Clear All

• Originally posted by Barry Donovan View Post
    Click image for larger version

Name:	kc2500.PNG
Views:	56
Size:	23.1 KB
ID:	1233113

I asked this question once.
    I think I was 2 years old shaving my beard as I stood on the bathroom counter into the mirror, dad shaving his off as well.
    I'm sure you know...
    C: 2 wheel drive
    K: 4 wheel drive

Comment

• Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post

I'm sure you know...
      C: 2 wheel drive
      K: 4 wheel drive
      oh of course.
      I did not give a sarcastic reply to the person who posted it either.

the different model names over the years, a lot of people do not think of the K or C.
      the escalade, etc.. even the older truck names like silverado, cheyenne on and on.

and the 70s.. no one called it by the c/k stuff either that I recall.. it was either 2wd or 4. So obvious with the axles anyway.
      that took hold in 1988. the trim on the doors announced it.
      Last edited by Barry Donovan; February 18, 2019, 08:44 PM.
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

• Happy Birthday Bruab!
        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• From us as well! Happiest of Birthdays and Many, Many More!
          Patrick & Tammy
          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Happy birthday Brian
            Many more

Doubt he sees it but the thought counts....

Comment

• watched this...

then found this poem.
              by canadian who was there, did not make it home

In Flanders fields the poppies blow Between the crosses, row on row, That mark our place; and in the sky The larks, still bravely singing, fly Scarce heard amid the guns below. We are the Dead. Short days ago We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow, Loved and were loved, and now we lie In Flanders fields. Take up our quarrel with the foe: To you from failing hands we throw The torch; be yours to hold it high. If ye break faith with us who die We shall not sleep, though poppies grow In Flanders fields.
              imagine seeing 30000 dead.
              demented bodies and heads
              up close, all hand to hand,
              short shot weapons, knives...how many were still alive.

..and then to write a poem. A poem remembered years later.
              words well spoken. Even the grunt was more educated.

I was watching a fat guy on you tube telling his navy seal story...with big pride, as big as his hips and stumpy legs.
              how far they must have let him run..ridiculous. I almost thought it was a fake story.

he walked into a recruiters office with a broken hand and demanded to be a navy seal.

Just his face alone is enough to start a war with me on the other team.
              What have I become.
              what happens when you hate the bullshit.
              what happens when you realize what you have done.
              Last edited by Barry Donovan; February 24, 2019, 10:31 PM.
              Previously boxer3main

Comment

• watching love stories on you tube.
                I laughed.

my memory is strong lately.
                I have been alone for 22 years..and even before then, it was just young flings being a young man.
                Not sure what I was.. but girls of my dreams were out loud.
                no need to dream.

sword fish, clam sauce and linguini yesterday.
                12 bucks for 3/4 a pound.
                My brain still works. Exotic fish does something to it.. as always.

what if what you dreamed already happened.
                ..and you loved it enough to set it free from a sick military outcome.

I don't feel bad at all.

if it aint broken, don't fix it.
                that has no time at all does it.

time has two directions... the past and the future.
                I think i am confessing my lesson:

don't get caught up in either one.
                Last edited by Barry Donovan; March 3, 2019, 09:12 PM.
                Previously boxer3main

Comment

• the antique guy I subscribed to...

guess it happens more often than I did not realize.

even just one parent in common, it leaves a spot wondering in your mind.
                  no answer, but not empty either.

two parents the same... there is some awkward drama. I hardly get caught up in it... but need to stay careful for the rest of the family.
                  sensitive sometimes.
                  Previously boxer3main

Comment

• Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Got the hardware off my arm today. Hurts like hell, so I might be skipping my usual posts.
                      I'm probably wrong

Comment

• Originally posted by tedly View Post
                        Got the hardware off my arm today. Hurts like hell, so I might be skipping my usual posts.
                        Hang in there!
                        At least it isn't there to predict weather..

Comment

• For the past several days it's been above freezing, and I have taken great pleasure in breaking up the ice on our driveway and shoveling it to the side, one handed of course. It's been therapy, both mentally and physically for me. I'm going to be starting work again soon and I have basically sat on the couch or at my desk for 8 weeks. I'm weak as a baby, got to get some kind of strength and stamina back now that I am capable. That's the physical part.

The mental part is I have been scared shitless of ice, I haven't gone near it unless I absolutely had to. Crowds were downright terrifying with that fixator on as well. All it would take is one person not paying attention and I am in a world of trouble. There was no cast on my arm, just that bar screwed into my bones. I've still got weeks of physical therapy to go and it won't be until September-ish before I know how much I've gotten back. What I have at that point, I have. It's not going to get better. I've done as well as I can while all I could do is sit still and heal, but it really ate at me.

So when I could I went into the garage, got my sledgehammer, picked it straight up, and dropped it on the ice, over and over until the ice broke up Then with a small shovel, I'd scoop the chunks into the yard. Man, did it feel good to do SOMETHING. Could only go a couple minutes the first day, a little longer the next, but I'm whittling away at it and letting all bullshit it brought into my life go with it, piece by piece.

Stupid friggin ice.
                          Last edited by tedly; March 14, 2019, 08:40 PM.
                          I'm probably wrong

Comment

• what if....................

Click image for larger version

Name:	bobrosspsycho.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	1237192

just kidding. i LOVED bob ross. he was the man !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by tedly View Post
                              For the past several days it's been above freezing, and I have taken great pleasure in breaking up the ice on our driveway and shoveling it to the side, one handed of course. It's been therapy, both mentally and physically for me. I'm going to be starting work again soon and I have basically sat on the couch or at my desk for 8 weeks. I'm weak as a baby, got to get some kind of strength and stamina back now that I am capable. That's the physical part.

The mental part is I have been scared shitless of ice, I haven't gone near it unless I absolutely had to. Crowds were downright terrifying with that fixator on as well. All it would take is one person not paying attention and I am in a world of trouble. There was no cast on my arm, just that bar screwed into my bones. I've still got weeks of physical therapy to go and it won't be until September-ish before I know how much I've gotten back. What I have at that point, I have. It's not going to get better. I've done as well as I can while all I could do is sit still and heal, but it really ate at me.

So when I could I went into the garage, got my sledgehammer, picked it straight up, and dropped it on the ice, over and over until the ice broke up Then with a small shovel, I'd scoop the chunks into the yard. Man, did it feel good to do SOMETHING. Could only go a couple minutes the first day, a little longer the next, but I'm whittling away at it and letting all bullshit it brought into my life go with it, piece by piece.

Stupid friggin ice.
                              Mind over matter with pain? Walking is good..but if it is icy and you are tender/fragile. Some kind of support brace while you trundle thru floes and fools...
                              A walking stick to keep them away from getting tripped, giving you breathing room on your tender side?

Comment

• Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post

Mind over matter with pain? Walking is good..but if it is icy and you are tender/fragile. Some kind of support brace while you trundle thru floes and fools...
                                A walking stick to keep them away from getting tripped, giving you breathing room on your tender side?
                                Can't do the mind over matter with the pain. Before, I would start to black out if I pushed to much, or spend the day in agony while trying to play catch up with pain meds and ant-inflamatories. This included being in a car for longer than 30 minutes or so, being on my feet for too long, or trying to do anything at all with my left hand. I've got a brace now that the fixator bar is off, and the psychological difference is huge.

The bones are still healing, too. 10 weeks now, and they still haven't fully grown together. It's high 90's, but that little percent could be disasterous if it didn't heal right. I just started stretching exercises today, and the strict instructions are: ANY pain at the break sites, stop immediately. If I don't, it will do damage.

Stick is a good idea, but I'd only be able to hold it in my good hand, leaving nothing to cover and defend the lame one. I got a long way to go before I can even think about holding something more substantial than a cell phone in my left hand.
                                Last edited by tedly; March 15, 2019, 09:30 AM.
                                I'm probably wrong

Comment

Working...
                                X