X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B29, Doc, to fly July 17th

nearly 30 years and more than 200,000 volunteer hours. Amazing

http://www.warbirdsnews.com/category...tions/b-29-doc
    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; July 9, 2016, 08:54 AM.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

would love to see it.

McConnell.. I remember that from my time in, the tankers.
    reading that bases history, the end of SAC was quite a hack.
    ...and I thought maine went crazy.

that is a great website, added to my favorites.
    I am at the 25th anniversary desert storm one article

as transient crew chief, the list in the article was the most abundant airplanes we saw.
    they did not mention c130 or c141, or kc10.
    the c17 was new, loved the sight of it..

100,000 sorties.
    that is big. Exceeds one crew chief for sure.
    Last edited by Barry Donovan; July 9, 2016, 09:09 AM.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

That'll be something to see!

Comment

The backstory on the B-29

Do a whole bunch of work for free to do a whole bunch more work for free.... pretty cool

Comment

Wonderful stuff. Best of luck to Doc and her crew - we must never forget the folks - and equipment - who won WWII.

Dan

Comment

I and a number of my friends have been sending money and watching as they finished up Doc. One of the gals in my car club ran the crew that started the restoration over 10 years ago. So, we will BE THERE without fail next Saturday to see history take wing. Bet on it!
            Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
              The backstory on the B-29

Do a whole bunch of work for free to do a whole bunch more work for free.... pretty cool
              free must be freedom.
              a teamwork that exceeds dollars.

the more I remember labor abuse, the more a lawyer would have a heart attack.
              Previously boxer3main
              the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

That's really neat!
                My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by studemax View Post
                  I and a number of my friends have been sending money and watching as they finished up Doc. One of the gals in my car club ran the crew that started the restoration over 10 years ago. So, we will BE THERE without fail next Saturday to see history take wing. Bet on it!

Please take and post pictures - I've been following this for years

Comment

Dang, I'm flying into Jabarra Saturday but we don't land until around `10:00.....maybe they won't launch before I get there............
                    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

they'll just warm her up for you....
                      Patrick & Tammy
                      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Really cool! My buddy was lucky enough to get a cockpit seat in Fifi a couple weeks back. I watched her take off and land a couple times. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04678.JPG
Views:	59
Size:	276.8 KB
ID:	1113536
                        Local person
                        sigpic

Comment

What will really be badass in the future is Doc AND Fifi in formation somewhere over the fruited plains of the good old USA.

Comment

That will definitely be something to see... Saw the CAF on tour several years ago...
                            Patrick & Tammy
                            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Well, damn it! They finally got around to publicizing the public viewing areas for the takeoff, and they are all west of the runway by several blocks (old Boeing parking lots, etc.). At 8:30AM this will put the rising sun in everyone's eyes, and render cameras useless. Also, the areas chosen will obscure most of the runway with trees, and we could only see the aircraft after Doc has cleared the runway and has been airborne for some time. Of course, the media will be allowed on the base and probably stationed on Runway 30 on the east side of the airfield. The public roads north and south of the airfield would be excellent for viewing the take off or landing, but are usually patrolled by county sheriffs running people off who have parked in the ditches. This will be no fun, folks.

Comment

Working...
                              X