Random Thought Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by milner351 View Post
    Stiney - seriously - it's as magnificent of a transformation as putting a new set of tires on a vehicle that sorely needs them - it's made everything better.

I still need to secure the aftermarket "we need more cup holders and storage bins" console to the transmission hump though - it takes curves much flatter than before - but not flat enough to keep the cups from spilling when some asshat is 3mm off the rear bumper when trying to turn into the driveway.
    steal them from the boat...

Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• Is it just me or does anyone else see a resemblance?

Attached Files
      Last edited by 68scott385; October 31, 2014, 10:42 AM.
      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

• I've been saying that Ebola quarantine lady in Maine looks like Typhoid Mary. Every time I see her picture in the news I laugh to myself because the similarities in looks and same disgust for being forcibly quarantined.

PBS's representation of Typhoid Mary

Kaci Hickox

And for reference, I personally hardly think there is a need to quarantine her.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/01/us...ci-hickox.html
        Last edited by TheSilverBuick; October 31, 2014, 11:15 AM.
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• Look what happened to 2 nurses who cared for Duncan... One flew, putting 100's in danger.. What right does she have to infect others with a disease that was not here? Play it safe for the WORLD,quarratine her! Don't we have reasonable expectations not to get given a bad disease? Look at what happened with AIDS...

Comment

• Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
            Look what happened to 2 nurses who cared for Duncan... One flew, putting 100's in danger.. What right does she have to infect others with a disease that was not here? Play it safe for the WORLD,quarratine her! Don't we have reasonable expectations not to get given a bad disease? Look at what happened with AIDS...
            Those two nurses were just under prepared (I still laugh at the lack of personal accountability.....) and the honest risk is really quite low in first world sanitation. The Maine nurse know's quite well what to watch for and has seen the devastation of the disease first hand and I'm sure if she had any inkling she was coming down with a fever or such she'd take the necessary precautions. As it stands, being asymptomatic, it's a pointless quarantine, and that's her, and a lot of other medical folks, point. The problem arises when you have oblivious nurses and general population running around NOT checking themselves for symptoms and worse yet possibly ignoring getting treatment/isolation once the symptoms have started until they can barely stand all the while contaminating huge swaths of stuff.

AIDS is a whole different thing, symptoms not being apparent until you were pretty much walking the plank, often years after contracting it. Ebola isn't communicated until the person is symptomatic, aka fever and vomiting all over the place.

Comment

• Here is an unrelated, random thought.
              Now that I have identified the source of the seemingly random, intermittent beep I was hearing, and rectified the situation, I can get back to playing.

Comment

• a horse is a horse
                Rosie Napravnik made history by becoming the first female jockey to win the $2 million Breeders’ Cup Distaff Friday – then she dropped the real bombshell by revealing she was seven weeks pregnant and would retire after racing again on Saturday.

my mom was pregnant with my brother when she got thrown from a horse.
                I guess my dad beat the horse.

Good call.

one can be pregnant and win with a race horse.
                Previously boxer3main
                the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

• Word gets around somehow i got a 2 car garage and right away, I got people asking me to do stuff on there cars at our place.

NO.

I went thought this back in high school and had nothing but issues, not going to do it again.

I'm your friend cause i got a garage and try to do you a solid cause your mom does not have the space in the garage because of all the junk, meanwhile you show up at all hours of the day and night when you got the urge or need to fix something I know is going to take longer then 20 minutes{bad ball joints upper and lower} then turn around and cause me issues when my folks put their foots down. Then i'm not your friend anymore, I was just a garage slut.

Nope.

"I live for myself and I answer to nobody."

-Steve McQueen

Comment

• snowing and windy. I am right at home.
                    was going to go out and tune the car...
                    I'll pretend to be normal, stay inside for the storm.

Was reading about business people on msn homepage. The mr.Durant of GMs dawn, a guy named Bill Little, born n the 1870s.
                    I wandered off to genealogy, my great grandmothers last name was Little...many siblings...all 1870s births.
                    could not help but notice, bill littles photo looks like wild bill donovan..
                    small world.

I also found a native thread from canada, goes way way back.. a surname "cardinal" 3rd great grandmother.
                    I only lived in colder places than this, according to history.
                    if it were not for my proud ties to american birth and life.. I'd wander right off to the west into canada...north of the great lakes, just west of the finger of hudson bay.

Still waiting on the V.A. stuff..given the facts, I am still jumping in my sleep..it is not only a perfect tour, with 2 medals, and honors, it is war time wounds that did me in. How one can go blind to the final help, the biggest of all...that is also american. As much asshole taking you down, as blessings allow you to live.

the reason to join in the first place.
                    Last edited by Barry Donovan; November 2, 2014, 08:44 AM.
                    Previously boxer3main
                    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

• Why am I currently addicted to pirate rap?
                      Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eagle Kammback View Post
                        Why am I currently addicted to pirate rap?

Cause you ain't gangster and you're in the Navy?

Comment

• I know I'm going to regret this, but what the @#$! is pirate rap?
                          I'm probably wrong

Comment

• Originally posted by tedly View Post
                            I know I'm going to regret this, but what the @#$! is pirate rap?
                            YO HO HO!, Wench on a bench.... Actually damned if I know, never heard it... I'm hearing damn crickets so loud, I'm ready to scream!

Comment

• I'm hearing coyotes so loud they could be in the next room! Holy crap, they were close enough that opening the front door sent them scattering.
                              I'm probably wrong

Comment

• Need an AR with a light built on..900 lumens will light up your target!

Comment

Working...
                                X