Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RustyRodder View Post
    Any CB users in here?
    When "Smokey and the Bandit" came out in 1977, followed by "Convoy" in '78, my Dad went out and got a Royce and put it in the family station wagon. He would be on that thing continuously "playing" trucker and using all the movie lingo. His "handle" was 'Good Buddy', which he enjoyed messing with everyone.

My handle was "Stinger" ... What was yours ?

Comment

Dad's was "DEADEYE" after his army unit..

Comment

I found a 1970's RCA Copilot 21 channel in a Blazer at the junkyard. It works great in my '67 GMC now. I haven't had it on while road tripping yet. But, being so close to I-80, I pick up trucker chatter all the time.
        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
            I found a 1970's RCA Copilot 21 channel.
            That's the exact same model my Dad put into my Mom's car (not that she ever used it, but us kids did).

Comment

In my 06 Peterbilt I have a uniden pc68. It been peaked and tuned pushing 26 watts. solid radio as it is, amps will eventually push the radio past its limits and burn it up. ​a good clean tune on on a radio with good coax and antenna is priceless.

Radios were 23 channels until the 40's came out. Hard for these new age steering wheel holders to find out whats going on , on the highway with a cell phone.
              CB,s are still the hot ticket for most truckers, but a lot do keep them turned down some{squelched out} while listening to the FM or the cell.
              On the road and home daily making a good living hauling fuel every day.

Comment

That thing is bitchin!

I dig the looks of those old units. Stopping at radioshack tomorrow to try and get a power cable
                Local person
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X