Living the derby life..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Living the derby life..

2weeks before the 4th, the kid took the whole week off to build his derby car..
    Of course the "pit boss" ( me) has to help..
    Then the week before it was 7 pm- 10-11 pm.. He has to work the next day
    We simply ran out of time.. Motel is $600 plus for 3 rooms. And past the cancell date
    Then the kid's mapquest says to take a right off the freeway onto narrow shoulderless roads. Whoops and bangs. The dualie and trailer barely fit
    Grandkids puked cuz of the rough 20-30 mph corners! Come out by the town of HUMPTULIPS! ironic? By then we were running LATE!
    The promotor allowed us to park in the shop to finish welding and paint It was raining in Forks WA
    Those guys are not "past 10 pm" type of guys. I caught on quick and we went back early. 7 am.
    We had to get to the track "across the street" before they closed the street for the parade..
    The Forks guys get in their cars and DRIVE to the gas station and track..
    We got ENOUGH done.
    Lots of times, pit guys from other cars or guys who do not move on helped get the xar ready for the main after qualifying.. Not this time. We were given a bucket to use for putting out fire.
    By time the car was ready to go...(with time to spare) I was ready to pass out..
    Spoiler alert: he wins it all.. And gets most aggressive driver award

Main: https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?list=P...&v=boZslbLtwl0

Don't have the qualifying round.. A guy got flipped on his lid..

I had a shower afterwards. Then hobbled to the restraunt next door to the motel.
    Breakfast was a much better walk for me..

Time to do what got negelected while I was "gone"
    Wish I could post pics. Gonna try..

Comment

Afterwards a guy walks up with hs family, chats with my kids, he ran against them when they won Mac 3-4 years ago.. Son 1- daughter 2 nd in matching 94 Caprices.. My granddaughters now 9 and 8 are starting to understand their mom and uncle are big cheese... Then the guy goes on to say, "I started in salem running against the likes of the Ferrandos (a family of hard hitting brothers and dad) and Deaf Bob". My son says, "That's Deaf Bob right there"
      I remember him, looked familiar.. Made his day I remembered him, hell! Made MY DAY! Got a hug from the grands... I think the weekend opened those girl's eyes a bit!

Comment

Found the qualifying heat. Only part 2 as part one has a roll over not shown..
        Guy driving the red/black Vic lives in a wheelchair!

Some monster hits..

Comment

Good job, you crazy kids! And cool for the wheelchair-bound guy. Why let that define you?

Dan

Comment

Atta Boy DB! Feels GOOD doesn't it? It's bound to!
            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
              Atta Boy DB! Feels GOOD doesn't it? It's bound to!
              Yes it does! The stress, physical tiredness, then the high when he is announced the winner..

Comment

Let me get this straight, you are bragging about a weekend when you were reward for flagrant violation of lane laws, partying all night, road rage and beating up a disabled guy? then brag about it because you're famous for it. my goodness, you're a mean one, Santa

and you wonder why you're friends with a lawyer.
                Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; July 6, 2016, 03:07 PM.
                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Wait, I think I can do better:

Your honor, may it please the Court. Today you're here to judge the actions of a gentleman, and I use the word loosely, who broke speed limits, lane laws, used a variety of quasi-legal substances to stay awake and brought illegal equipment to an event in our fair county. This out-of-towner was here to celebrate our nation's freedom from tyranny, but instead spent his weekend readying his weapons to deprive another person, who is handicapped and a veteran, of his car by running into his car repeatedly. These animals then partied all night, attempted to disrupt our parade, and did not have proper fire equipment. Such actions cannot be condoned, but he was rewarded by his gang of other miscreants. Even worse, his accomplices are his own children, and now he's training their children in the same aggressive, anti-social manner. He brags to others about how many cars he has destroyed, how many people he's tried to kill with his vehicular weapon, and how he does so with equipment that makes our precious dolphins suffocate every single time he starts it. We have witnessed the eagles that can no longer fly because of the noise-assault (which chases away their prey) that these monstrosities emit. We are a polite society, we do not need the likes of him, here.... send him to Monroe* as a lesson for others!

*There's a State prison there, and a fairgrounds which happens to be nearer SBG.
                  Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                    and you wonder why you're friends with a lawyer.
                    Birds of feather flock together

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                      Wait, I think I can do better:

Your honor, may it please the Court. Today you're here to judge the actions of a gentleman, and I use the word loosely, who broke speed limits, lane laws, used a variety of quasi-legal substances to stay awake and brought illegal equipment to an event in our fair county. This out-of-towner was here to celebrate our nation's freedom from tyranny, but instead spent his weekend readying his weapons to deprive another person, who is handicapped and a veteran, of his car by running into his car repeatedly. These animals then partied all night, attempted to disrupt our parade, and did not have proper fire equipment. Such actions cannot be condoned, but he was rewarded by his gang of other miscreants. Even worse, his accomplices are his own children, and now he's training their children in the same aggressive, anti-social manner. He brags to others about how many cars he has destroyed, how many people he's tried to kill with his vehicular weapon, and how he does so with equipment that makes our precious dolphins suffocate every single time he starts it. We have witnessed the eagles that can no longer fly because of the noise-assault (which chases away their prey) that these monstrosities emit. We are a polite society, we do not need the likes of him, here.... send him to Monroe* as a lesson for others!

*There's a State prison there, and a fairgrounds which happens to be nearer SBG.
                      I think you out done yourself !
                      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

that looks like so much fun !!!

Comment

Originally posted by fatguyzinc View Post
                          that looks like so much fun !!!
                          ADDICTING when you have a good run like he did.. I accept I can never drive in the arena again, I still get so excited when he does well..

Comment

With the recent pics of his kids derby cars that Deaf Bob sent me, I started to wonder what kinds of things you need to do to prepare a street car for the carnage pit. Things like reinforcements, different parts, relocated components, etc.

How about a quick bullet point list DB ?

Comment

His Son won 2nd with a 73 Delta 88.

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X