X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really?

https://www.facebook.com/russian.ext...343917/?type=3

what the hell?
    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; August 11, 2016, 07:08 AM.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Some pretty cool rigs!
    Hot rodding is universal...

Comment

but not what he putting on the door of that rat rod.
      Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Likely he doesn't even know English, he just wanted some dangerous-sounding English words on there. Reminds me of the kid who came to work wearing a swastika pin once...actually, he had little idea of what it meant.

All the same, in the case of the kid he was required (by me) to remove the pin, and learn some respect. Our "cop killer" likewise could use some outside intervention.

Comment

underestimated interpretation.
          cool channel anyway.
          I watch the offroad vids.
          the oil findings they have in the shale, all those old trucks are getting new builds by the same companies.
          I saw a 20F below or colder, guy in his t-shirt in the cab, talking at normal levels...
          and still a monster russian offroad, brand new.

my grandma had language from the 20s.

"he's jerking you off", weird sayings.. different meanings today.
          Previously boxer3main
          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by Loren View Post
            Likely he doesn't even know English, he just wanted some dangerous-sounding English words on there. Reminds me of the kid who came to work wearing a swastika pin once...actually, he had little idea of what it meant.

All the same, in the case of the kid he was required (by me) to remove the pin, and learn some respect. Our "cop killer" likewise could use some outside intervention.

did you see that it's Hot Rod Magazine that reposted that? I'd presume that they haven't offshored that much of their operation that they can no longer read english.

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
              Some pretty cool rigs!
              Hot rodding is universal...
              Read the door, Bob.

Comment

Great hot rod - the door message SUCKS.
                Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                  Read the door, Bob.
                  Did, thought it was "cool sounding english" to rusky ears..
                  I didn't dwell on it too much.. There were lots nice stuff further on in the link
                  And no , "cop killer" is not approved door markings, no matter the language..
                  My son in law is a cop..

Comment

Problem is the Swastika, was high-jacked,, as that shape was used in Asia for thousands of years.. but sadly people only see what they want to see and default to the evil use of something..
                    I'm sure you knew this and also told him this part of it's history while you where putting your foot down and having him not wear it.
                    Same thing happened in the last few years over a flag that was high-jacked into a meaning that isn't the history of it..
                    Wouldn't want to teach youngn's correct history... just "select parts"
                    Last edited by JamesMayberryIII; August 11, 2016, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesMayberryIII View Post

Problem is the Swastika, was high-jacked,
                      (it's called "hi-jacked, Mark)

as that shape was used in Asia for thousands of years.. but sadly people only see what they want to see
                      Are you talking about me?

and default to the evil use of something..
                      I'm sure you knew this
                      Yes I did Mark, if you mean that somebody else had already invented hooked crosses.

and also told him this part of it's history
                      No, that's not my job, we have a thing called "junior high" for that...

while you where putting your foot down and having him not wear it.
                      Same thing happened in the last few years over a flag that was high-jacked
                      (sic)

into a meaning that isn't the history of it..
                      Wouldn't want to teach youngn's correct history... just "select parts"
                      The funny thing is, I was challenged by another worker senior to me on that very incident, claiming the swastika pre-dated Nazis so it was a legitimate expression to wear it. Except, there are a million other weird little symbols to choose from, if you think something is a neat design and you want to display it just to look...well, complex. The Swastika was hi-jacked, run through the great bowel movement of history and our fathers and grandfathers who believe in freedom and respect of all humans flushed it. No more swastika now, pick something else if you want to label yourself with oddball designs and claim it's all in innocence.

As for my work, at the end of the whole stupid incident-thing the company owner took me aside and mentioned grandma did a stint in Auschwitz, we know the end of the story to that. I'd had no idea, but I chose to not mention that I was the only guy in the company besides him that had been through the Holocaust Museum in Warsaw.

This is totally politcal, and not appropriate for this site, just I have strong feelings over it. Self-ban for me, a month. You could stand to shut up also.

Comment

I think he means "Cop Outrunner" or "Cop Dodger". Still pretty awful tho....
                        My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

There continues to be no excuse for Hot Rod publishing that crap. When I was in France, I used to laugh about the nonsensical letterman's jackets I saw on Euros. What's funny, is I had fun with two American girls who were laughing at my letterman's jacket - when I retorted with what it meant, they thought it was funny and led to a good day; but I digress. While I think the russian rat rod is cool, and saw in several months ago on a FB page that is all about Russian trucks - I didn't care. What I do care about is the BS that is HRM. Maybe when they decide that it's not Hot Rod Fashion Magazine we can have it back. If not, I'm sure they can get featured on Cuck. (yeah, look it up).

Comment

(it's called "hi-jacked, Mark)

Are you talking about me?

Yes I did Mark, if you mean that somebody else had already invented hooked crosses.

No, that's not my job, we have a thing called "junior high" for that...

(sic)

The funny thing is, I was challenged by another worker senior to me on that very incident, claiming the swastika pre-dated Nazis so it was a legitimate expression to wear it. Except, there are a million other weird little symbols to choose from, if you think something is a neat design and you want to display it just to look...well, complex. The Swastika was hi-jacked, run through the great bowel movement of history and our fathers and grandfathers who believe in freedom and respect of all humans flushed it. No more swastika now, pick something else if you want to label yourself with oddball designs and claim it's all in innocence.

As for my work, at the end of the whole stupid incident-thing the company owner took me aside and mentioned grandma did a stint in Auschwitz, we know the end of the story to that. I'd had no idea, but I chose to not mention that I was the only guy in the company besides him that had been through the Holocaust Museum in Warsaw.

This is totally politcal, and not appropriate for this site, just I have strong feelings over it. Self-ban for me, a month. You could stand to shut up also.
                            History is not political.. sorry..
                            But it's so nice that you can call others whatever name you wish,, and tell them to shut up..
                            I commented on the history of a sign/shape that you have and took issue with.. .. It has more history than just that one symbolic one you hate..and to other countries and people's culture outside of Germany, That is history.. not political.. unless you take it there..
                            Last edited by JamesMayberryIII; August 12, 2016, 04:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X