No announcement yet.

LSR Success (Sorta)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think your calculations are about right. The drag radials are about 28" - is that what you came up with?

I plan to move the GoPro to the rear hoop for the next meet so I can have it monitor the gages. I need to get lots of data for Tim the turbo guy and Goran would like it too (and I'm curious, too) and that seems like the best way. I need to have my head up at the end of the track (just ask Keith) so it's hard to gather this data at speed. Russell, of course, knows whereof I speak.

Dan

Comment

I know what you mean it is tough trying to watch your track position, speed and rpm. It's really impossible to do all three well. Head up for track position and very quick glances at speed or rpm not both. And those would be abouts because as soon as the go part is finished it's time for the whoa part which is the most important part of the run. I like the idea of using the gopro for data collection.

DW photos shows mutt rolling coal need more air
      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
      1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
      ​​​​​​

Comment

I think a GoPro-style data logger is in my immediate future!

That was the first run with about 19PSI boost. I told Brian to watch for coal on that run and that it would be gone on Run #2 - it was. I needed that first run to get a handle on about how many clicks on the boost controller= how many PSI. It turns out that 5 clicks is about 1 PSI - valuable data!

Wish I had Brian's audio of my runs - I wish someone would come up with an app (or whatever you need) to pick out audio of runs by vehicle number from the overall audio record on the ECTA website. It would be fun to hear what BS (not BangShift) he comes up with.

Dan

Comment

I love watching the reruns of the past few Drag Weeks on youtube, that's one reason....they have the audio, and it's so fun to listen to Brian....
          Last edited by squirrel; June 23, 2016, 07:44 AM.
          My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post

Wish I had Brian's audio of my runs - I wish someone would come up with an app (or whatever you need) to pick out audio of runs by vehicle number from the overall audio record on the ECTA website. It would be fun to hear what BS (not BangShift) he comes up with.

Dan
            Yeah, Brian really IS the Best. That was the most funnest part of the first time I took Bluebelle up there with the speed limiter still turned on - listening to Brian on the radio...."I rented one of these Fusions one time. The only thing it was good for was doing reverse doughnuts in the snow." HAhahAhahahAH!

EDIT: I made so many runs, two of them the exact amount of time in the trap, down to the 4th decimal place. Brian said, "Here comes the Fusion again. If we were bracket racing, this guy would OWN it."
            Last edited by pdub; June 23, 2016, 12:37 PM.
            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Working...
            X