The Value of a Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boxer3main View Post

It seems skill sets stick together, that is where the sales go.
    When I was in high school a buddy of mine had me help him put a Turbo 400 transmission in his 67 Camaro. We did that in two days. I say "we" did that, I only loosened and the tightened bolts he pointed at. Amazing, how he knew how to do that already (high school) and he wasn't at all afraid. But that was back when you could open the hood and see the engine and there were no computers involved.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

I'm really not sure how serious your are . We've been trying to get you to get a blower. .....and a roll cage for so long ...... you seem to vulnerable to take advantage of. If your serious about going fast then maybe its time for ANOTHER mustang . One that if you tear it up its not the end of the world. You can still take red on drives in them thar hills .Other mustang.......No air, no heat , carpet , headliner , back seat . If you really want to go fast you could put a chevy motor in it . Woops I slipped there. Sorry . That was just in case your not serious . If you are truely miserable at your job , this is not the time to go faster . I'd think putting a blower on with a check book , on a factory fuel injected car would be as expensive as selling and buying a 2009 shelby gt500 that is already blown .
      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierL98GTA View Post
        2009 shelby gt500 that is already blown .
        Hmmmm.....Hmmmmmm. I already know you guys are all the best enablers..... Hmmmmm Car cover, tarp....it sleeps outside.... Hmmmm

Comment

Just think of it this way... Red will be yours... a Shelby is just another name for cookie cutter factory hot rod.....
          Patrick & Tammy
          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
            Just think of it this way... Red will be yours... a Shelby is just another name for cookie cutter factory hot rod.....
            A Top Fuel ride would be too long, can't fit that in the driveway with Bubba out there, too.

I'm serious about something, just don't know what.

Comment

I think you need to go back and read my whole post . I wasn't implying a shelby as the other mustang. That was the part of if you just want one stang , go buy one with a blower and sell red . Keep red ......buy a cheaper more disposable car and cage it and a big hp motor .
              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

So you're trying to justify a blower. Using typical "logic" (rationalization) that keeps most people from doing fun things with cars. It will hurt the value, it isn't worth as much, it's kinda old and tired, do I really *need it?* I don't give a damn what I could sell one of my cars for, because I build them for me. If someone wants to pay me for my knowledge, passion, and skills that I sink into these things, fine by me. The price starts way above what you could buy a nicer one for, and goes up from there. Zero plans to sell them.

When you plan to keep it, it gives you freedom. Who gives a damn what you have in it, because you are doing it for you, not to sell it some halfwit who will wrap it around a tree. What it comes down to is this

1. Do I want it and how bad do I want it?
                2. Do I have the money for it without putting myself in dire financial straights?
                3. Will it be worth the money and time I have to spend on it?
                4. Is it easier to get a different vehicle and change it and keep this one how it is?

Answer those and then you know if you want to click the buy now button and get the big brown truck moving to bring you Christmas in August.

I'll sacrifice a bunch of things to get something done. I've been living without running water for two years because my shop is the priority. I got the GTO going because I needed another vehicle since I have been having so many issues with the ones I have been running, and they have 200k to 300k on them. Right now I am getting a truck running, since the Tahoe is dead and needs a huge amount of work on top of the $2k I have dumped into it already this spring. Yeah I could have gotten the other truck running first, but I have been almost ten years without a daily driver vintage machine. I'll happily drive 13 miles to take a shower and poo indoors in my GTO.

If you don't have to sacrifice anything major to get it, and you can replace the retirement money within a couple months or a year, then get the freaking blower.

Comment

I want to finish the V8 S10 and dunebuggy projects in the worst way, but I made paying off our house the top priority. I kinda wish I didn't do that, but owning a house free and clear is pretty enticing. Todd brings up many good points. If you can make the sacrifice and/or take the hit than do it. By the damn blower, cage the car (so Keith don't bitch at you during tech inspection), and flog the piss outta that pony before YOUR date with the glue factory...

Comment

You only live once..
                    I was feeling my pains... Close to 40 yrs old.. Worked part time under the table at a scrap yard..
                    All the nice runners being scrapped.. Wanted to try a form of motorsports before "too late" and "sitting in my rocking chair going..I wish..."
                    30 years later.. Still involved. Just not as a driver..
                    JUST DO IT!
                    Can always install a rev limiter..

Comment

Derby cars used to never have uprights to keep the roof up.. Now we have at least one..
                      You probably can use and be allowed to use one with a plate on your floor and add the hoop to run then remove when back home.
                      There are cages that can be made to be out of sight..

Comment

im amazed no one has said to drop a 460 ford into "red".....
                        i did it in an '86 5.0 fox stang. it was STUPID.

totally awesome and i would highly recommend it !

frame connectors and battle boxes ( rear control arm mounting
                        re-enforcement kits) are 100% necessary.....

Comment

Working...
                        X