Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best drummer

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
    Lars just didn't want to give his music away , nothing wrong with getting paid for your work
    record companys crashing in record numbers show they were right
    I don't blame Metallica one little bit for the Napster thing. Who the hell are Napster to give away Metallica's recordings anyway?

I just think Lars is a tool by the way he craps on. It's like he's so full of himself.

Comment

<sigh> Sadly agreed. Ive been a fan of Metallica for over 20 years. Lars is a hell of a drummer, but he's a tool. :-\
      I'm probably wrong

Comment

Yeah Thompson, Krupa, Rich, Peart (XYZ), & Copeland but also Carmine Appice, Dave Grohl(Nirvana), Frank Beard(ZZ top), Carter Beauford(Dave Matthews Band), Bun E. Carlos(Cheap Trick), Sheila E., Cindy Blackman(Lenny Kravitz), Mick Fleetwood, Don Henley, Joey Kramer(Aerosmith), and my favorite Animal(Dr. Teeth and The Electric Mayhem).
        That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

Comment

college kid trip bands like the dead , oar , dave matthews , phiish , cowboy mouth don't strike me as great musicians
          maybe cause you can meet chicks at their shows

Comment

DOH! How could I forget Animal?!
            I'm probably wrong

Comment

Animal is great! Did we mention Max Weinberg? "Born To Run" came on the truck radio today and as always knocked me out of the water. Max can play, too. BTW - he wrote the book on drumming, literally. He has a nasty case of arthritis and had to completely change his style so he didn't beat himself up. It was that or quit playing. He wrote a book about which I keep meaning to buy and read but haven't yet.

Dan

Comment

would you rather be good or lucky ?
                billy joel's drummer was liberty devito , good but not lucky , got whacked after playing with billy joel for decades

Comment

yeah bill ward
                  Last edited by SpiderGearsMan; November 13, 2011, 09:01 PM.

Comment

I think I may have mentioned him before, but ... Kenney Jones. Check him out here playing with The Faces

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

If you don't want to sit through the whole song (and why you wouldn't is beyond me) skip ahead to about the 4:10 mark for his solo. I think somewhere around the 6:00 min. mark Rod has to yell at him to let the rest of the band back in on it, lmao
                    "Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Comment

I must be late model, but my votes:

by technical playing, Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan (Avenged Sevenfold) and Mike Portnoy (Dream Theater)

by big, stupid fun playing, Tommy Lee and Jeremy Spencer (Five Finger Death Punch)
                      Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

rest in peace THE REV

Comment

Originally posted by Remy-Z View Post
                          I must be late model, but my votes:

by technical playing, Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan (Avenged Sevenfold) and Mike Portnoy (Dream Theater)

by big, stupid fun playing, Tommy Lee and Jeremy Spencer (Five Finger Death Punch)
                          how can you tell.. the mastering and mixing is so poor.. that it sounds like the cymble is tape hiss..
                          with no channle seperation and no db punch.. they have everything at11.. no headroom at all
                          Last edited by Stich496; November 14, 2011, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Tommy Lee absolutely sucks at drumming.
                            www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

upside down

Comment

Originally posted by Stich496 View Post
                                how can you tell.. the mastering and mixing is so poor.. that it sounds like the cymble is tape hiss..
                                with no channle seperation and no db punch.. they have everything at11.. no headroom at all
                                By watching above-shot film. For the most part, I agree with you. But the music I like is all like that...
                                Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Working...
                                X