No announcement yet.

Random Thought Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn it’s nice to be working on my car in my garage. Not a driveway. Not a carport. Not a friends garage. My garage. I can stay warm and dry no matter the weather, I can take my time to do it right, and everything is right where I left it.
    I'm probably wrong

Comment

• The good news is, so far the oil leaks have kept a lot of the bolts and nuts under the Suburban from rusting themselves into each other. Bad news is, that is not the case with the wheel hub bolts. All 3 retaining bolts, the heads just basically disintegrated when I put the impact on them. This is going to be fun.
      I'm probably wrong

Comment

• So, I learned that Coyotes are fairly common around here. I may need more than a knife while walking around at night,

Comment

• They are usually pretty skittish. A stout walking stick is a good idea.

Originally posted by tedly View Post
          Damn it’s nice to be working on my car in my garage. Not a driveway. Not a carport. Not a friends garage. My garage. I can stay warm and dry no matter the weather, I can take my time to do it right, and everything is right where I left it.
          How 'come in my garage my stuff is never where I left it? Or, I mean, where I thought I left it?

Comment

• I found this in the verbiage for an upcoming event at VIR. I'm too experienced and not enough experienced to go and play. That track day is for beginners (0 to 5 weekends on a road course) and for HPDE 3 drivers "certified" to pass in corners, which I am not. I'm loving the description of who they are looking for in the beginner class:

"Please list all experiences you have on a road course in the "Experience" section of your personal profile. While karting and video simulators can assist a driver you need only list real world experience in a car on a road course. Spirited driving on public roads would not need to be listed."
            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

• That hurts, man. Has wrecked my whole opinion of myself...

Comment

• Originally posted by pdub View Post
                I found this in the verbiage for an upcoming event at VIR. I'm too experienced and not enough experienced to go and play. That track day is for beginners (0 to 5 weekends on a road course) and for HPDE 3 drivers "certified" to pass in corners, which I am not. I'm loving the description of who they are looking for in the beginner class:

"Please list all experiences you have on a road course in the "Experience" section of your personal profile. While karting and video simulators can assist a driver you need only list real world experience in a car on a road course. Spirited driving on public roads would not need to be listed."
                just use your resume experience.... like the applicant that wanted a job as legal assistant and listed bullet points of his experience. Which, after a brief search of court records was both true and personal.
                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Rock Concert, 1969:

Click image for larger version

Name:	concert1969.JPG
Views:	110
Size:	145.3 KB
ID:	1308854

Rock Concert, 2021:

Name:	concert2021.JPG
Views:	99
Size:	119.9 KB
ID:	1308855

Bottom Photo: Crush at Houston music festival kills at least eight, injures many (msn.com)

Comment

• if a dna test comes back and tells you that you are norse with a saami native mom do you agree?

I have the most embarrassing false result .
                    I even reported it to fraud.
                    I went 6 weeks analyzing dta trusting it.
                    was not even mine..not even by 5000 years backwards.

the saami native mom result was the final straw.

be wary of the dna mtdna and Y testers. I went though familytreedna.

The test was so wrong.. costing over 500 dollars...
                    I surrounded it with my family of course, and ancient dna.

I am a donovan after all.. its called "bell beaker"

I am in the top ten percent or outright directly related at mytruecancestry:
                    • boscombe bowmen (they are claiming it is men who built stonehenge) top 6% match
                    • clan donnachaidh (I am his brother, donndubhan), mostly scottish brothers.
                    • more than several others..simply ties me into west europe and italy.

I have no norse relatives whatsoever
                    it only made it easy to prove how wrong my test was..assumed to be someone else's spit bottle as of now.

absolute tragedy.
                    There is a genuine norse man out there thinking he is irish...with my spit bottle.

I then went to GED match archaic (ancient).
                    my number 1 is "ballynahatty woman". Ancient irish. I am in the top ten of 740 people that match her.. especially the X gene.
                    A pro guessed it to be 75% chance she is directly my grandma.
                    5200 years old

I only post here as i rambled on about dna and my thoughts in this very thread.
                    I also found, I have many paternal relatives still living.
                    my two grandpas that died at the same time is a small hole in comparison to my overall family size.

I was lost and am found

genuine donovan.

for giggles, this is me reacting to the clony cavan man (cavan area is written by gov as a donovan region on ireland)
                    this guy is 3000 years old.
                    found in a peat bog.
                    I am not the one who said he looks like me.

Click image for larger version  Name:	clony cavan man1w.jpg Views:	0 Size:	256.7 KB ID:	1311867
                    no dna on this guy that I know of.
                    we just look alike and it is funny.

my last post here about my dna adventure..
                    I just want to say
                    have data in more than one place.. you'll find your family.

My familytreedna case is reported to FTC fraud.
                    my case is closing my account...and losing 538 bucks.
                    not a very friendly place..and no family at all.
                    the help desk was terrible...

my signature below, it has been the same for several years here.
                    I think there is something looking after me...after all.
                    Last edited by Barry Donovan; January 8, 2022, 03:50 PM.
                    Previously boxer3main
                    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

• Damn Barry! Could be your twin..
                      joking aside... sucks your dna search went haywire.
                      On my wife’s side, we know her great grandmother came off a reservation in/near Iowa.. Ancestrydna said no indian in her family tree...

Comment

• Get rich quick scheme, bottled water. "Motorcity Tap" Because we still drink from the garden hose.
                        Last edited by Sleeper73; January 19, 2022, 06:59 PM.

Comment

• Must take the rest of the day off because I look like I'm completely dominating this forum....

Comment

• Originally posted by Sleeper73 View Post
                            Must take the rest of the day off because I look like I'm completely dominating this forum....

dominate away.
                            We get bored.
                            Need new blood

Comment

• Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post

dominate away.
                              We get bored.
                              Need new blood
                              Believe it or not I'm actually being trolled by another forum right now.

Name:	Screenshot 2022-01-22 234603.png
Views:	84
Size:	914.1 KB
ID:	1312606

Comment

• And I'm actually old blood I just haven't been around in quite a few years. The drag racing forums just aren't for me anymore so I'm back.

Comment

Working...
                                X