Red's Wheels and a Clothes Dryer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red's Wheels and a Clothes Dryer

I pulled out out all the the stuff to wash the brake dust off of Red's wheels. I've determined that with my current work schedule and as hot as it's been here, it'll take me three afternoons to wash Red. Two wheels one day, yesterday (jack him up, take the wheels off of the car, etc.). Other two wheels the next day, today, wash the mud off of his butt on the third day, maybe tomorrow. For what that's worth.

I'm on the second day. In the middle of it. Unit comes out there and tells me the clothes dryer isn't drying. There's water on the dryer door, there's lint on the OUTside of the lint filter, the clothes have been in the dryer for 3 hours and are still soaking wet.

Stop washing Red's wheels. Go in the house. Tear up the vinyl floor sliding the dryer out (It was torn already, tear it some more). make enough room behind the dryer for me to fit into, about a foot and a half by nothing, at most, while moving the dryer enough to tear the dryer exhaust hose apart, there was no slack to begin with. Unit rolls her eyes....now I've REALLY ruined the whole setup.

I climb over the washing machine, straddle the dryer, drop down into that uninhabitable space. The dryer hose connection to the floor is already undone, destroyed. Reach down into the dryer hose outbound as far as my arm will go. There are nails or sharp things inside that lint pipe, something sharp at least, I'm bleeding. I grab a wad of lint in there that was as big as a squirrel nest. The line was clogged with lint. I bleed on the lint and hand it over my back to Unit. I'm stuck behind the dryer. That's Kenny's spot, not mine, but I'm in it. The pipe was clogged, I cleared it.

Then I couldn't get it hooked back up again, since I shredded part of it pulling the dryer out from the wall and tearing up the vinyl floor.So we had the make the space even smaller to make the hose reach. Good thing I'm not claustrophobic. Sweating, cussing.

I fixed the GD dryer, I think. If we'd have thought of it, we should have made a video of me getting back out of there. On the next load of clothes, if our house burns down, dryer fire, .....well I won't be able to ask any of y'all for a place to stay because the computer will be burned up too in the fire.

Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

all because you washed your wheels. that learnt ya.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Heating element burnt?
      Appliance repairman told me during one of the 45 dryer loads I picked up from his shop is that clogged exhausts kill more dryers than anything else!

Comment

Been there, done that - P. Ain't no fun at all, and yes - that shit is SHARP.
        Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Good job P. Trust me, you DO NOT want to have a house fire. Been there done that.
          Tom
          Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Originally posted by Huskinhano View Post
            Good job P. Trust me, you DO NOT want to have a house fire. Been there done that.
            I was renting one room in brewer maine, a couples house.

I noticed a main beam was broken, got one from my brothers job site..did some other stuff to keep rain from coming in at me. I saw the dryer had been filling the basement for years.
            while there for about ten months..
            we broke an all time cold record and had a blizzicane (december/january hurricane)
            my work kept it going for a few more months.

I said "this place is going to burn, and someone will get killed."

about a year or two after I left I found their house in the paper.
            1 dead, it was a guy who rented my old room...died in it. House destroyed.
            I bet it went very fast.. I saw the ingredients myself.

the owner died before then, he gave me a subaru for fixing at his house.(the 93 loyale I spoke of)
            Last edited by Barry Donovan; August 22, 2016, 06:20 PM.
            Previously boxer3main
            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
              Heating element burnt?
              Appliance repairman told me during one of the 45 dryer loads I picked up from his shop is that clogged exhausts kill more dryers than anything else!
              yup.. clean out the vent 3 time a year..
              well you waneted to buy an new drier..
              is it gas or electric..
              Last edited by JamesMayberryIII; August 23, 2016, 03:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X