Random Thought Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 68scott385 View Post
    I really hate tearing a factory engine down, measuring the vitals, and finding out the advertised compression ratio is overstated by 1 to 1.5 points.

Example: motor "O" is advertised at 8.5:1, measures 7.6:1. I need to add 2 points to get anywhere with this outdate pig.
    That's what all the turbos are for. Haha. If it was blueprinted deck height and CC on the heads, you'd get the 8.5:1 ... they probably left you plenty of meat for machining! It's not the end of the world, you can cam down for more cylinder pressure and the factory parts will live a lot longer. I get really hung up on this kind of thing... paralyzes me from finishing things. I can't remember who said it here, but it really hit home:

"Don't let the perfect get in the way of the done."
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beagle View Post
      "Don't let the perfect get in the way of the done."
      Perfect is overrated. So many miss out on years of fun waiting for perfect to happen.
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• perfect...meh, I'm shooting for mediocre...
        If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

• Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
          perfect...meh, I'm shooting for mediocre...

Now mediocre I can do!

Comment

• Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
            I am sorry that i missed your post... our thoughts and prayers go out to you!
            Thanks Bullet and Blu. I sure appreciate it! My wife's grandma is so much better off now. There was really no quality of life at all in the last few months of her life. The service for her was very nice,and it didn't rain too bad at the cemetery. My wife and mother-in-law are doing well,but my wife is having a little more trouble than she thought she would. Can't blame her though.

Yesterday my wife and I celebrated 16 years of marriage! I wouldn't change a thing! It has been great.
            sigpic

Allen Karber

Arkadelphia,Arkansas

Comment

• Karb, congrats on 16 years... Be hitting 4-0 this fall...YES SAME GAL! ... A woman that puts up with me is a saint!

Comment

• [QUOTE=... A woman that puts up with me is a saint![/QUOTE]
                I say this all the time Bob.
                Along with there is surely a place in heaven for the wife after putting up with me.
                Phil / Omaha

Comment

• Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                  Karb, congrats on 16 years... Be hitting 4-0 this fall...YES SAME GAL! ... A woman that puts up with me is a saint!
                  Thanks Bob! Congrats to you also! I've had the same woman and the same job for almost 21 years! My wife gets a medal too. 40 is not bad. I went over the hill almost 5 years ago,and I felt exactly the same as the day before.

I've had my truck for 28 years,and my Formula will be 20 years old in September. Last new car I bought!
                  sigpic

Allen Karber

Arkadelphia,Arkansas

Comment

• I read my local online paper as much as bangshift blog.
                    found a woman editor with my last name ( no relation)

The first time I went to London, I wound up in an anarchist demonstration. It was one of those Forrest Gump-like situations that tend to happen to me. I

the quote of the day thread disappeared, this one keeps going.

It felt a lot like being trapped in that bakery, with just a pane of glass — in this case the one to my computer — separating me from a movement I stumbled upon. I didn’t mean to be a part of a fight, but it was oddly exhilarating to be there. I hope one day I will find myself on the front lines of a cause again, and not because I got a hankering for a pastry or because I shared a headline. There’s a lot about which to be mad. A lot about which to opine. No matter your side, it’s good to stretch out your limbs to battle for something. Even if you are just holding a scone.
                    I had an event in england as well, a cockney accent with a bad attitude picked me out of a bunch of us.
                    still do not know what he was saying.
                    I was and am the most veiny misconception at all times.. took me some time to understand that.

kings get treated the same if to walk down the street.
                    Last edited by Barry Donovan; June 1, 2014, 08:03 AM.
                    Previously boxer3main
                    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

• In the past I've had trouble keeping all my vehicles running/operable at one time. Now I have more running motors that I have vehicles. I'm VERY confused now, never had this "conundrum" before.
                      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

• Originally posted by 68scott385 View Post
                        In the past I've had trouble keeping all my vehicles running/operable at one time. Now I have more running motors that I have vehicles. I'm VERY confused now, never had this "conundrum" before.
                        I'm not sure that's a problem... the insurance is a problem. How come I can't just pay one premium, make it the most expensive car, and have them all covered? I can only drive one at a time!
                        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

I'm not sure that's a problem... the insurance is a problem. How come I can't just pay one premium, make it the most expensive car, and have them all covered? I can only drive one at a time!
                          No kidding!! Especially when there is only one licensed driver in the house.

Comment

Originally posted by 68scott385 View Post
                            In the past I've had trouble keeping all my vehicles running/operable at one time. Now I have more running motors that I have vehicles. I'm VERY confused now, never had this "conundrum" before.
                            I've been trying to make that argument for years but it just keeps falling on deaf ears. I want to ask them if I'd get them all fix if they all wrecked each other in my driveway or if I wrecked into my own house, would the car AND the house get fixed? This should in no way be taken as an indicator of the way I think, just the questions that arise from the way the "rules" are enforced. It's just another way to soak all they can from the little guys.
                            http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

• don't even get me started about a teen driver (clean record) and modified vehicles...
                              Patrick & Tammy
                              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
                                No kidding!! Especially when there is only one licensed driver in the house.
                                Dad always had 2-5 viehcles, most were parked because of ins reasons.. He tried to get his license insured as he was a long haul trucker... No dice!

Comment

Working...
                                X