Random Thought Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Casper View Post
    P.S. Fruit Loops are on sale at Smiths... you know you loved them as a kid.

You know that saying, "You are what you eat"?. Jus saying.........
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• When you know it's time to sell the monster truck...

Comment

When you know it's time to sell the monster truck...

Or. maybe...just maybe...drop a few pound
        If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

• It's like you know she's the bread winner... fairly common out in these parts.

Comment

• What to do when you realize your brilliant idea was if fact nothing more than the ultimate fail... http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/4568446173.html

Comment

• When your life becomes a jungle the key is to blend in with the natives...

Comment

• What to do when you realize you're simply to stupid to be buying & selling cars....

Comment

• I'm just about at a breaking point with my health issue but what my wife is battling now pales in comparison to what my wife is/will be going thru. Me I now have a degenerative bone issue in my left foot, surgery can't fix it, rehab is pointless and is only going to get worse. I want to stay away from pain meds cause they took me down a dark road years ago and I don't want to be tempted to do it again. That's why I haven't been able to contribute this year like I have in the past with my photos. Doc has recommended I look for another line of work that has me off of my feet, so that means I may not be a mechanic much longer
                  Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

• Originally posted by BOOOGHAR View Post
                    I'm just about at a breaking point with my health issue but what my wife is battling now pales in comparison to what my wife is/will be going thru. Me I now have a degenerative bone issue in my left foot, surgery can't fix it, rehab is pointless and is only going to get worse. I want to stay away from pain meds cause they took me down a dark road years ago and I don't want to be tempted to do it again. That's why I haven't been able to contribute this year like I have in the past with my photos. Doc has recommended I look for another line of work that has me off of my feet, so that means I may not be a mechanic much longer

Last edited by TheSilverBuick; July 17, 2014, 09:57 PM.
                    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• Boooghar, that is crappy news for sure!.. All I can say is do thr changes now.. I put off my hip surgery 7 years to keep driving demo deby.. Needless to say it was stupid.. The thing with degenerative bone issues is it moves onto the next stressed area.. In my case, my knee oposite the hip that was replaced.. Pain meds help.. Too easy to up the amounts you "need" Hang in there, you can ave a good life, just not what you wish for..

Comment

• Attached Files
                        I'm probably wrong

Comment

• Know how you feel Booghar. I'm sitting here learning html while in a sling. My days of doing physical work for a living are pretty much over.
                          I'm probably wrong

Comment

When your life becomes a jungle the key is to blend in with the natives...

That is a quote of the day.

22 days no random thought thread.
                            my time is slowed, a note on a sticky stays in my head for 17 years.
                            "When I finally settle down and get DSL (secure connection) I am going to finally get the veterans administration claim going"

Got this done today...over the internet. Still took 2 hours.
                            As odds have it my sister is a Smsgt in personnel, and is getting my secret pile of orders after my signature. No one gets them without permission. Unusual for a guardsman... but so am I.

There is a section where you check off, one at a time, the things gone wrong. Painfully looking through their 700+ items, I looked back on my own finally complete and realized I had just checked off a stroke that lead to palsy list (I had no clue).

keeping self esteem going, at the time of my national defense service medal, it was still rare. there was a 20+ year gap of a quiet america, I was in training when the tower got hit in 1993.. most do not remember that one. I am an early 90s airman. I also noticed the air force achievement medal was also still young, only having been used for 14 years when I got one. that medal is #19 out of 60 in precedence. I should be more proud.. having a hard time as usual.
                            Now today stuff is thrown around like candy..but time has precedence as well. My pay was 598 a month.. imagine. just 20 years ago.
                            Something I found underneath my filing cabinet.. my honor flight photo from basic. that too was not just handed out. Very large flight of young men, I called cadence and was a guide. I am holding the honor flight ribbon. I learned some years later, the air forces public site for basic training photos will not be sharing mine. Somebody noble among us..the rarity of the sheer amount of airmen and just two drill instructors thumping the ground the way we did.
                            Last edited by Barry Donovan; July 25, 2014, 07:55 PM.
                            Previously boxer3main
                            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

• I see the VA got the new secretary and funds.
                              My sister informed me, more of a reminder, as she has been there all along for 17 years...
                              my time is real, and so is my injuries. The VA should have been step one.

I hope the VA smoothes out.

and politics is not allowed here, but the prior VA secretary is a real american, extremely dynamical large career. He took the blame on personally and resigned.

To me, a leader figure and getting ignored about something that becomes prophetic is the saddest demise in any military. He announced years ago that post war Iraq needed more troops, and it turned out to be true.

Heck my own time was ignoring man hours. Aircraft and post war Iraq... It will never ever be that busy again. I am only one example that disappeared way too young.
                              Last edited by Barry Donovan; July 29, 2014, 03:00 PM.
                              Previously boxer3main
                              the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

• Originally posted by boxer3main View Post
                                I see the VA got the new secretary and funds.
                                My sister informed me, more of a reminder, as she has been there all along for 17 years...
                                my time is real, and so is my injuries. The VA should have been step one.

I hope the VA smoothes out.

and politics is not allowed here, but the prior VA secretary is a real american, extremely dynamical large career. He took the blame on personally and resigned.

To me, a leader figure and getting ignored about something that becomes prophetic is the saddest demise in any military. He announced years ago that post war Iraq needed more troops, and it turned out to be true.

Heck my own time was ignoring man hours. Aircraft and post war Iraq... It will never ever be that busy again. I am only one example that disappeared way too young.
                                I sincerely hope your dealings with the VA have been better than mine. I was medically discharged in 1993 and the VA never seemed interested in me until my 2nd wife got insurance at her job. I've spent the last two years getting away from the VA, just my experiences and dislike for the way they treat me.
                                http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

Working...
                                X