Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 29 years of a weekly column

http://bangordailynews.com/2014/10/1...-for-29-years/

if to speak up in a place that doesn't...
    true to beyond your own word is a good idea.

something older than 29 years..
    The infamous pine tree inn.
    http://bangordailynews.com/2014/10/1...-near-airport/

I was there in the 90s, occasionally. 6 bucks.
    I showed up there once to detox, a very long shower. Keep the other door locked, as the next room over has to share it.

another time, looking out the window for the peculiar banging noise..to the sound of some woman having an orgasm. Way to go colonel.
    Last edited by Barry Donovan; October 10, 2014, 10:41 AM.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

• They call me the breeze

Comment

• Originally posted by Casper View Post
        They call me the breeze
        you keep rollin' down the road?
        http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

• One way or another... http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/4708315402.html

Comment

Comment

• Found something pretty cool recently, MOOCs. Massive Open Online Courses, they're free online college classes, a lot of them can even count towards college credits or certifications. All kinds of stuff from basic elementary mathematics up to art, history, calculus, trig, computer coding... Been digging around in some of the courses and right now I'm brushing up on my basic math, then on to algebra and geometry. Might take a few others as well.
              I'm probably wrong

Comment

• So I got to see a submarine in drydock today. In the strictest definition of the word, it was awesome!
                And then I ate at THE Mystic Pizza.
                Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Comment

• Originally posted by tedly View Post
                  Found something pretty cool recently, MOOCs. Massive Open Online Courses, they're free online college classes, a lot of them can even count towards college credits or certifications. All kinds of stuff from basic elementary mathematics up to art, history, calculus, trig, computer coding... Been digging around in some of the courses and right now I'm brushing up on my basic math, then on to algebra and geometry. Might take a few others as well.
                  accredited?
                  My bridge from military has never been built, that would be interesting stuff to add.

A humbling thought instead..
                  I have not had a heater control in 10 years, moving around wherever ssdi pays for it.
                  Got this digital thermostat right now, even tells me with an indicator when heat is on..
                  the town I am in is very cold, like a mt. washington anomoly..or clayton lake maine.
                  Seems like a vengeance satisfied to be here all these years later, with a giant furnace 100 feet away inaudibly kicking ass.
                  I was in the cold so often, way back when, then on the flightline as a career in bangor maine, third shift, all shifts.. I had traits of an eskimo.

Still thinking of the south, getting older.

I got an update from the V.A. Seems after talking elsewhere, my case is trucking along...and I am not to be surprised if it is an outrageous reply, like "no service connected disability" etc.
                  I got a bad intuition an officer did not do something right exactly.. part of the V.A. job is to pluck low ranks away from this, and get them written right.
                  The way ssdi fell into place in the late 90s, I can only guess the secretive path just falls into play in the right direction today. My ssdi has no definition... and no challenge by anyone.
                  something funny I found, intriguing..
                  these lists for disablity ratings by the V.A.
                  like 10% for a scar, or 10% for part time tinnitus.. I was thinking, if they ever went that detailed on me, I'd be 550% disabled added all together.
                  Last edited by Barry Donovan; October 11, 2014, 10:13 PM.
                  Previously boxer3main

Comment

• Originally posted by boxer3main View Post

accredited?
                    Depends on the course. Some are, some aren't. Here's the one I'm pilfering at the moment.

I'm probably wrong

Comment

• Got another two days off from the new job. Family was suppose to come up and as usual, they did not come up. I did not have anything planned except for that for the two days that i got off this weekend. I already went shopping and did what i had to do last week, i wanted to head to the junkyard but i don't want to deal with the junkyard weekend warriors that come up and buy massive amount of stuff and hold up the line.

I was thinking about heading to the movies later with the old man and see that Denzel movie that just came out, but he prob. won't wake up till the afternoon.
                      "I live for myself and I answer to nobody."

-Steve McQueen

Comment

• Originally posted by Eagle Kammback View Post
                        So I got to see a submarine in drydock today. In the strictest definition of the word, it was awesome! And then I ate at THE Mystic Pizza.
                        Do you know if you are going to workbon subs or surface ship yet?
                        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• yet a fascinating person..
                          on a cold island, off of maine.
                          I had visited islands, and understood. I need the coast of a big continent.. what stays out there is very strong.

http://bangordailynews.com/slideshow...y-of-who-i-am/

my grandpa has missing records, died at 39 with great grandpa. he was in ww2,We learned he went to korea, and no trace of record. He'd be ashely bryans age today.
                          back then someone would have said "what? am I black?"

life is amazing, and much more than luck. I think of mr. bryan as a mainer.. and wonder what he thinks of the clean air after the mills are now gone. The smell of apples ripe, foliage, and the cold wind that carries it.

billionare I assume.. not by money.

“People turn from experiences which are problems in their minds, and they don’t want to focus on that,” he added. “They are trying to live an ordinary, normal life in certain ways, so they suppress those experiences.”
                          he sure was in the military. It is knowing this exists, creates a lightfooted path at times.
                          Last edited by Barry Donovan; October 12, 2014, 11:47 AM.
                          Previously boxer3main

Comment

• I found forums with veterans talking..and noticed a similar trait in all of them, unless they were personnel associated already.
                            not many know how to put the evidence pile together without stuttering..as if a surge of complex chores is upon us. I went ten years making nearly no sense at all..and that is when anger stepped in even further. I should have been defended somewhere by somebody.

I am no longer perturbed at reasoning the suiciders, there is alot of reasons...or the lost and not found.

http://www.theveteransvoice.com/Stod...-Evidence.html

I even wrote my own letters, can still be verified by workers 20 years onward. A bizarre twist in my own path.. cannot talk to my father, nor my grandma (rip). My sister is enlisted in the same unit and would also just make something up...to satisfy an answer.

I actually enlisted to get away from my family..and its not evil if you knew the circumstance. My sister followed me around when she was little, and did the same right into the military.

what happens when the eldest son was the family keeper and gets too sick? the other brain was my mom, and she passed on. There is not much defense, and I learned that from 5 years old onward. To lose my brain may as well be death.

I am only guessing to not stop this V.A. stuff until near 100%. That is the advice anyway.
                            Something that used to be scary.. I confessed ssdi stepped right in, I have no doctor, diagnosis, prognosis or medicine..
                            the only way this happens by law is if death is imminent, within a year.

I guess I showed them...now 16 years later, it is narrowed down to brain and chest pain, and bones that crack from head to toe... walking funny and toothless. which is talking funny, but who cares. A way to sit down and type has been a blessing, the internet, the whole modern routine is very good.

on the same subject come sself medication, I am a tobacco fiend with zero errors in my lungs. Another bizarre factoid. No alcohols, soda pops, drugs or medicines. I have a 500 bottle of aspirin type pills, and end up throwing them away for expiring. I avoid everything but waters...and worship coffee at my own mix level. I am at 2-5 gallons a day. I am assuming it is the filters doing something for the water. I love the heat of it as well.

I just bought one of those butane inserts for my zippo, the same lighter can have two fuels. I am a tobacco pipe guy, and it does something for my stomach. I have only been clued that this means chem warfare in the bowels...and if you were dead and wake up, its a battle for life. The PH is satisfied by the smoke. Agent orange guys are lucky if to get away this easy. I described sarin poisin without being learned what it is...
                            not sure how I can put all the truth together for benefits, staying patient.
                            each subject is disabled on its own...and here I am arguing for any help at all, slammed into every subject.
                            Last edited by Barry Donovan; October 12, 2014, 07:40 PM.
                            Previously boxer3main

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                              Do you know if you are going to workbon subs or surface ship yet?
                              Still not a clue, I should get my orders within the next two months (Please be subs, please be subs, please be subs....)
                              Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eagle Kammback View Post
                                Still not a clue, I should get my orders within the next two months (Please be subs, please be subs, please be subs....)
                                I'd go crazy, as a sub man. I reached out my window the other day with a sawzall blade taped to the end of a mop which was taped to a broom...to gain the 12 feet needed to cut down that one crazy ass sun sucking wall smacking blind making claustrophobic inducing poop and eve smelling branch out of my day.

..with that out of the way...
                                kim jong un is doing well. He makes me curious, as the role to leadership is assumed royal, but he busted butt and proved himself. Iwas reading he broke his feet wearing the crazy boots of his military. I did the same thing...a lot of people do.

I hope he enjoys his 5 foot 9 nature, I live with it as well.
                                Previously boxer3main

Comment

Working...
                                X