No announcement yet.

Random Thought Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Click image for larger version  Name:	1972_chevrolet_corvette-pic-4538961133865640862-1024x768.jpg Views:	1 Size:	82.5 KB ID:	1242354

So Car Gurus, dealer inundated as it is, sent me a Hot Rod ad. Boy is it WEIRD. $24K is not bad for ANY Corvette but boy is the listing strange. The missing clutch pedal pad should be fixed before photos are taken, don't you think?

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used...ting=222951574
    Last edited by RockJustRock; May 8, 2019, 02:30 PM.
    My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

• My life suddenly became very busy and very stressful. Changes are in the works, some of them really cool (at least I think so). I'll update everyone when I have the opportunity. I the meantime, just trying to keep my sanity and fighting the battle to keep from getting assault charges for strangling idiots.
      I'm probably wrong

Comment

• Originally posted by tedly View Post
        My life suddenly became very busy and very stressful. Changes are in the works, some of them really cool (at least I think so). I'll update everyone when I have the opportunity. I the meantime, just trying to keep my sanity and fighting the battle to keep from getting assault charges for strangling idiots.
        Hang in there --- the 12 OZ. Psychiatrist works for me
        Phil / Omaha

Comment

• Why do people say "literally" when they really mean "figuratively" ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Monster View Post
            Why do people say "literally" when they really mean "figuratively" ?
            Not knowing the difference...
            Example:
            They're
            Their
            There

Comment

• For the same reason they say 'no problem' when they mean 'you're welcome'??
              Didn't we have a thread about this not long ago?
              Last edited by oletrux4evr; May 10, 2019, 06:25 PM.
              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
              HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• A Prius is NOT a good getaway car. It got shot up like Bonnie and Clyde.

Comment

• But how fast would it go with the 22 HP V-Twin HF engine? On nitrous?

Comment

• the story of jesse james. I liked the show, his attitude towards metal and results.

he is still going. Did not know we were similar in age.. hes a bit older.

Previously boxer3main
                    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

• watching an interview with eddie hall and brian shaw (strong man contestants and winners)

Asking how Eddie Hall broke the world record of deadlift at more than 1100 pounds:

"I was picking up a car off of my kids on the motorway."

he pretended in his mind to gain the psyche needed.
                      like a mother who did the same.
                      Previously boxer3main
                      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

• Before there was all this high speed roll racing on the interstates there was the Wangan Highway in Tokyo. Japanese car culture is so rich as it gets put into video games and we learn about it. Look up Touge.

https://jalopnik.com/wangan-midnight...ZfKWtiFd7zug_k

Edit, a good article on Touge. I often wonder about how it compares to canyon racing in the U.S.

Touge (峠, tōge) word literally meaning “pass.” It refers to a mountain pass or any of the narrow, winding roads that can be found in and around the mountains of Japan and other geograph…
                        Last edited by RockJustRock; June 8, 2019, 07:36 PM.

Comment

• Patrick & Tammy
                          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Originally posted by tedly View Post
                            My life suddenly became very busy and very stressful. Changes are in the works, some of them really cool (at least I think so). I'll update everyone when I have the opportunity. I the meantime, just trying to keep my sanity and fighting the battle to keep from getting assault charges for strangling idiots.
                            Stress less yet?

Comment

• Stumbled across the Cleveland Power and Performance web page. They're the guys that scrap out late model muscle cars, particularly MoPars, but all other flavors too. First, engines. The bolt everything to a pallet as a run-in stand and include all the goodies.

https://www.clevelandpap.com/product...gine-packages/

Also they sell many other parts. As a chamber of horrors the do a blog of cars not parted out yet.

Click image for larger version  Name:	19-068.jpg Views:	1 Size:	777.2 KB ID:	1245428

Click image for larger version

Name:	19-069-1024x767.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	266.1 KB
ID:	1245429
                              Last edited by RockJustRock; June 10, 2019, 10:05 PM.

Comment

• Project Car guys will enjoy their build photos.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1969-hellcat-reverence-5-768x512.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	106.9 KB
ID:	1245431

Comment

Working...
                                X