• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 68scott385 View Post

I did it. Now I'm planning a road trip.

I'm probably wrong

Comment

• Originally posted by Beagle View Post
      Can't make up your mind about EFI? What about a Tunnel Ram-u-retor?

It takes one sick, twisted individual to do that. I shudder to think how the wet flow characteristics of a TPI manifold compare to anything that was intended to be wet flow to begin with.
      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

• yep. I am back to torture you tube in the comments
        Attached Files
        Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

• Originally posted by 68scott385 View Post
          [IMG]http://www.bangshift.com/forum/filedata/fetch?id=955606[/ I did it. Now I'm planning a road trip.
          Cool! Remember you wanna hit blue!

Comment

• I have some painting to do at several places. Quite a bit of painting in fact. Sure, I could go get a new sprayer and make my life easy and just be done with it and move on to something else, but that's not my style. I have an old Wagner 505 airless 5 gallon type setup that I bought in the early 90's for painting the house I lived in at the time. It worked great but somewhere along the line my mom loaned it out and the guys who used it did a half ass job of cleaning it and lost the spray tip from the gun. Flash forward to today and it won't work. I've taken the valves out and put them in the ultrasonic along with the spray gun head and fill it up with mineral spirits and let it run on hot for a few cycles and scrape the paint out of places it shouldn't be, run it through a couple more cycles and it looks okay. I put it all back together and it appears to be working. Yay! Just get a tip, right? Wrong. I pop up to Lowes to find out

a) The tips interchange on almost all new airless sprayers. Gracos, Campbell Hausfield, SprayTech and Wagners use the same base guards and tips.
            b) The new tip guards (thing that holds the tips) will NOT fit the pre 2000 Wagner guns, they changed thread diameter
            c) The older Wagner base guards can't use the new tips (diameter difference again)
            d) The old Wagner tips are obsolete, finding them any way other than mail order isn't gonna happen
            e) Changing the gun is a 80-100.00 option, or changing the adapter, base guard, and a few tips is the other 80-100.00 option. The pump is a .33 gpm setup so getting a new sprayer is the WAY over 100.00 option. Maybe an HVLP is in my future.

My random thought is I hate built in obsolescence. I get that they're going to an Industry standard... but how come I always back the wrong pony when it comes to standardizing? LOL - grrrr.
            Last edited by Beagle; July 30, 2014, 07:02 PM.
            Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• You don't Beags.. I got 6 sprayers.. 2 run off a pulse pump, 2 are airless and 2 are standard spray guns.. One of the standards has the well at the bottom popped out.. I think Dad tried to use it at 120# instead of 35-45#... NONE WORK NOW, thus we roller paint derby cars, ofh yeah I also have a 3-4 Gallon pot that sits on the floor with a hose to the potless sprayer.. Dunno if it works, never could prep 3 gal worth of surface yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post

I take no responcibilities on what influence I may have on other people and their car addictions.
                Well luckily, bank accound is a few hundred dollars short of "yes"
                Local person
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by RustyRodder View Post
                  Well luckily, bank accound is a few hundred dollars short of "yes"
                  I currently feel that pain as I am about 400 hundred shot to be able to pull the trigger on this pretty little trick http://tucson.craigslist.org/mcy/4542336469.html
                  If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

• Joe, have you had a bike before?
                    Local person
                    sigpic

Comment

• Keeping myself busy just either taking walks,working out,working on the cars and hanging with family.

I missed doing those things, I don't miss working like a nut.

Working on the 72 yesterday to try and get the gas gauge to work, found a nice crack in the frame in the back where they all break. Going to call around and see who can weld it with something beefier then what i got in the garage.

"I live for myself and I answer to nobody."

-Steve McQueen

Comment

• small dirt bikes and quads and shit...never a street bike...and before the topic comes up.....no, I am not buying a small starter bike...I am 6ft 4 and 260 pounds and am not going to play musical motorcycles.
                        If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

• Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
                          small dirt bikes and quads and shit...never a street bike...and before the topic comes up.....no, I am not buying a small starter bike...I am 6ft 4 and 260 pounds and am not going to play musical motorcycles.
                          No... Used to be 650 cc, 2 cylinders and up.. But the Shadow V45 was topable for me, (750cc) Rode the 750 Virago, had a 920.. Loved my 850 Yamaha Special triple.. The Kawasaki H2 triple is a BEAST, not cruise friendly.. Both of my son's Harleys are bery comfy, but are so low I have problems getting my feet up after a stop.. Loved both Gold Wings and loved the Yamaha Venture.. It is best to have the power and comfort to get away from asshats who play games.. Stopping just makes them stop too.. You don't want to be at full throttle a little above highway speeds! The crotch rockets look fun but every kid that grows in one I talked to say the bikes are hard on wrists, elbows and shoulders, plus I got a big gut!

Comment

• Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                            No... Used to be 650 cc, 2 cylinders and up.. But the Shadow V45 was topable for me, (750cc) Rode the 750 Virago, had a 920.. Loved my 850 Yamaha Special triple.. The Kawasaki H2 triple is a BEAST, not cruise friendly.. Both of my son's Harleys are bery comfy, but are so low I have problems getting my feet up after a stop.. Loved both Gold Wings and loved the Yamaha Venture.. It is best to have the power and comfort to get away from asshats who play games.. Stopping just makes them stop too.. You don't want to be at full throttle a little above highway speeds! The crotch rockets look fun but every kid that grows in one I talked to say the bikes are hard on wrists, elbows and shoulders, plus I got a big gut!
                            The spot bikes look cool but with my back I dont want to be bent over in that position unless I am having sex. I am looking at sport touring or cruisers. I found a 89 FJ1200 for a good price, the bike is cherry and with 130hp on tap could be a boat load of fun. I also found a Wide Glide in my price range but am leaning towards the 1800 VTX simple because I get way more bike for the money. Dual disks, 109CiD, 100hp/100lbft, good looks, reliability, cheaper to fix than any Harley...BUt, again,I could put the money into myFury and Mustang...but I dont think it will be as fun....and frankly...i want to have some fun...

Comment

• You are at the age where you can enjoy a spirited run, old and smart enough to stay out of trouble.. Time enough later for 4 wheels. My kids kid me that I need a Can Am! Lil shits!

Comment

• Originally posted by Runner1972 View Post
                                Keeping myself busy just either taking walks,working out,working on the cars and hanging with family.

I missed doing those things, I don't miss working like a nut.

Working on the 72 yesterday to try and get the gas gauge to work, found a nice crack in the frame in the back where they all break. Going to call around and see who can weld it with something beefier then what i got in the garage.
                                gaining a personal pace, the most work of all gets done nicely.
                                I "relaxed" all the way to rocket science on a ricer... never was in my plans exactly.
                                became leverage for a more american project..

Anyway, I wanted to share my VA experience, as my story is rather outrageous.
                                Got my first letter about gathering evidence if they have to, and I am on a waiting list.
                                I actually chuckled. I would not be surprised if a guru tells me one foot has to go...with a contrast I have no "evidence"

I was saving chunks of teeth that popped out for a couple of years... do not know where those went.
                                maybe shoulda thrown them in the jug with the stainless steel plate my body tried to eat.
                                Last edited by Barry Donovan; July 31, 2014, 10:19 AM.
                                Previously boxer3main
                                the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Working...
                                X