Purchased 92 Vette trip to Outer Banks trip pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HoosierL98GTA View Post
    I aimed to put this pic up as sone as if got home but today was the first day that everything worked out to take the pic .
    Next one, you'll need a longer driveway.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

But these are some heavy duty fairies , there had to be 18 vehicles on them .
      Aaron, how many ride the cross sound fairies? I've seen 4 rig-car trailers on some after Monroe derby of guys going back to Port Angles.. Looked to hav room for more? Read somewhere 40 cars/truks per trip?

Comment

more like 200, the small ferries (the ones that go to the islands) are in the 60-70 car size. Even so, they're replacing those with ones that do 100 plus http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/ferries/vess...h/vessels.aspx
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

So what happened to the red Vett? I mean do you still have it? buyback from the insurance co. can i have it ;)
          Well I have stopped buying stuff for cars I don't own. Is that a step in the right or wrong direction?

Comment

Bought it back for 950 -970 . Was going to put the youngest kid (boy) in it but he promptly over heated the aluminum headed L98 to 290° . Now all it does is throw up . Going to pull the heads after I get the trans am starting again .
            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Might get by with just a head gasket change...

Comment

Yeah , but if I go to all the trouble of taking the heads off , I at least have to have them checked out .
                Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

After I did the head gaskets on my 91 I grounded the cooling fan relay. Key on fan on. Easy to do if you pull up a schematic.

P.S. I likes the new Vet Mr. Dan.

Comment

Originally posted by G-Motive View Post
                    After I did the head gaskets on my 91.
                    was it a aluminum head chevy ? Thanks for the compliments guys .
                    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

was it a aluminum head chevy ? Thanks for the compliments guys .
                      Yep , it was Corvette. Bought it with bad head gaskets. You'll want to get yours cut at minimum.
                      Last edited by G-Motive; July 18, 2016, 09:58 AM.

Comment

You should see the path the blown gasket took..
                        A straight edge will tell you if a visit to the machine shop is required.
                        A framing square works good....

Comment

If you're to cheap to get a set of heads resurfaced you might as well go stand in the welfare line.

Comment

Yeah I agree, I was getting the impression you didn't, and got away with it .
                            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Wouldn't even attempt it on a car I was selling. I ended up trading that Vette for a 55 Chevy.

Comment

Why get machine work that is not NEEDED?
                                You do not always need a resurface job after getting it screaming hot..
                                Probably need valve seals if he really got it hot..
                                Running 2 small blocks, one 10-1 CR, the other over 12 CR, countless overheats.. Have not resurfaced a set of heads yet..
                                Every so often we have to replace head gaskets..
                                These are on older heads, less prone to warpage than the newer ones
                                Guys run the LS 5.3's and get them hot as well, they say a strong reason to run the LS is it does not blow head gaskets nor warps heads after getting screaming hot..
                                Your results may vary.
                                if your head is flat, regasket it and it will be fine..

Comment

Working...
                                X