Upgrades and Core Charges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrades and Core Charges

I don't feel like messing with trying to free the bleeder screws on my 98 Suburban calipers and an upgrade is to use the dually front calipers which have slightly larger pistons than the single rear wheel 2500 and 3500 calipers like I already have. The only hesitation I have is the dually calipers have a different core charge than the 2500 calipers and since I'd get them through RockAuto, would they just give me the $25 for the 2500 calipers, the $35 for the dually units, or none since I didn't send back the right ones?

Any experience?

Thanks,
    Central TEXAS Sleeper
    USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

If you are talking about 2WD front dualie calipers, there are two sizes.

Comment

Yes, I'm talking about the dually front calipers for the OBS/GMT400 platform.
      Central TEXAS Sleeper
      USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

That's the only problem buying something on line with a core charge. How much is it going to cost just to ship the cores? I find the local AP store really don't care if the core is the exact same part just as long as it's a core. Check with the local store. I hate to admit it but lately I've been buying from Autozone. I just bought a alternator for my 66 Mustang's new motor and I'm pretty impressed with it. Finished nicely, and it was $39 Oh, and it helps they're a few blocks from work doesn't hurt.
        Tom
        Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Autozone will cure you of buying from them.
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Well I get the idea, we also have a Oreilly's and NAPA in town for the big names and a local Monument Auto Parts as well that I've never dealt with.

Looking through NAPA's catalog, they have the dually calipers in stock in the "Eclipse" line that I like not because they are painted black (actually like the grey better) but because they are semi loaded and I have brand new pads.

I wonder how picky these guys are on cores... Calipers are basically the same price as RockAuto but the core is higher though I bet for a pair of calipers a lot or maybe more than the savings would get sucked up in the shipping. Hoses however are twice the price at NAPA, $30 more than covers the shipping if I ordered them through RockAuto.
            Central TEXAS Sleeper
            USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Working...
            X