LSR Success (Sorta)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LSR Success (Sorta)

Mutt and I got back yesterday. I have a GoPro of one of my runs but I'm having "issues" with posting it but once I sort this out I'll get it out to y'all.

So the bottom line - 3 runs, 3 record bumps.

The first run on Sat. AM. I'm a bit groggy in the morning and while waiting in line Dick (the Volvo owner) asked if I had ice in the intercooler cooler. The answer was "D'oh". I had forgotten the ice AND the GoPro. So I went ahead and made the first run anyhow. 123.5246 - about 2 MPH better than my best run at the last meet. Boost was at about 17PSI.

So we went to lunch and got ice and the GoPro from the motel room. I got back in line and right at the starting line we had a hold on the course for 5 minutes or so. I shut the engine off and waited but I had forgotten that the intercooler pump runs with the engine kill switch off (got to move that power source!) so the ice was completely melted when I got back to the pits after the run - so idea if I had ice for the run or not. I did, however, get the GoPro footage that I can watch on my computer screen so now I just have to switch formats. 126.9752 - another couple of MPH to my record. I had bumped the boost again to about 19PSI.

So I hung it up for the day and Dick headed home (he still does that work thing).

So on Sunday AM I added new ice (the stuff in Ohio keeps turning into water - I need to bring better ice) bumped the boost a tad more to probably 20 or so (I didn't have time to look at it during the run) and headed down the track with cooler air given that it was in the morning. This run - 128.3880 and that was into a head wind (really, you can ask Brian!). I was hoping for a 130 but I guess that will be in September.

In the staging lane my shut-off system stopped working so I'll need to track that down along with a couple of other minor glitches. The new clutch was flawless so that was a great success - sintered copper works!

Hope to get the video up soon.

Dan
    Last edited by DanStokes; June 21, 2016, 07:44 AM.

awesome
    looking forward to video.

my LSR daydream is so old i forgot I have one.

Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

High five, Dan, 128 mph in that nutty thing you made.

Comment

Way to go Dan, man! Nice bumps!

Comment

Success is always good.....congrats!

you can't just upload the video file to youtube?
          My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Whoo-HOOO!!!! way to go Dan!
            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Congrad's
              maybe next time get some dry ice,, unless it is against the rules... or maybe at least block ice.. instead of cubes..

Comment

I think one thing about the ice is that you want it to be able to melt fast when it needs to....so it can do it's job
                My fabulous web page

Comment

I'm not sure what dry ice does in a slurry with water. We need a slurry to have something pumpable.

Anyhow, here (I think) is the video. I wish I could get it to trim as it needs to lose 7 minutes at the start as we had a track check just as I got to the start line and I can't reach the GoPro once I'm buckled in so it ran the whole time. If anyone can trim the first 7 minutes please feel free to do so.

Rock on, Dudes!

Dan

Comment

Im working on editing the video, we'll see what happens
                    My fabulous web page

Comment

btw I have windows movie maker on my computer, it seems to do this stuff ok. I thought there was something on macs, but it might be finicky about what file format it has to deal with? I know that the windows stuff usually isn't happy dealing with mac video files. I downloaded the file from youtube as an mp4

My fabulous web page

Comment

Huge thanks! If you find a technique please send me a PM or Email on how to do it.

Dan

Comment

Great run Dan! Who was the guy on the starting line? That's not.....uhhhh....I can't think of the other guy's name.

I see they've elected to put the fire truck and the ambulance at the first shutdown instead in that place early on where you're still accelerating.

From my lack of expertise, to me anything on YouTube is impervious. I can trim a movie if it's a file in my possession, I don't know how to trim one that's already on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                            I'm not sure what dry ice does in a slurry with water. We need a slurry to have something pumpable.

Dan
                            I know what dry ice does when you put it in water. It's fun when you're a kid, I don't think it's fun when you're an adult with a sump of sorts on a race car.

Comment

ummy video downloader is a program you can download and install on a windows computer, it seems to work ok. I don't know what other stuff is available, I'm sure there are others. I have windows 7 on my computer, running windows movie maker, it lets you crop videos pretty easily.

I was thinking about it...my Chevy II runs 128 in the quarter mile, after I drive it to the strip. I'm just giving you crap, Dan!
                              My fabulous web page

Comment

Working...
                              X