Red at Daytona?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red at Daytona?

Got an email from PDE, they're running Daytona in December. The Big Track. I can drive Red on the super speedway. That's feeling like a GO.

But I can't drive as far as I used to until I get worn out. After about 6 hours on the interstate my eyes get crossed and I have to quit. A stretch and walk around break doesn't help. I'm done right about then. We used to make 9-hour runs to Pittsburgh and back over and over, no problem. Getting old has its disadvantages.

Daytona is over 8 hours away from here. That's the obstacle to overcome. I'm willing to try it. It's far more likely I'll wreck us on the interstate than to wreck on the track, going as fast as Red can possibly go.

And here's as unrelated item, bonus item. Unit was running the vacuum cleaner and Kenny disappeared. Gone. Unit discovered his secret place, under the couch in the living room.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Kenny Couch.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	1113290

Last edited by pdub; July 9, 2016, 11:41 AM.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

that would be an adventure.
    All we see is how small speed makes it look.

its like 70mph heading into penobscot bay..another 200mph is welcome.
    or looking down a 2.25 mile runway and thinking of picking up every nut screw and bolt for safety.. reeled into seconds...
    placing screws into the floor of a kc135 starting from the back.. looking up at 80 more feet to go.

or mars in a big lense that actually made it look red...

godspeed.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by boxer3main View Post
      that would be an adventure.
      All we see is how small speed makes it look.

:
      Red won't make it look small. I just want to see how fast Red will go. Finally, with no rules. And don't hit the wall. And see that track from the driver's perspective. Yes, I'm all in. With video.

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
        Got an email from PDE, they're running Daytona in December.
        What exactly is PDE ?
        I did not see anything for them on the DIS events calendar.

Comment

There is this new thing, they call it a motel.. you rest there, then go on your merry way...
          You could always let Sue drive 4 hours, that way she can see you going bonnnnnzzzzzzzzzzzziiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Comment

Ye Gods, P! You MUST go. That would be an experience of a lifetime, and awesome to the max.
            Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by Monster View Post

What exactly is PDE ?
              I did not see anything for them on the DIS events calendar.
              EDIT: We're already registered and booked for AMP September 10. Unit loves to ride along on that track, she likes it a whole lot more than Road Atlanta. The PDE site is not working right to register for Daytona. I'll try again tomorrow. Fun. BIG fun.

Last edited by pdub; July 9, 2016, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesMayberryIII View Post
                There is this new thing, they call it a motel.. i
                It's about time off from work, running out of days. AMP is easy. 2 hours away, no time away from work and on a weekend. Daytona.....we're gonna do that. We sure are, I'm only getting older. I'll die trying to do that, but we're gonna do that.
                Last edited by pdub; July 9, 2016, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Have pilot ship the car down and fly. Cost money saves time.
                  http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                  1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                  ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Russell View Post
                    Have pilot ship the car down and fly. Cost money saves time.
                    HHAHAHHHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Cough cough, Hello, boss, I won't be in today I have a fever and only the need for speed will cure it..

Comment

Originally posted by JamesMayberryIII View Post
                        Cough cough, Hello, boss, I won't be in today I have a fever and only the need for speed will cure it..
                        IN. Just got off the phone with the owner of PDE. Don't have a motel yet in Daytona, but we're in. Coughing won't matter for an excuse for work. We're going. I don't care what that week looks like, and that's a long way out.

AMP in September, Daytona in December, that'll finish us off for this year's "wish we were racing" schedule.

Daytona. WOW. I'll take photos and video. WOW. We're IN !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Inquisitive and don't mean to pry but what does it cost, I'm really wanting to do it and to do it with a fellow Bangshiter and an old pro at it would be fun. Got new tires and fixen to install new brakes.
                          Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                          If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Perry, hit the link on post #7, and you can buy in. I'm excited about it.

EDIT: You and I won't need brakes at Daytona.
                            Last edited by pdub; July 9, 2016, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Hey Peewee was looking at map, yep about 3-3½ hours from lake so I would have to get a room but could drive back that afternoon. Hope it pans out if not I will definitely make it at a later date. Man I'm AMPED!
                              Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                              If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Working...
                              X