No announcement yet.

Home Audio - We Have the "Old" Technology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ME has the violins and piano insured thru a professional organization she joined when she was teaching. It's not TOO expensive. The Rickenbacker (it's gone up in value) would be covered under our homeowner's and I suspect that the PA and Fender Bassman have declined in value to the point that we'd just get a few $$ for them. The drum kits are probably only worth $2K or less for both sets of them. Anyhow, I HOPE we're covered and more than that I hope we never have to find out. BTW - I replaced all the smoke detectors last November so we do have working units. The hurricane detectors - who knows??!!

Dan

Comment

Success. Got the whole stack of wires working,and playing these old records after a real long time. Couldn't decide what to play first, just grabbing stuff out of the pile from the whole era.....okay, that's crap. Another one....yep, drug-induced noise. Grabbed Janis Joplin's album, "Pearl." She was anything "but" a pearl BUT she was a fantastic singer who destroyed herself like they did back then. Getting dead on drugs was in style.

On Side Two, it's amazing that "Me and Bobby McGee" ....her radio hit that I remember, led right into "Mercedes Benz." Those two songs together....with her doing it.....why did they hide those two songs on Side Two?

The wired together stuff here at Weeville works, I'm loving it, thanks for all the support as always, it's been SO much fun just getting some music in the house again. The sound of music....somebody should make a movie about that, I'll bet it would sell.

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Thread re-derail....Let's change gears, second to third. And get back on insurance stuff.

So, in December, can anybody imagine.....

Me on the phone: I'd like to initiate a claim, please. I've been with State Farm all of my life, 43 years driving, home owner, same company, State Farm, you guys are the BEST. I've never filed a claim, but I'd like to file one now.

State Farm: CERTAINLY, Sir, how can we help you?

Me: It's my car. The right side of it is mashed flat, the right front quarter panel is mashed, the motor is moved over about three inches. It's a unibody, so the frame is not bent, but everything else is.

State Farm: Do you have a police report to go with this claim?

Me: No, I sure don't. But I'd still like to file the claim. I've been paying the premiums for decades, so I think I'm entitled to file a claim.

State Farm: Yes SIR, you certainly ARE, we value your business! Where were the cops? Were you hit by another car?

Me: There were no cops and I didn't hit another car.

State Farm: So, what happened?

Me: I scraped a wall.

State Farm: Like, on the interstate? Did you scrape a wall on the interstate, what happened?

Me: No it was not on the interstate.

State Farm: So, where WERE you when you scraped a wall?!?!?

Me: I was going 139 mph out of Turn 4 at Daytona and the car got squirrely and I scraped the wall, the same place Earnhardt hit it.

State Farm: CLICK ((((End of conversation)))

Comment

You're in good hands! And the hands open, down you go!

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
            Thread re-derail....Let's change gears, second to third. And get back on insurance stuff.

So, in December, can anybody imagine.....

Me on the phone: I'd like to initiate a claim, please. I've been with State Farm all of my life, 43 years driving, home owner, same company, State Farm, you guys are the BEST. I've never filed a claim, but I'd like to file one now.

State Farm: CERTAINLY, Sir, how can we help you?

Me: It's my car. The right side of it is mashed flat, the right front quarter panel is mashed, the motor is moved over about three inches. It's a unibody, so the frame is not bent, but everything else is.

State Farm: Do you have a police report to go with this claim?

Me: No, I sure don't. But I'd still like to file the claim. I've been paying the premiums for decades, so I think I'm entitled to file a claim.

State Farm: Yes SIR, you certainly ARE, we value your business! Where were the cops? Were you hit by another car?

Me: There were no cops and I didn't hit another car.

State Farm: So, what happened?

Me: I scraped a wall.

State Farm: Like, on the interstate? Did you scrape a wall on the interstate, what happened?

Me: No it was not on the interstate.

State Farm: So, where WERE you when you scraped a wall?!?!?

Me: I was going 139 mph out of Turn 4 at Daytona and the car got squirrely and I scraped the wall, the same place Earnhardt hit it.

State Farm: CLICK ((((End of conversation)))
            Trick here, is removal of tags before entering the track.. and yes insurance co. film track days just because of this.. same with drag strips, I laugh when I see tags on a car and it slapped the wall.. yes part of your premiums pay for a guy/gal to sit and watch and record when needed.. Aint America great..

loose the tags before entering the track..

Comment

Re-derail again, we're having a blast filling the house with recorded music. We're jamming.

In all of my music buying days, I never bought into Lynerd Skynerd. Unit asked, "What about Sweet Home Alabama?"

Nope. Got Stairway to Heaven, but no Sweet Home Alabama. I just didn't like it. Never bought a Skynerd recording, just didn't do it.

So I hereby surrender my Southern Man Man Card. Nope, ain't got that one. So, I don't completely qualify as a genuine Southern Redneck, although rednecks are everywhere - the map knows no difference, north south east or west.

Comment

Last Saturday the local surplus store in Denver CO was having a warehouse sale.
                I found a turntable motor assembly to play my 16 rpm records from the 1930s. .
                They were gifted to me when I was in my teens by the record company owner. My 16 rpm turntable died a few years after that.
                The assembly with instructions was made for the records for the blind org. It is a 16/33 rpm set up.
                By the way they are rubber records.

Nick

Comment

I'd like to be able to adapt a newer cartiege and needle in the console stereo turntable so I can get better tracking to record my grandmothers 78 speed records..
                  I have 1200 to burn to c/d, dvd.. she loved her swing and big band..

Comment

Working...
                  X