Car Related - Another Airbag Recall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Related - Another Airbag Recall

We got another airbag recall letter in the snail mail about Red. He's a 2006 Mustang. We've been recalled already, we've done that, took him down to the dealership to get it done - driver airbag inflator replacement. And while they had him they actually really fixed the air conditioner plumbing for a fee (Gomer and Darwin "worked on that" at the local shops 7 times). And the the dealership called me back again while they had him, wanting to replace the spark plugs for $800, the 100K mile tuneup. No, thanks. After I YouTubed it, yes, that is a huge job, just to change the spark plugs. I understand $800 now, but no, I'll get that done when Red won't crank.

But now there's another recall letter in the mail, this one's about the inflator HOUSING, a different recall number, like those air bags are still causing hell if you're afraid of lawyers and if you are Ford.

Is anyone else familiar with this one? Two different recalls, two different case numbers. The guys at the dealership are talking on the phone like we've never been recalled before. But they've "fixed" the airbag one time already.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

I've gotten 3 letters on my airbag in the Ranger.
    They just won't leave me alone.
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post
      I've gotten 3 letters on my airbag in the Ranger.
      They just won't leave me alone.
      What does it mean? Unit gets a letter in the mail and she files it after she takes action on it and then keeps it as a record of when and what happened. Along with the receipts of the transaction, whatever it was. Why are they recalling Red again for the airbag?

EDIT/UPDATE: Unit's on the official Ford Chat Line and they're saying this is different from the work we had done in December. We should have bought a Chevy instead and been stuck beside the road somewhere instead of worrying about the airbag exploding.
      Last edited by pdub; June 22, 2016, 04:34 PM.

Comment

We keep expecting a airbag recall on Nellie the HHR. Pretty sure Truck is pre-Tanaka. So far, nothin'. Or maybe she has a different brand of 'bag?

Dan

Comment

My mama was a little bitty critter, she had a dinosaur Marquis she putted back and forth to church in. One of the first cars that even HAD an airbag, way back then.

She was afraid the airbag WOULD deploy and kill her in a 15 mph crash. So I found the fuse marked "Air Bag" and I pulled it. I put a piece of electrical tape over the airbag alarm light on the dashboard display so she couldn't see it.

Comment

Working...
          X