No announcement yet.

Random Thought Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am thisclose to escaping hell (aka work) for a week and heading to Vegas via AZ. I can't effing wait! Now I just need to get a call saying I got the job and this could be an ah-mazing week.
    Who needs sugar and spice and everything nice? I'm a Southern girl - give me cars, guns and whiskey on ice. ~Mrs. Remy-Z

Comment

• The shittiest day ever can turn into the best day ever when you can push someone you lothe under the proverbial bus...right now there is a LT knee deep in an asshole Master Seargeants ass...Man, I wish I could be a fly on that wall this morning...Not one to tattle, but this was warranted...Karma is a bitch!
      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

• Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
        The shittiest day ever can turn into the best day ever when you can push someone you lothe under the proverbial bus...right now there is a LT knee deep in an asshole Master Seargeants ass...Man, I wish I could be a fly on that wall this morning...Not one to tattle, but this was warranted...Karma is a bitch!
        That's one of those moments where the day is brighter and everything is just great lol
        Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

• I drove my wife to work so I could give her car an oil change and put brakes on it....Would it be wrong to just take it to a Midas and have it done?
          I guess I could return all the stuff I got yesterday.
          Originally posted by TC
          also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

• Originally posted by A/Fuel View Post
            I drove my wife to work so I could give her car an oil change and put brakes on it....Would it be wrong to just take it to a Midas and have it done?
            I guess I could return all the stuff I got yesterday.
            Is there a Hooters nearby - you could wait there while in service.
            Phil / Omaha

Comment

• I've already got it appart, I'm going to suck it up.
              I thought about it though, but I have a feeling picking her up from work after a few beers wouldn't be a good idea for me, lol
              Originally posted by TC

Comment

• Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
                The shittiest day ever can turn into the best day ever when you can push someone you lothe under the proverbial bus...right now there is a LT knee deep in an asshole Master Seargeants ass...Man, I wish I could be a fly on that wall this morning...Not one to tattle, but this was warranted...Karma is a bitch!
                It always seemed backwards to me that someone who (probably) has less than 5 years on the job is able to chew out someone with 15+. But, I guess it works. Sort of.

Comment

• Originally posted by 98ciHemi View Post
                  It always seemed backwards to me that someone who (probably) has less than 5 years on the job is able to chew out someone with 15+. But, I guess it works. Sort of.
                  What is odd, is someone with 15+ years that still doesn't get it....common sence isn't so common anymore.
                  Originally posted by TC

Comment

• todays military is like wall street.
                    no skills. no care. no future. no product..and obsession of the kill order..and who cares about the wrong sex taking over. the height line for the kiddy ride is overruled by a sad story. You don't need to be strong. You just need to be a thief bigger thn the others.

What does this say about our country, our civilization? When no one can trust anyone all social structures are in jeopardy. Mutual trust is the glue of any society. Without it there is only one road remaining: chaos and collapse. The Roman Empire dissolved from within, and so shall we. Because there is no longer any We.
                    a comment at ny times below an article of goldman sachs executive walking away.
                    Last edited by Barry Donovan; March 14, 2012, 06:22 AM.
                    Previously boxer3main
                    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

• The saga of the horrible coworkers continues: I've been on vacation since 3:30pm yesterday, so I set an away email directing people to others in my office. One person text me this morning wanting his *office* work number taken off so his phone doesn't ring. I don't have internet and couldn't change it from my phone/iPad. He had the balls to tell me I can stop by the office before heading to the airport. Now, gas here is $3.80/gallon and work is 15 miles north of my house and the opposite direction of the airport...most decent people wouldn't have suggested it in the first place, but to do so 1) when gas is so f*cking high and 2) it's totally out of my way, well, I'm praying to any deity that'll listen that I get this new job.

/rant
                      Who needs sugar and spice and everything nice? I'm a Southern girl - give me cars, guns and whiskey on ice. ~Mrs. Remy-Z

Comment

• In Maintenance the LT is normally backed by the Chief (really, he works FOR the Chief...being groomed as we say), if a good LT does something it's becasue a good Chief has his back...otherwise an ass chewing by an LT is like having a child tell you youre a stinky poopie head.
                        If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

• Originally posted by A/Fuel View Post
                          What is odd, is someone with 15+ years that still doesn't get it....common sence isn't so common anymore.
                          FACT!

This guy has been in 15 years but out ranks my swing shift lead, he is book smart but his managerial skills are akin to a rabid baboon with the runs...he is everywhere, and has no people skills.... he was trying to strong arm him into doing something compleatly against policy/standard ops...the kind of stuff that gets us in trouble and costs tax payers money...

My swings lead stood his ground...just like I told him...Good man!

Comment

• Huh, on another note...I just looked at the calendar and realized that 18 years ago today I was on a plane bound for basic training. Holy crap does time fly...18 years...damn.

Comment

• Originally posted by catchmeblue70 View Post
                              The saga of the horrible coworkers continues: I've been on vacation since 3:30pm yesterday, so I set an away email directing people to others in my office. One person text me this morning wanting his *office* work number taken off so his phone doesn't ring. I don't have internet and couldn't change it from my phone/iPad. He had the balls to tell me I can stop by the office before heading to the airport. Now, gas here is $3.80/gallon and work is 15 miles north of my house and the opposite direction of the airport...most decent people wouldn't have suggested it in the first place, but to do so 1) when gas is so f*cking high and 2) it's totally out of my way, well, I'm praying to any deity that'll listen that I get this new job.

/rant
                              I feel for ya Haley but I paid $4.43 yesterday...
                              That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

• Today I am celebrating my 30 year anniversary with NBC...
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	100px-1975_NBC_logo.svg[1].png
Views:	1
Size:	642 Bytes
ID:	861022Click image for larger version

Name:	120px-1979_NBC_logo.svg[1].png
Size:	10.1 KB
ID:	861023Click image for larger version

Name:	200px-LogoNBC[1].png
Size:	15.1 KB
ID:	861021Click image for larger version

Name:	200px-NBC_logo_2011[1].png
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	861020
                                Attached Files
                                That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Working...
                                X