No announcement yet.

$900 Spark Plugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did a little research. Rock Auto has your positive battery cable in Standard Motor Products (an OK brand) for like $35. They don't have a pic but I went to Standard's online catalog and looked up A634RPP and sure enough there's a cover or protector or whatever you call it with the cable assembly. You could even jump off the deep end and replace the double cable that will come with the cover. It looks like it has the funny tightening system that you mentioned so it's an OEM replacement piece.

Dan

Comment

P, nothing is cheap any more. I noticed with any of my vehicles in the shop, it was always over $1K. Especially when you go for inspection, lol. 3 months ago I was visiting my friend in SC when my Freestar trans was ready to call it a day, it only had 213K miles. Ended up buyi g a 2014F150 crew cab with 31K miles. Offered a extended warranty up to 150K miles. I choked at the price but I like I said every time I go to the shop for something I can't take care of was well over $1K, I jumped at it.

Do you remember the 80's LM Sable that had the light bar running across the front of the car? I had one. IIRC, there was something like 8 bulbs. Ford wanted something like $5 a bulb. Now if you think if some poor slob took one to the dealer to have them replaced back in the day, you had something like $40 for bulbs and what, a couple hours labor. You would be out the door for about $200 just to change a 8 cheap light bulbs
      Tom
      Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Unbelievable. After all of the.....and the....and then the....I FIXED the danged thing. I sure did, I FIXED it.

Just exactly like when Dan B was standing beside Superman's Corvette and didn't realize it was a big window until he got home and looked at the photo....just exactly like that. Exactly, same thing. Standing beside something and can't "see" it.

I got to studying the photo posted above, looking....it became obvious what was wrong. I went out there and threw the hood open and in 5 minutes it's over. Why couldn't I SEE that? It's fixed, it sure is. The stupid OEM battery connection was rotated on the terminal such that the cover could NOT go all the way down on it. It's fixed. I'm thrilled, to say the least. I fixed something this year, I sure did.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000569.JPG
Views:	26
Size:	147.0 KB
ID:	1114695

Last edited by pdub; July 19, 2016, 04:08 PM.
        Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

I knew you had it in you Pmech
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Dang, I so wanted you to "owe" me for a cover...

Glad you got it fixed pmech!

Comment

Proud of you, Buddy! Rock On!

Dan

Comment

Now you are an experienced rubber adjuster. New career maybe ?
                Phil / Omaha

Comment

Congratulation Pdub, job well done.
                  Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                  The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

there you go...what's next?

Comment

This car has a modular motor, right? if that's the case, $900 for a set of plugs isn't too bad. not sure if anyone else here is familiar with how a mod motor plug swap typically goes, but it often involves expensive tools and sometimes removing a cylinder head or two.
                      www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

$900 Spark Plugs

July 18th, 2016, 07:20 PM
                        \

P dub You forgot about me and my son.

Comment

Now start saving up for that blower.
                          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                          HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by 67ragtop View Post
                            $900 Spark Plugs

July 18th, 2016, 07:20 PM
                            \

P dub You forgot about me and my son.

I reminded him Vic. He simply didn't have the time to take it to you. Bummer.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by mopar57 View Post
                              there you go...what's next?
                              Nothing, I hope. I've had better luck keeping the air in the tires recently by not driving it.
                              Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

We now own a set of those spark plugs so we'll see if I keep up my big talk when the time comes. We have another 45K miles +/- before I'll need to worry about that.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                                X