Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tugboats

I have a secret desire to operate one.

I remember tugging at airplanes, 200,000 pounds down the taxi way in bangor maine. Just the tug was 60000. From a distance, you see one mans little head at one steering wheel.
    I am one to angry at screaming engines.

Trucking my whole life, I used to be small enough to sleep on the doghouse of the cabover as my dad drove on through a cold night.
    the heat sucked, the seats sucked..
    but the thump of a real working engine..
    I went to sleep on the warm doghouse.

favorite channel for tugs.
    shippingharbors
    Last edited by Barry Donovan; July 5, 2016, 08:26 PM.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

I enjoy seeing our tugs at work - Wilmington is a port so we have some BIG ships coming in. Just yesterday we had a super Panamax come in for the first time following improvements to the harbor (dredging, I suppose). Anyhow, this means we have a tug fleet and it's cool to watch them though since 9/11 security has made it harder to see them as the port is pretty closed off. I've likes tugs since "Lil Toot", one of the first books of my childhood. We even had the record.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
      I enjoy seeing our tugs at work - Wilmington is a port so we have some BIG ships coming in. Just yesterday we had a super Panamax come in for the first time following improvements to the harbor (dredging, I suppose). Anyhow, this means we have a tug fleet and it's cool to watch them though since 9/11 security has made it harder to see them as the port is pretty closed off. I've likes tugs since "Lil Toot", one of the first books of my childhood. We even had the record.

Dan
      the big stuff is already coming through..
      I would love to catch up to how those ports are going.

you know what got me going on this (again)..
      very quiet, seemed down, the place I am in, out in the woods.
      I am never down, I like it , but downers are here.

as simple as a UPS truck or fedex with a 30foot cube wakes it up.
      delivery is everything.
      if 24 apt units all paid the full ship price and we all ordered something..
      that is most likely a thousand+ dollar delivery for little UPS sized items.
      that is the other purpose of going big, to drop ship prices.

it is a big world when we all need something.
      Last edited by Barry Donovan; July 6, 2016, 07:00 AM.
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Working...
      X