Missed Something?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missed Something?

Just wondering if I was asleep at the wheeling missed something or what? I have a friend that bought and sold a few of these convertibles last year for between $100 and $500 all runners, did he miss the boat by a year on a market spike for these cars or are these two simply the my car is 30 years old so it's valuable idea.

Last edited by ColinV; August 3, 2016, 12:39 AM.
    Fabricator's Motto: Cut to fit, Beat into place.
    Quando omni flunkus moritati
    HRPT Long Hauler 2014

french.
    they'd walk past the gold before passing by a lebaron.

it may be the reason we get trucks cheap sometimes.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Colin, I'd say the sellers of these Contact Papered LeBarons are extraordinarily optimistic and optimism is a virtue, isn't it? Either that or the state of the Canadian dollar is such that these prices translate to $500 US. Or they're out of their freaking minds.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
        Colin, I'd say the sellers of these Contact Papered LeBarons are extraordinarily optimistic and optimism is a virtue, isn't it? Either that or the state of the Canadian dollar is such that these prices translate to $500 US. Or they're out of their freaking minds.

Dan
        Or drunk, don't forget that alcohol makes you do stupid things.
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

People need to realize that just because its clean and rare , does not make it desirable . Generally if it starts as a turd , nobody will ever pay anything for it . As your buddy sold them , not alot of dollars , it would make a great rear- drive tube framed sleeper .
          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

I don't care how great the vinyl woodgrain still looks, there is no way I'm paying the full $7900 until she gets those fake-spoke wheelcovers properly polished again, and has her detailer paint the correct matching white-wall onto that left front tire. Serious. It's not gonna happen.

Even then I'm not sure if I want to have anybody recognize me personally while driving that thing, at-least until I am able to hand it off to the valets. Does anybody sell rubber Halloween masks of Lee Iacocca?

Click image for larger version

Name:	lebaron.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	1116982
            Last edited by Loren; August 3, 2016, 07:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
              Or drunk, don't forget that alcohol makes you do stupid things.
              I'd have to say drunk or high, depending on the substance of choice. Some substances just make you go to sleep. But these folks were awake enough to post an ad so we'll assume their substance made them crazy. As we say in NC, "Bless their hearts." Anyone need a translation (I know PW gets what I'm sayin').

Note that one pic is dated 2012 so maybe the Ring Brothers did a full restoration since the pic was taken - there's been time. No one knows why.

Dan
              Last edited by DanStokes; August 3, 2016, 08:41 AM.

Comment

Wood geain on anything smaller than a wagon should be illegal , what was chrysler thinking ?
                Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

In the late 40's early 50's they made a convert with a partial woodie body and they were trying to recall the good ol' days. Didn't work.

Dan

Comment

Since I scored my '85 Corolla AE86 last October I've had 3 people ask if I'd sell it. I think mid-80's cars are getting to the age when they were someone's first new car and they're feeling nostalgic. Nobody thought to hang on to these things and they got used up and crushed so when someone has a nice one they think it's worth a ton of cash.
                    Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Start hoarding Yugos.
                      Tom
                      Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Cash for Clunkers thinned out the early 80's cars

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post

I'd have to say drunk or high, depending on the substance of choice. Some substances just make you go to sleep. But these folks were awake enough to post an ad so we'll assume their substance made them crazy. As we say in NC, "Bless their hearts." Anyone need a translation (I know PW gets what I'm sayin').

Note that one pic is dated 2012 so maybe the Ring Brothers did a full restoration since the pic was taken - there's been time. No one knows why.

Dan

Google Voice, welcome to the future

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierL98GTA View Post
                            Wood geain on anything smaller than a wagon should be illegal , what was chrysler thinking ?

"must not go bankrupt" "must not go bankrupt" "must not go bankrupt"

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post

"must not go bankrupt" "must not go bankrupt" "must not go bankrupt"
                              Lol, no shit... HHR PT Cruiser and the like were manufacturers way of bringing back the past to sell cars along with WOODIES

Comment

Working...
                              X