Black Wheels Front, Silver Wheels Back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Wheels Front, Silver Wheels Back

Just drive around and look. Any parking lot. You can even see them pass you the other direction on the road, it's obvious. That car hasn't been washed in a real long time. The wheels tell the story. I don't want to be that guy, with Red. So I'll admit, I haven't washed Red since before SM and I went to Tail of the Dragon. Weeks. And the Hawk pads on the front smoke up the front wheels. Black wheels front, silver wheels back. Over time, it looks like I don't care. That's what it looks like.

I'm tired of looking at Red looking like that, so I go out there in 95 degrees and commence to do something about it this afternoon. Red's wheels are 10-bys, you have to take the wheels off of the car to clean them. 90% of the wheel is behind the spoke pattern.

Jack the car up, all four corners, jack stands, drag out the car washing stuff and the mobile work bench I put the wheels up onto to wash them thoroughly....fire up the air compressor, the impact wrench.....take all of the lugs off of all four wheels.....

In 95 degrees I got the two dirtiest wheels washed before time and energy made me put it all back together again. I don't think making a car look good is what I'm all about anymore, I'm too tired and old and it's too hot outside. Who looks, anyhow. And he's still got mud on his butt, I ran out of oomph.
    Last edited by pdub; June 23, 2016, 05:26 PM.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

a truck without dents is worthless.

I was as crazy as an uncle with my 84 monte carlo SS.. the cleaning.
    never been that way again.

I check the 3400 pound sidewalls to be above 55psi inflated in my truck now.
    looks good that way.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

What happened to that whiz-bang wheel cleaning tool you had Pdub??
      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

I'm sorry Peewee I'll do better
        Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
        If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

In my 20's I'd spend all day buffing, waxing and detailing my car. Now every few weeks I take it down to the $2 spray 'n wash to knock off the big chunks.
          Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Better yet just spray paint some brake-dust color over all the wheels, and some tan dust color everywhere else and just go with it.

You can use some of this on the rr fenders behind the tires, for that burn-out rubber look. Or, on the fronts, just to keep em' guessing...
            Click image for larger version

Name:	flex seal guy.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	9.7 KB
ID:	1110702

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
              What happened to that whiz-bang wheel cleaning tool you had Pdub??
              That was a novel idea somebody had to invent that, but it won't near hit the whole wheel through Red's spoke pattern. When the wheel gets wet, the parts you missed get evenly slung around on the shiny parts of the wheel like running black mascara.
              Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post

That was a novel idea somebody had to invent that, but it won't near hit the whole wheel through Red's spoke pattern. When the wheel gets wet, the parts you missed get evenly slung around on the shiny parts of the wheel like running black mascara.
                So, I guess I shouldn't buy one. Thx.
                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
                X