No announcement yet.

Random Thought Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New oil cap for engine arrived, fresh gasket tight fit, with a usa stamped on top. Looking down just after putting it on…there is the old one sitting on a little air dam. I guess I did not blow it off on the highway. It hung onto the car. Does not to want to leave. Been driving a month with that missing. a rag stuck in the oil fill. I also found a wrench on the engine crossmember. I was looking for that…
    Last edited by Barry Donovan; March 7, 2012, 09:58 AM.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

• Roasted a pork sholder for about 13 hrs yesterday with my own rub, pulled it out and chopped it up. I have not been 100% happy with the sauces I have used in the pst so I researched some different sauces online and found one that was freaking amazing. I am not always fond of vinager based sauces but man was this sauce a-freakin-mazing but I cant leave anything alone so I modified it

...1.5 cups apple cider
      ...1/3 cup Brown Sugar
      ...2 tbls Hot sauce
      ...1 tbls Chili powder
      ...1/2 cup Ketchup
      ...1/2 tspn black pepper
      ...2 tspn Garlic powder

My rub, mix salt, pepper,garlic,chili powder, achote, brown sugar and a touch of ginger.

Cant wait for leftovers tonight!
      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

• Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
        Roasted a pork sholder for about 13 hrs yesterday with my own rub, pulled it out and chopped it up. I have not been 100% happy with the sauces I have used in the pst so I researched some different sauces online and found one that was freaking amazing. I am not always fond of vinager based sauces but man was this sauce a-freakin-mazing but I cant leave anything alone so I modified it

...1.5 cups apple cider
        ...1/3 cup Brown Sugar
        ...2 tbls Hot sauce
        ...1 tbls Chili powder
        ...1/2 cup Ketchup
        ...1/2 tspn black pepper
        ...2 tspn Garlic powder

My rub, mix salt, pepper,garlic,chili powder, achote, brown sugar and a touch of ginger.

Sounds yummy. When I'm not a lazy shit, I make BBQ sauce using my grandfathers recipe. Unfortunately, no store bought stuff is like it. Though, Sweet Baby Rays is pretty tasty.
        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
          Roasted a pork sholder for about 13 hrs yesterday with my own rub, pulled it out and chopped it up. I have not been 100% happy with the sauces I have used in the pst so I researched some different sauces online and found one that was freaking amazing. I am not always fond of vinager based sauces but man was this sauce a-freakin-mazing but I cant leave anything alone so I modified it

...1.5 cups apple cider
          ...1/3 cup Brown Sugar
          ...2 tbls Hot sauce
          ...1 tbls Chili powder
          ...1/2 cup Ketchup
          ...1/2 tspn black pepper
          ...2 tspn Garlic powder

*drooooool* You're evil, man. Evil.
          Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

• After weeks of trying to get the delivery straightened out, I am now relaxing on my couch. Never bought new furniture before, and I gotta say... this couch is pretty damn comfy! Makes the tv look old and crappy though. Guess I'm going to have to get a flat screen. That's the excuse I'm telling myself at least.
            I'm probably wrong

Comment

• Sold my mazda DD yesterday drove my 5.0 to work, who needs good mpg when you got 4k in your pocket!
              http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
              1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
              ​​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                Sounds yummy. When I'm not a lazy shit, I make BBQ sauce using my grandfathers recipe. Unfortunately, no store bought stuff is like it. Though, Sweet Baby Rays is pretty tasty.
                Yeah, I dig Sweet Baby Rays sauces. I rather make my own tho. I have tried a few different recipies but have never been 100% happy with them until I found this one...just the right amount of sweet, tang and heat. My daughter is a wimp when it comes to foods with strong flavors or spice and she was all up in that shit. I was making the sauce and she was stealing pieces of meat and dipping them in the sauce when it was reducing....
                If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

• sweet tang is good.

Oh wait.....
                  That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
                    sweet tang is good.

Oh wait.....
                    Sweet taint? wait...what?

Comment

• Now i want to grill something.... hmmm...

found a 67 chevelle more-door with a 283/PG combo... asking 3k. Think it would be a good DD replacement for my sable?
                      Local person
                      sigpic

Comment

• its friday, why does my attitude suck.
                        Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by nesabo View Post
                          its friday, why does my attitude suck.
                          I know why mine sucks...12hr shifts thru yet another weekend...for no good reason.

Comment

Mine is awesome! Got a big raise this week!
                            I R Bob
                            You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                            2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

• Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
                              Mine is awesome! Got a big raise this week!
                              So where are we celebrating?
                              Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Because instead of cutting loose for the start of Spring Break, I'm stuck on a mandatory fun camping trip for my "Natural History of AZ" class. Joy. Once I'm done picking cholla spines out of my ass (and let's hope that's the ONLY place this time...) I have exactly 12 hours between getting home and Haley showing up, so instead of sleep it's emergency house cleaning.

At least Vegas is planned for shortly after. Yes, there will be another Everclear Slurpee. Or two. Or five.
                                Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Working...
                                X