• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you had me at "Studebaker"
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
      If you don't worship the right thing - that puts you at odds with "the rest".... seriously, why is this still a thing?

Comment

me too
        A front driver poncho 4 door gets little if no respect in most circles....
        Patrick & Tammy
        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Heh, it's back again. Strangely enough I've experienced some animosity lately. My dad mentioned I built it and I got the stink eye at a show, as if everyone needs to buy one now. I put 4000 miles on the GTO since May 16th, and had plenty of attention while driving it around. Go to a show with it and suddenly I'm a pariah for building it. Ok well, whatever dudes. My dad likes the show thing, not really my thing. I never expect a trophy or even a mention, even when is the only Pontiac there like everything but one show. *Shrug.*

Could it be that they feel inadequate? Or perhaps some people have been jerks about building their cars. I mean my car is shiny but rough, not even finished yet, and you guys saw it in is original state, it'll never be a show car. I like to meet other car guys, and I don't look down on them for what they drive (even a bellybutton camaro), one older dude had an 84 LeBaron convertible with please don't touch all over it. He was all jazzed up about it, that's cool because it was low miles and very nice for an old K car. I let kids sit in mine if they seem to like it. They get a thrill to be in the driver's seat at a show where nobody lets them touch anything.

the animosity some people have makes no sense to me. I could be very elitist, but what's the fun in that?

Comment

Almost forgot. Everyone was bitching about new cars being at the shows, especially those guys who bought their old car already done. It's essentially the same thing, the only difference is the age of the car.

I'm hashing too much fun driving the GTO to worry about who has a nicer one.

Comment

I think another choice for your poll should have been if you should build your own car or simply purchase your car if you had the money to do that.

Building your own car has many rewards such as the satisfaction of building it yourself and knowing that it was build the right way but there are also downsides to building your own car such has the time and money it takes to do it.

We all know it takes hundreds or even thousands of hours of hard work to complete a project.

Age is another factor to consider. Say you are in your 70's do you want to spend the next 2 to 6 years just building your car before you can drive it?

One other problem we have to day is that you can buy most cars cheaper then you can built one.

When I watch the auctions on TV and see some beautiful car sell for a fraction on what it cost to build it I can only shake my head and think that someone really needed to sell their car really bad.

Just my opinion. Jim Hill

Comment

Working...
              X