored a big ass 50 dollar rib roast for 25 bucks...I cut it into 6 individual 1" steaks and a half rack of ribs...made some baked beans, fried potato's and tossed those steaks on the grill...pretty damn tasty...there were 5 of us...so for less than 5.50 a person we had a delicious rib eye dinner....

Comment

Sounds like today's been a good day all around.
                            I'm probably wrong

Comment

Autocross #2...wide open course, two sweep turns, two wide slaloms, one kink in an otherwise huge straightaway. I was well over 120-something, the lone Nissan GT-R was hitting near 150. Didn't bring up the rear of the pack, was on par with a '94 Vette, S_G's '04 WRX and a well prepared and boosted '72 240Z.
                              Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Hell yeah!
                                I'm probably wrong

Comment

Working...
                                X