Back to school

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Back to school

I am the same age group as 455 Lemans, and I just received my college diploma in Business/ Human Resources, I hope to be on the other side of the desk someday when the jobs come back. The business portion was a lot of common sense (hard to imagine in todays market) and the HR portion of the course was an eye opener in the evolution of the workplace from my humble beginnings to the demands of today. I have a better understanding of where I am going and what I need to get there even at my ripe old age. (Wisdom and Experience count for something!!)

Comment

Yeah.... Lawyer... thats the ticket... LOL long as your a Business Lawyer....

My degree is from Embry Riddle Aeronautical Univ.... no kidding... and I own a rock company and rebuild Houses

Love the Houses job... seriously... it's been great fun... and I dont' even sell them... I just keep whittling on them and Tonya rents them out to nice people....

Comment

Look into Biomedical engineering. Has the stability of the medical community without all the blood and guts. Would make good use of your mechanical skills.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric68
          Look into Biomedical engineering. Has the stability of the medical community without all the blood and guts. Would make good use of your mechanical skills.
          Hell, I got to examples of biomedical engineering in my legs. I would definitely kick ass at show and tell.
          Busted down to regular Bangshifter

Comment

I have a friend who builds and teachs folks to drive hand controlled cars... and builds Van conversions for wheel chairs...

Lots of his work is bucks down...

K

Comment

I just finished a business degree, and I'd recommend it to anyone provided you can find the right school (I didn't).

One thing to keep in mind with B-school is that you will definitely learn business, but you don't learn the business of anything in particular-kind of a "Jack of all trades, master of none" situation, although you're more likely to be Jack's boss.

Your experience in construction, combined with some B-school, might end up being a killer combination on your resume if you're willing to take an office job for a construction company. Definitely let us know what you decide, lots of people here are thinking of going back (including me)

Comment

Working...
              X