No announcement yet.

Random Thought Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you want everyone to agree with everything you say a public forum is a pretty stupid place to say it.
    My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

• Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
      If you want everyone to agree with everything you say a public forum is a pretty stupid place to say it.
      You have contributions that some of us enjoy...
      The nitpicking is getting old in my opinion.... Then he is entitled to his opinion... As are you...
      Thanks for the high road...

Comment

• a 100% match for nephew showed up on the dna map
        dads grandson
        I can't even imagine what his grandmom would be thinking.

I don't need to feel bad about no sons anymore.

I am happy to be defeated doing the right thing
        Click image for larger version  Name:	mikemurphy.JPG Views:	1 Size:	210.3 KB ID:	1245589

spotted this on instagram, it is remembering lt michael murphy
        medal of honor.
        he was just 3 years younger than me.
        he just missed gulf 1. I was 18 for that.

I am the 3000th like

Recognition is good.
        Not going extinct is better.
        being a whole number is convenient.

anyway, murphy is in the giant dna tree as well.
        I know what I come from.
        We all get killed it seems.
        Last edited by Barry Donovan; June 11, 2019, 08:58 PM.
        Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

• my yogi barry-ism

My faith changed and has no real enemies... it goes above them , no matter what hacked up excuse brings a fight.☺️
          Previously boxer3main

Comment

• The kind of morning I hate on here. The same person has the last comment on five recent threads!

Comment

The kind of morning I hate on here. The same person has the last comment on five recent threads!
              Interesting, because the last time I looked, it was you.

Comment

• Why do guys I like have to tear each other down?
                It all looks to be an out of place comma...

Comment

• Originally posted by Monster View Post

Interesting, because the last time I looked, it was you.
                  Yeah, it seems to go that way a few days at a time. Part of my negatorial un-awesomeness, I guess.

Comment

Yeah, it seems to go that way a few days at a time. Part of my negatorial un-awesomeness, I guess.
                    Not really ... when most members visit a board, they usually read each thread with new posts and if they want to make a comment, then that goes to the top. So, it is not uncommon to have quite a few of their last posts at the top. Until the next member comes along at least.

Comment

• "tis OK to "run the board" once in a while, is all just conversation that can be chosen to be read, or not. Me, I usually do just one or two issues at a time but that's how I do it.

Comment

• doing laundry in my building.
                        in a town I lived in when I was a teenager. I disappeared for 25 years.
                        my first public help after being disabled for 20 was this public housing in the middle of nowhere... the town I once lived in the 1980s.

I walk out of the laundry room, and this very old lady said..." wow, you are almost as tall as i am:"
                        peculiar, I am a foot over her head...
                        I got to my room and laughed.

I remembered her saying it when we were kids, my brother and I and our friends.
                        by 13, one was over 200 pounds big shoulders, one was 6 foot 2. and one was 6 foot 4.
                        my freak was hand and arm size , long reach without looking like an orangutan.
                        The adults joked it was the water.

she was very old back then....32 years ago.
                        she remembered who I was. I think she is in her 90s if I am not mistaken.
                        The sad facts to go with it.. all my friends on those bicycles are dead...except for my brother.
                        One made it to 40 something, died a couple years ago.... there was 6 of us. We'd team up for basketball etc.

in fact..the reason that court was built at the little school was us kids on the street too much with our bikes. Not much traffic, but lots of logging trucks
                        still there today with no one playing.
                        Previously boxer3main

Comment

• A buddy from childhood is having a birthday... Found a pic of us taken 50 years ago... FIFTY! I was 15 in that pic...
                          Time sure flew...

Comment

• Seasonal question: Is it warmer in the summer, or in the city?
                            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                            HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Both?!?!?!
                              Patrick & Tammy
                              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                                Seasonal question: Is it warmer in the summer, or in the city?

Comment

Working...
                                X