Life's Truths

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Life's Truths

This is really serious stuff right here, this comes from the heart. And I made all of this up myself.

1. BangShifters are the best people on earth. Period. The BangShifters who intentionally avoid meeting other BangShifters in person are the folks you don't want to meet anyway.

2. The online video game Crossy Road - the squirrell is the best. They have lots of characters to play with , the squirrell is the best one. He kicks ass, and it's up to your own ability as to what you can do with him.

3. Land Speed - mash the gas and hold it down as hard as you can. If you dent the firewall with the gas pedal, you're mashing it hard enough. Anything less is not enough effort

4.. On a road course, realize that there will be faster cars and better drivers. Act like you don't even see them behind you, and you'll piss them off. Quite well.

5. Refer to Number 4 above, if you feel like you can't steer very well on a road course, it may very well be caused by a flat tire. A VERY flat tire. Don't keep trying to drive fast enough to keep up with everybody else. It's bad for the tire and you lose some speed on the curves.

Just sayin.
    Last edited by pdub; August 2, 2016, 04:49 PM.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Some don't meet others, as they have depression,, Some to the point of driving miles and miles to an event only to turn around in front of said event and go back home.. and doing so for years..

Never played that video game,, never played games online.. tho I'm sure the xbox360 I could..

Land speed.. sounds like fun.. But I don't think any pedal pounding the firewall will help past WFO

Road Course, yes there is always someone better and faster.. and one day you'll piss on off that has no bones about the use of thy chrome horns..
    on the up side flat tires make great smoke..tho. your body guy might not like you after..

Comment

Originally posted by JamesMayberryIII View Post
      Some don't meet others, as they have depression,, Some to the point of driving miles and miles to an event only to turn around in front of said event and go back home.. and doing so for years..

Never played that video game,, never played games online.. tho I'm sure the xbox360 I could..

Land speed.. sounds like fun.. But I don't think any pedal pounding the firewall will help past WFO

Road Course, yes there is always someone better and faster.. and one day you'll piss on off that has no bones about the use of thy chrome horns..
      on the up side flat tires make great smoke..tho. your body guy might not like you after..
      I agree with this.

I may as well be in the arctic. The gearhead inn stuff, will stop by someday. Most of my family is on north carolina right now on vacation. I am house sitting at home.
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

My life truths:

1. He who hesitates is lost. Look before you leap. Always together - keeps things in perspective.

2. Don't play video games. They'll make you crazy and take time away from doing stuff in the shop or sleeping.

3. Go Land Speed Racing, even if you're not very good at it. Or go around a road course, also regardless of results. But GO! Life can pass you by quickly and what will you have to talk about in the Old Folks Home?

4. Flat tires are temporary and fixable. But get off the track so nobody runs into you. In other words, the golden rule of driving, "Lead, follow, or get out of the way." Don't be that old man going 55 in the left lane of the expressway (I'm old and I'm not) or stuck on the track with tire failure holding up the meet.

There must be more but these come to mind.

Dan

Comment

#1... Having a woman who puts up with your crap, usually with a smile on her face..

#2... Biggest time waster...VIDEO GAMES!

#3.... Go to a derby and meet all the friends who share your pasion

#4.... Flats? RUN ON THE RIM, we can always make more.
          Last edited by Deaf Bob; August 3, 2016, 07:08 AM.

Comment

do the right thing was coined by an ambitious black man for a movie.
            Spike Lee.
            I just watched bits and pieces of an old movie called donnie brasco.
            200 convictions, 100 arrests.. a medal thrown at him in the end by his FBI with a 500 dollar check, and credits that went by too fast.
            still wanted with a 500k reward by the wops.

a kick in the brain, a movie like that.

Your own brother would self declare righteous looking down, for not knowing who you are.

Never assume anybody.
            Not even the mob gets away with that disappearing act...for being wrong.
            Last edited by Barry Donovan; August 3, 2016, 10:05 AM.
            Previously boxer3main
            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I have to agree, video games are a total waste of time. I DO agree. But there's something about that one game for me at least....dodging cars...I come home from work, frog in a blender all day, my brain is so full of crap ....

Maybe there's a brain chemical imbalance or something as a result of all the turmoil all day, but I can make that squirrel jump across lanes of traffic and somehow I feel okay after I've been killed about a dozen times, playing the game, trying to make it farther. I can then go and do something else. And I'm recharged enough to not totally dread going back into the fray the next day. It's hard to explain, that's the best I can do at explaining it. It has to be some sort of a brain thing that somebody gets paid a whole lot to explain.
              Last edited by pdub; August 3, 2016, 02:27 PM.
              Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

For me it is HEARTS....
                Helps me relax or pizzes me off..

Comment

Each has their own truths that they follow... our friends have to be one, although i do tend to agree with the idea of BangShift being an excellent place to meet and vent...
                  I can relate to having a better half putting up with your crap....
                  But without Faith in God(Your own choice), Family, and a free country defended by free men and women where we can enjoy our passions is paramount !
                  If I go any farther, I will get too political... so I will let others make their own observations....
                  Patrick & Tammy
                  - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
                    I have to agree, video games are a total waste of time. I DO agree. But there's something about that one game for me at least....dodging cars...I come home from work, frog in a blender all day, my brain is so full of crap ....

Is it a waste of time?? if you are enjoying the way you are passing the time??
                    like everything some over do it, and get lost in the gamer world.. and it becomes their life..

Most video games might be pointless.. but a waste of time.. na,,, But then I only play mine a few times a month..

Comment

what's the military saying? "If you can't move it, paint it!"

LOL.

"rev it till the crank turns blue" this one doesn't turn out well usually (motocross guys use this one - I guess 2 strokes actually do that)

"turn it up till it burns through, then back off a little" that usually gets you close when welding

"if it feels wrong - stop!" This can stop you from cross threading a bolt - but surely can be applied to other life situations as well.

"be yourself, if you have to act like someone else for them to like you - you don't need them" this is a good one - I think it was from an Aunt or Uncle, that's a good one.

There's always something new to learn.

Comment

dont do any dope / dont worship the pope / dont pick up the soap...

Comment

Working...
                        X