Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
    Easily counterfieted... (sp? Copied)
    I see a touch of paranoia here. If you get traveler's check from a reputable agency, and cash them at a reputable bank, where does the counterfeiting come in to play? There is no threat to the seller, he isn't being given the traveler's checks. There is no risk to the buyer, even if they are stolen from him, provided the theft is reported. Or am I just too naive?

Comment

Too naive.. When we made our trip to IA a few years ago, had a few hundred in TC and they were bank cashed.. No store would take them except big department stores.. Times are changing. Guess most like debit cards

Comment

Originally posted by sueunit View Post

I see a touch of paranoia here. If you get traveler's check from a reputable agency, and cash them at a reputable bank, where does the counterfeiting come in to play? There is no threat to the seller, he isn't being given the traveler's checks. There is no risk to the buyer, even if they are stolen from him, provided the theft is reported. Or am I just too naive?
        Actually that would have bee a pretty good idea. I could have cashed them at a bank and then given him the cash . Probably would have been a fairly stiff handling fee for that much , but it would have worked .
        Last edited by Dan Barlow; July 10, 2016, 02:30 PM.
        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Working...
        X