Detailers , neat freaks , need a little advise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detailers , neat freaks , need a little advise

I'm not much of a neat freak on keeping the inside of the car looking like it just came off a car lot . Yeah , I pick up receipts , straw wrappers , throw the cups and coke cans away and vacuum the carpets but , I need to know how to clean dust and get stuff off black plastic like on the console without leaving a greasy residue .
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

I go over all my cars, daily drivers and the MC, with a light mix of Lysol/Water, One ounce Lysol to half a spray bottle of water, give it a light mist and wipe clean with a dry cotton hand towel. Detail the heater vents & tight spots with Q-tips. Go back over it again with just a light mix of plain water in a spray bottle. The water chaser takes up any light residue the Lysol leaves behind. Does not attract extra dust like spraying with interior detailer or Armor All. The Armor All leaves a nice shine, but it is a super magnet for dust/pollen.
    '86 Monte SS (sold) ~ HRPT 2015, '17, '18 ~ Long Hauler
    '73 Dodge Coronet Wagon ~ ‘19 Long Hauler
    79 Trans Am project
    ’90 Chevy 454 SS

Comment

lysol and water is great.. neutral outcome. I keep a spray bottle at all times in my truck. 50/50 mix.
      if there is an ionization goo under the dust.. its like sticky human skin that goes to steering wheels and shifter.
      Armor All makes wipes that look like a package of baby wipes, pluck one out at a time and clean away.
      leaves no armor all type wax.. neutral.

my truck at 355k had detailers, but to really get it needed a vacuum run on a generator, and rummaging through my dads 40 year routine of his own rig keeping clean.
      I went through 10 of those wipes just to see the steering wheel shrink where peoples hands had been. all leather...and gooped.
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Thanks guys . This also sounds like a good way to clean under the hood on things that are the three blacks .....Flat , Semi , and gloss . But not much of the latter. The hoses , the underside of the hood and the inner fender wells that are attached to the hood all have collected a light layer of dust from driving thru construcion zones on side roads . ( from the lift fan that pulls air from under the front end up to the radiator. Then the fan behind the radiator blows it all around under the hood . One more question . I've always used windex and paper towels or news paper if I have some . Would vinegar and some persentage of water be better ?
        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Do not Armorall seats..especially motorcycle seats if you tend to get frisky...

Comment

Working...
          X